Coral Vue Hydros

My 29 gallon nano

Shorty5198

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You JUST got your 150w....you're going to return that and get the 250w? I think it will be fine. I have 250w over my 30g (36x12x16h) and they are cool. Just leave the shrooms at the bottom of the tank...or near a cave for some darker coverage.

And I agree...20K all the way!

Thanks. I'm just thinking of ideas for now. My plan is that I want to start up another nano and when i do, i might use the 150 watt on that and then upgrade to the 250 watt on my 29.I'm thinkin way in the future and nothings carved in stone or anything, just thinkin of ideas:)

Thanks again

BTW, Sweet 30g!

Shorty, What brand is your light (ex. corallife pendent or aqua medic ocean light pendent).

I'm just wondering what you have so that I might be able to make a decision. Do you have a pic with your new light?

O yea its the 150 watt Aqua meadic ocean light. It's got a 20k ushio bulb in it and it works great.The bulb is still breaking in and it will get brighter as time goes on. There is a pic of it on the top of the page :)

It has an overflow box and a pre-filter in the back.The wet/dry has bio-balls and ceramics in it. It also has a couple layers of filter padding. Its got everything i need; skimmer, heater(bought seperatley), and more filtration than you would ever need. If your looking around for a filter, i would highly recomend it.

I also got this SWEET dusky jawfish too. This is the best pic I could get of him. He's still kinda shy, i'll post better pics when i get'm.

3d7.jpg

Originally posted by Shorty5198

Thanks. I'm just thinking of ideas for now. My plan is that I want to start up another nano and when i do, i might use the 150 watt on that and then upgrade to the 250 watt on my 29.I'm thinkin way in the future and nothings carved in stone or anything, just thinkin of ideas:)  

Thanks again

BTW, Sweet 30g!

I am Tigahboy's sub...he told me to tell you "thanks! sorry I didn't respond earlier...didn't even realize you responded to my post."

and "Crocea will do fine under 150w or 250w Ocean Lights."

and "killer jawfish! I love those guys and barnacle blennies!"

:)

I wanna feed my anenome some kind of frozen food like krill, maybe like 1 a day. Does anyone have any better suggestions food wise or is krill ok?

wait...when did you get an anemone? I didnt see anything on that in your trhead. what kind? where's the pic?

and w/ silver sides, I only feed a small chunk once or twice a week.

jeez thats deep, your sand beds six inches deep? Dang, well he's diggin it right now so it might be somthin to think about in the future :).

I don't think you'll have to worry about 6" of sand...he will likely just dig under a rock diagnolly into the sand bed, and no real harm will come to him w/ this arrangement.

You could do both silversides and krill...variety is always beneficial to corals and anemones.

Archived