Coral Vue Hydros

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

Good morning. Diver Dan here nothing new going on in the tank. Haven't tested anything yet. Flinch is doing well and starting to learn that the human brings food. Speaking of the human she did check 10 on-line vendors, for pricing and availability and none had sun corals in stock! 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
19 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Good morning. Diver Dan here nothing new going on in the tank. Haven't tested anything yet. Flinch is doing well and starting to learn that the human brings food. Speaking of the human she did check 10 on-line vendors, for pricing and availability and none had sun corals in stock! 

Too bad you’re so far away, two of my LFSs usually have them. I’ll ask if they ship next time I go.

You don’t want any from my tank, my rock is loaded with bristleworms!

My 20L has bristleworms. I hand pick the large ones out sometimes when it's easy to do so.

I am going to ask a couple LFS if they can order some sun corals, Since WWC and TSA both cultivate corals often when I mention a coral I am looking for or a certain color they go find something in the back room! Of course, timing is everything. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love my Eheim programable fish feeder that I have used on my 20L for a few years now. Unfortunately, I could not find one locally, The only feeder I could find is a Topfin auto fish feeder. It is the old version and is not programable. You can only set it to either feed once (24 hours) or twice (12 hours) from whenever you put the batteries in. It is so fragile hopefully it works well enough, and feeds Flinch while I am gone. Very mixed reviews. Seems to work best with pellets but Flinch does not eat those. So, I will be using small flakes and not attaching it to the tank. I want it to be far enough away from the water surface to prevent moisture from clumping up the food. I placed a acrylic top from my JBJ pico on top of the screen top to help reduce evaporation and wood to hold the feeder. Pretty ugly but functional.

image.jpg

• Like 6

One of my son's will check on the tanks around the halfway point before he comes to join us. HOPEFULLY He will only have to top of the ATO's reservoirs.

Originally, I was only going for 3 or 4 days. The new house is completely empty, brand new. The furniture was scheduled to be delivered and set up Saturday. Then the furniture company wanted to change it to after Thanksgiving.  Which wouldn't work since 11 people are confirmed for Thanksgiving dinner.  Now everything is being delivered this Thursday. My youngest is flying up there tonight. He was originally driving. Now, my daughter in law is driving with 2 kids, and two dogs. Pulling a trailer with all the other stuff a home needs. I could never let her make that trip alone. So, I am now going for 9 or 10 days. This should be interesting for sure.

P.S.

Diver Dan insists that since construction on his home is at a standstill. He should come for comic relief if nothing else.

• Like 4

Hi dog came to visit. Hung around for an hour. No collar, a little thin and needs a good brushing, maybe a bath. We offered food he didn’t eat any. Let him in the house and still very calm. Even with the two dogs. The next time someone went out so did he. He is just hanging out on the porch. A beautiful Husky. My daughter in law drove to a house with lights on. The man there said he saw the dog earlier but had not ever seen him before. When we opened the door later he went out. We have gone in and out several times. Sometimes he gets up put always lays back down on the towels we put down. Going to see if he is chipped in the morning.

064FB4FD-CEDB-4C17-A2F2-1C83C70D7995.jpeg

A2E876A9-9A5F-4A55-A799-123FDFC7AE1D.jpeg

FA7052BC-9B7C-48FC-BA43-B7D9ECA68F0D.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Diver Dan here we  came back home. Arrived at 8pm, another 10 hour drive. All the tanks looked great. Putting the glass tops on reduced evaporation so much that it would have been fine without any refills of the containers. I didn’t get to go so sight seeing and felt a little neglected. The human and 10 family members, 2 dogs and a parrot seemed to enjoy being together, so I almost understand. I was introduced to Billy but he wasn’t sure what to make of me.

9EA5403D-D414-44B8-98A3-9648F01E7F8C.jpeg

8C7C2FCD-97DA-4EF7-B21A-CF8026C3568F.jpeg

EFA6248E-41DF-4928-99B0-1D7698B142BC.jpeg

• Like 5

My oldest son and his wife had a JBJ 3-gallon pico for a few years, but they got a camper and decided to take it down. I took his Yellow watchman goby named Fredrick and a few corals. His green hairy mushroom gave me a ton of babies and I eventually traded them all in for store credit.

• Like 2
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?