ReefCleaners.org

schgr.cube's Fiji Cube 38 Gallon Peninsula - new fish!

schgr.cube

On 12/30/2022 at 10:00 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Ohhh man !!! Those Visuran polyps are wowzers if they are the right ones. Remind me of nightmares with green mixed in. 

Yeah they are really insane in person, I couldn't photograph them at all...they pop like crazy under any of my lighting.

Snagged a few shots today, having a hard time dialing in color lately...

FijiCube38-0075.thumb.jpg.0b215a86dee200b66b6f1fbfc47424be.jpg

24k Milli

FijiCube38-0076.thumb.jpg.99d9440eed713c8e067380ab2f149433.jpg

Acid Trip Milli

FijiCube38-0077.thumb.jpg.1b8806f643001a3189ebb54994ed840c.jpg

Sonic Flare

FijiCube38-0078.thumb.jpg.57a2a52aaee548074c95647e02665170.jpg

JF Visuran, really looks dull here which isn't accurate at all...

FijiCube38-0079.thumb.jpg.aaa73ebf7c9f07f27bd2980b14748fb4.jpg

Scrambled Eggs

FijiCube38-0080.thumb.jpg.b4791894525bdb7d5e8d6b3c8c5471af.jpg

My Anemone Crab has been hosting the RBTA full time now.

FijiCube38-0081.thumb.jpg.043d2cb7c29e677283db3b7dc281a6b2.jpg

A green RFA I picked up a while ago.

FijiCube38-0082.thumb.jpg.f40f5faf90fa129eb64a2c845aaa3acb.jpg

JF Mr Yuck Acro

FijiCube38-0083.thumb.jpg.de96d0bfe11ffcc16fa12ce7a1178c29.jpg

SC Orange Passion Acro

FijiCube38-0084.thumb.jpg.33e27475df6bfafcc695d1d881f73ae7.jpg

BC Aquatic Man Acro that I dropped when clipping off the frag plug, hope it's fine!

FijiCube38-0085.thumb.jpg.faeea0a68e432bf7ac3f3ffa438baf1b.jpg

Mummy Eye Chalice still getting too blasted by light, hoping the above acro shades it a bit once it grows and lets it color up.

Happy New Year everyone! Stay safe.

• Like 1

Okaaaaay,I see you bud !!! Looking great,I love the new additions. Those actually aren't the ones I though they were. But still KILLAAAA !!!

So the kid at the store near me thats closing,droppee the frag he gave me since they are close and broke three branches off like an IDIOT. It was damn near a mini colony but is PISSED now lol. 

On 12/31/2022 at 8:08 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Okaaaaay,I see you bud !!! Looking great,I love the new additions. Those actually aren't the ones I though they were. But still KILLAAAA !!!

So the kid at the store near me thats closing,droppee the frag he gave me since they are close and broke three branches off like an IDIOT. It was damn near a mini colony but is PISSED now lol. 

Hah thank you! Yeah, I don't think these are super common, even looking them up just now to see what people are charging I'm only seeing a few listed online. I am going to try to get a realistic photo of them, but honestly the photo on Jason Fox's website is actually pretty damn close:

https://jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/products/jason-fox-visuran-paly

Ooooof, thats no bueno! Was this one of the super cheap ones at least?

Also, I picked up a Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse as my second to last fish, I had a really solid coupon for my local shop and it was already on sale as well. It seems to be eating already which is great, but I can't tell if it has actual curvature to its spine or if is just doing that weird Wrasse thing that they do when they swim... I'm going to take some videos now just in case it has issues so the shop knows it was like this when I bought it.

4 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

You're getting me pumped about zoos again, but I've stopped buying coral, so much already. 

Want me to just bring you some? I'm sure you can still find space...😛 I already have 2p of Exosphere separated...

I'll trade you for some SPS, I'm definitely ready to up my SPS game!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, schg said:

Want me to just bring you some? I'm sure you can still find space...😛 I already have 2p of Exosphere separated...

I'll trade you for some SPS, I'm definitely ready to up my SPS game!

It's easy because they're so small! Yeah, I'm down for a trade. 

Thats still pretty cool though,they look good. I will try and find thr pic I thought you were talking about. Nvm they were the same ones lol. 

I'm pretty envious right now,I woke up to 2 pure white frags before I left for work 😂

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thats still pretty cool though,they look good. I will try and find thr pic I thought you were talking about. Nvm they were the same ones lol. 

I'm pretty envious right now,I woke up to 2 pure white frags before I left for work 😂

Yeah I honestly am having a really hard time getting colors right with this camera / light combo. I think the only time I was ever able to get coloring down for photos was with the NBR hybrid I had. I am going to go back to my old bulb combo and see how I can do with that, I just liked the colors I was getting running two Actinic bulbs.

Bulbs will be the following again:

• Blue Plus
  • True Actinic
  • Coral Plus
  • Blue Plus
4 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

If it were me,I would use the T5's for the brunt of the power/spread. I can't keep up,what LED are you using ? 

I’m not sure I even know anymore…😆

I’m using a Kessil a360x, so I’m actually pretty well covered on spectrum and power. Coverage is probably not ideal on the ends of the tank at 36”, but for my coral placement there I’m fine. 

Hahahaha. I really wanna try a Purple Plus. Always kinda tickled my interest. 

Well as long as sps are 12-16" from center of the light you should be good coverage wise for them. 

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hahahaha. I really wanna try a Purple Plus. Always kinda tickled my interest. 

Well as long as sps are 12-16" from center of the light you should be good coverage wise for them. 

I have a used Purple Plus that I don't think has that many hours on it, I could try it and let you know how I feel. And yes, anything demanding higher light is in a good spot, but the Digis are off to the side where they are happier. The Bubblegum Digi is growing a good amount already, and still looks beautiful.

Welp, my Lubbocks Wrasse is already dead... I'm not sure what happened, as I found the Mithrax Crab snacking on its corpse. I'm glad I took video of it swimming the other day with its spine looking quite curved, and hoping they'll at least give me a refund. Not sure if I should replace it with another, or grab something else...

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Its up to you,I would appreciate it lol. The C+ is a little too drab for my likings. I am thinking either a B+ & Actinic or a B+ and a P+ for my hybrid combo since I am gonna rely on my leds to cover 100% of the white spectrum. 

Dammmmmn,that sucks man. I am sorry to hear that. So it had a crooked spine ? Thats crazy. 

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Its up to you,I would appreciate it lol. The C+ is a little too drab for my likings. I am thinking either a B+ & Actinic or a B+ and a P+ for my hybrid combo since I am gonna rely on my leds to cover 100% of the white spectrum. 

Dammmmmn,that sucks man. I am sorry to hear that. So it had a crooked spine ? Thats crazy. 

On my old tank, C+, Actinic, and 2x B+ was seriously perfect, but that was with the NBR pucks. On the current setup, even with the color fully set to blue for the Kessil, that combo feels a bit too white for me. I wonder if it is also due to the fact that I had a black background on that tank and on this one I just see through to the other side since its a peninsula. idk.

And yeah, I noticed it as soon as I got home so I took a video of it, but it basically looked like he was just curved the whole time he was swimming instead of straightening out at all. I feel like most wrasses tend to look like that when they are at the store, but I can't say I pay a ton of attention to them overall... This shop has a 13 day guarantee so it should be fine, as long as their test kits aren't reading drastically different than mine!

Okay, well they didn't give me problems with refunding the fish, but they didn't have any other Lubbocks Wrasses and didn't know when they would get any. They did have an Exquisite Fairy Wrasse that has been there for a few weeks, and I have seen it eat, so I decided just to get that instead. I enjoy the Lubbocks coloration more overall, especially as an adult, but this juvenile Exquisite is quite stunning too. It also looks like it has a straight spine, which is a bonus 😛

I went up stairs to check on it to make sure it was still okay, and decided to snap a bunch of night shots. I am a bit too high to worry about turning the pumps off and using a tripod to get better shots, but I still thought these were kind of fun. The high ISO ruins things a bit, oh well.

FijiCube38-0086.thumb.jpg.912dbe8f35e27156d65c02d6e4fe9304.jpg

FijiCube38-0087.thumb.jpg.26ee1000bc8f324e58bea46eb79c44ab.jpg

FijiCube38-0088.thumb.jpg.4769b930e260e44b83bb706bf2c72e5e.jpg

FijiCube38-0089.thumb.jpg.b5e5b42767790811700e76d23614b05b.jpg

FijiCube38-0090.thumb.jpg.4406fbbef0ced5b187432d39d68bdee0.jpg

FijiCube38-0091.thumb.jpg.5c46ea468090953fb10d3b442a2afff5.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Filling in very nicely (and quickly) 

It's definitely coming along! I've been going heavier on the zoas since they tend to fill out so fast, and would prefer to have a nice mixture than a large swatch of a certain coloration.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of the Exquisite Wrasse:

FijiCube-38-0092.thumb.jpg.052ddb6c8136c102d70863a0a4757d0d.jpg

I'll have to wait to see how it colors up as an adult, but I still do think I like the Lubbock's more overall... Maybe I made a bad decision. 😓

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
On 1/6/2023 at 10:54 AM, YHSublime said:

I like it!

Thanks!

Lost my misbar clown, looks like Brook... I know I should be quarantining my fish, but I generally don't have enough fish for it to matter... I am hoping it doesn't spread to anyone else, but I'll keep my eye on things for now and then look at replacing him once I feel confident no one else is sick.

• Sad 1

Got quite the haul from @YHSublime last night, and I am pretty close to having a frag of just about every piece of SPS he has in his tank now! 😂

• Walt Disney Acro (01/09/2023)
  • JF Fox Flame Acro (01/09/2023)
  • Bill Murray Acro (01/09/2023)
  • Poletti Yellow Tip Acro (01/09/2023)
  • What Isaac is calling "The Hulk" Green Tenuis (01/09/2023)
  • Vivid Rainbow Delight Acro (01/09/2023)
  • Mr. Pacman Acro (01/09/2023)
  • Cali Tort (01/09/2023)
  • Oregon Tort (01/09/2023)

I'll grab photos once I decide where things are going.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Looking really good! I like that you're using the Kessil. If any of my AI's crap out on me again I'm thinking of getting an AP9x for lighting (minus the T5's). I'm sure your T5 supplementation is contributing to your success. LOL, your going to need that spread and coverage once all those new sticks start growing.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tmc1313 said:

Looking really good! I like that you're using the Kessil. If any of my AI's crap out on me again I'm thinking of getting an AP9x for lighting (minus the T5's). I'm sure your T5 supplementation is contributing to your success. LOL, your going to need that spread and coverage once all those new sticks start growing.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about getting the AP9x just for slightly more LED coverage on this tank, not necessarily just for the coral, but more for the aesthetics of the tank. It does appear to be a bit spotlighted in the middle with one LED cluster. I have found a few decent local deals on them, so I'm sure it would be cheaper than adding a second a360x lol.

But highly recommend, I am super happy with the Kessil!

On 1/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Dannng broseppi,thats a good list !!! 

Yeah I am stoked! I am not sure the WD is going to make it, it looks a little...white. It did slip a bit when I was gluing to the frag plug, so perhaps it was a bit too irritated by too much glue. Everything else looks great still, I'll try to gram some photos today.

• schgr.cube changed the title to schgr.cube's Fiji Cube 38 Gallon Peninsula - new fish!