ReefCleaners.org

Cesar's 20 gallon

Cesar

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by reeferbarra20

nothing happened , just wondering where you got it from.

Btw be sure to check out my thread updates coming soon.

Yes im following. I want to see the end result of that monster.

reeferbarra20

lol.. heh so do I. I'm trying to decide where to put the tank, make sure the tank is properly supported , and that the floor is level. I really wanna set it an forget it.

A little update pictures. I haven't taken some in a while. I still need to do a major clean in my tank though.

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252204_16256.jp

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252204_16257.jp

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252204_16258.jp

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252204_16259.jp

Thanks "I have Crabs". MH is the way to go if you are going to keep high end corals like SPS. I don't have any at the time, but I will soon. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

cesar, i have the $hittiest time with my blastos. They're driving me crazy. Basically, some are doing well and some are throwing a fit no matter what I do. May I ask how you generally are taking care of them? Just to show you how bad I am, I have a pink blasto that was doing okay, and then yesterday I fed it cyclop-eeze, and they suddenly shrivelled up the day after and started receding. So, I'm like, wtf. Help me, brother. Your blastos look great btw.

OMG PochiePooh I might get some bad reaction for this but here it goes. I do nothing for them....I mean, i buy them at platinumreefs. Tigahboy bags it for me. I drive it home, which is about a 5 to 10 minute drive depending on traffic. I float the bag for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then I release them into my tank. That is it bro. Nothing really out of the ordinary. Only one thing that I do is plan ahead of time where im going to place them. Reason being is that I have MH and I was told that they are not very high light demanders. So I place them in some what of a shadowy area for about a week and slowly bring them out to the light. Or I place them as far as possible to the tank wall where they are not going to get blasted with the light.

Let me ask you something. The Blastos that you get are they from Platinumreefs or some where else? I noticed that everything that comes from platinumreefs is very healthy so that may be another factor. Thanks for the comments though.

My new White Speckle Blasto from Platinumreefs.com

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252205_16594.jp

A Blasto that I never posted, why? I don't know it's beautiful. But im a bit color blind. In person it seems a bit pinkish, peachy. But in photo it looks a bit redish. But it's not red.

large.gallery_9777_4_1356252205_16595.jp

Cesar. So you don't feed your blastos? Do you ever find that blastos with some type of green coloration are more hardy than the red/pink ones?

Thanks Reeffam and ZooGirl

PoochiePooh, im not really sure. I have heard that Blasto(W) is hardier than the Blasto(M), not sure about the coloration though.

And you know what Tigahboy, im so hooked on LPS/Blastos that I want more and more and more. Man Blastos are killer.

:lol: Your preaching to the choir.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived