Top Shelf Aquatics

My 29 gallon nano

Shorty5198

Hey everyone,

Here is a pic of my 29 gallon nano-reef. It is about 5 months old. Please give me feedback on what you think of it and any suggestions. Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The corals are-

-purple mushrooms

-blue and Green Mushroom

-green pimple mushrooms

-assorted zoos

-assorted sps( acros, monti cap...)

-Pipe organ

-Star Polyp

-Sun coral

-xinia

-Toadstool leather

-More on the way!

Fish, Inverts, Misc.-

-2 Cleaner Shrimp

-Dwarf Crabs

-Blue Spot goby

-Mandarin Fish

-Caulerpa

-Lg Feather Duster

that should be plenty, i have 2x65 watts on that and they work out great so i am sure 3x65 watts will be just fine. I am currently upgrading to a 150 watt metal halide though because i want to start gettin some clams and more sps!

honda, i would go with the 30 inch aqualight. It has 2x65 50-50 bulbs and it works great. That is what is on that pic. Pleanty lof lighting and they're not teribbly expensive. Marineandreef.com has them for $128 or i'm sure you could find a nice deal on ebay.

P.S. Sorry i havent been able to get on my computer latley and i wasn't able to answer your post until today:)

I've been doing a ton of research on clams and i know the basics for keeping them but does anyone have any special tips or tricks that make them thrive?

Originally posted by Shorty5198

I've been doing a ton of research on clams and i know the basics for keeping them but does anyone have any special tips or tricks that make them thrive?

Well it is important to keep everything very stable--especially the Calcium levels. However, if your acro is doing well, this should not be very hard for you. If they are under about 2.5 inches or so they might need spot feeding with plankton. I'm thinking that a maxima should do well with that halide, but I am sure some people will say to get the 250W.

Well, I finnaly got my 20k buld for my 150watt MH and i am very pleased. I originally got the 10k and it was pretty yellow. I know it takes a while to break in but i knew that i wouldn't like it in the end. Now i can finnally start to get my clams! What'd ya think?

cbd.jpg

Archived