Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Best way to link HQ pictures?

TheKleinReef

55 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Last time I was active Flickr was the way to link HQ pictures but now it seems that isn’t the case. What’s the new best way?

😅

There really isn't a way anymore. Even externally loaded pictures run through the NR image proxy which still compresses it heavily. @Christopher Marks is there any way around this?

Christopher Marks

There’s no way to bypass Nano-Reef’s local image proxy, unfortunately. Our site keeps a local copy of images posted, so shared images are preserved long term. I’m unclear why it started compressing our photos so harshly though, particularly blue tones, but a server upgrade is in the works, and this behavior will stop entirely in a few weeks time.

Really sorry for this, it frustrates me too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Our site keeps a local copy of images posted, so shared images are preserved long term.

this is a very nice feature to bake into the site, thank you for doing this.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
Christopher Marks

@TheKleinReef @jservedio @mitten_reef

Our image proxy is no longer able to be used, for various reasons, but one side benefit is Flickr images won’t be compressed anymore, moving forward.

Consider uploading your photos directly to our site instead however, as image quality should be improved compared to how it was previously, and your images will be preserved here with your journals no matter what happens to Flickr some day. 

• Like 5