Top Shelf Aquatics

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

• debbeach13 changed the title to Diver Dan's Possible Trouble in Paradise

Diver Dan here my Dearest Maria has been up on the rock for a couple days due to coral additions. Although temporary there a turbo snail that could easily cause her to fall and get hurt. Plus check out that loving gaze. She's been eyeing the 20L and asked if I have every considered moving.

• Like 1

I do not miss trying to interpret test results… I used to always have to ask the hubs and kiddo for second and third opinions. Taking a pic like you did always seemed helpful though… and I think there’s an app that can interpret the colors too… can’t remember what it was called. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Deb here to set the record straight. Possible trouble in paradise had nothing to do with Maria.

I took 2-gallons of water from the 20L and swapped with 2-gallons from this tank. I absolutely wanted to show a good increase that I could see in the test. I now wish I just did 1 gallon.  Sort of over dosed nitrates and phosphate. I have a couple gallons over water mixing to be tested. I want to see what a half IO - half RC parameters look like. Roughly. The plan was to use it on the 20L. Might use half here depending on how things look in the morning. Only Flinch and the 2 new corals are worth watching the other coral came from the dirty 20.

Sorry no photo's, The test results to my eye's Po4-1 + No3-50.

PS. still waiting for that bright green to turn to coralline:) 

Edited by debbeach13
no photo's
  • Like 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to Diver Dan's IM Pro10
geekreef_05

Very daring, almost reef risque to have figurines in the reef. 

Its so 80s throwback. Your breaking modern boundaries! Woot. Ive yet to see anyone really do something like this long term. Or even a ship wreck reef. 

Know what would make diver dan even more throwback? Bubbles. I said it. Bubbles. I'll just leave bubbles on the table. 

• 3 weeks later...

Diver Dan has been with me over a couple years. He started with bubbles in my fluval evo 5 not a contestant tank. A few months after the 365 contest was over. I took down that tank. The salt creep was not so bad because the tank was comparatively short. When Dan moved to his new home the IM10 the salt creep was much worse, the tank is taller. Now he is moving again. 

• Like 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?

I am a little overwhelmed right now with trying to maintain 3 tanks. I didn’t actually want to take one down. So for now I removed everything and just put a couple pieces of rock in that was in a bucket with heat and flow, no light. Not sure if I will run another reef. Maybe I will breed snails. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

I’m right there with you… I think I’m going to break down my Evo 5 over the weekend. That’s an interesting new scape there from this angle.  🍆🤭😜

• Haha 2

I hadn't noticed, now I can't unsee it. All 3 tanks I just sort of moved everything. They all could use some aquascaping. Someday, maybe. I will how ever change this tank right now. No coral or fish = no worries.

• Haha 2

I just couldn’t make that Tonga branch look good. So the tank is dongless!
Grabbed a couple small pieces of rock from the 20, and put about 5 pounds of live sand on top of the little bit that was in there. Top down, front, left, and right. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A couple days ago I removed the rocks and water. Cleaned up the back chambers and the pump a little. Moved the tank to a different room. I don’t have the money to maintain 3 reef tanks but I can’t seem to take this one down. So following what I did in my Evo 5 with pretty good results. I mixed up tap water, prime.

Then just because I hadn’t thrown it out yet, for salt I used some instant ocean and reef crystals that I mix 50/50 but this bucket has been clumping due to humidity. Temp 78 SG 1.025

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Long time without any updates, mostly because not much happening. I did do a couple water changes and moved coral in and out of the tank. The corals were stuff that was fragged. I was hoping to try and get some credit for at the LFS. I may still try to do that, but for now everything was put in my 20L after finally getting a new light.

Today I am mixing up 3 gallons of RO water with red sea coral pro salt for a W/C, will change out the carbon and filter pad. 

Hoping for a new beginning with new coral from a local reefer. 

image.jpg

Edited by debbeach13
Forgot the photo
  • Like 4

Picked up the coral yesterday. All the coral was placed in the tank. After a couple hours. I put the lights on blue only and turned down low. within an hour everything was open. It was almost nostalgic for me. Buying corals from a local reefer. I am more than pleased. We had agreed on 9 frags but when I got home there were 11 frags in the bucket! Thank you so much. I was unsure about keeping this tank running but now thanks to Steve it has a new beginning. I will post pictures soon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am happy to hear you are happy !!! I cant wait to see how everything looks in the tank. I knew I gave you 1 extra frag,not 2 lol. I remember the red hornets but not the other do you what it is ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the rock for a single mound. It is the cleanest rock I have. Glued all the frags on it. Just used some super glue gel and a small amount so I can easily remove each plug if need. 
#1 white only 

#2 white and blue

#3 blue only = windex

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...