Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mr. Aqua 22 gallon (closed loop for flow)

tmc1313

How have I not seen this yet? This comes pretty close to my ideal invisible build with the closed loop, but I would have also hidden the overflow/return within the rockwork inside the aquarium to keep it even more invisible! 🤤

But this is amazing, I absolutely love it!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 11:13 PM, debbeach13 said:

WoW! Some seriously gorgeous additions. Great mix of colors! Looks fantastic.

Thanks, That's kind of what I'm going for. I don't really care what the coral is, just as long as there is some contrast in colors. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:37 AM, Nano sapiens said:

Very nice and clean setup👍

Thank you!

On 8/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, Theshallows said:

WOW - very cool. Love the stand

Thanks, the stand worked out great for this size tank.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, schg said:

How have I not seen this yet? This comes pretty close to my ideal invisible build with the closed loop, but I would have also hidden the overflow/return within the rockwork inside the aquarium to keep it even more invisible! 🤤

But this is amazing, I absolutely love it!

Thanks schg, I agree with you on trying to hide as much equipment as possible, especially in a nano tank. I just couldn't get around (or think of anything) to hide the overflow with the way I have it plumbed. I tried going with just a low profile strainer in place of the overflow box, but it just didn't work out.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, schg said:

Looks gorgeous! Amazing job. Which are the blue and red Zoas toward the middle?

Thanks, those are the "spiderman zoas".

I love the color on them.

• 1 month later...

I noticed all this new growth on my Derasa clam tonight. This represents 3 months growth since I received it. I thought it was pretty impressive:

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/4NkWr8Vk/20221018-220029.jpg[/img][/url]

3 minutes ago, tmc1313 said:

I noticed all this new growth on my Derasa clam tonight. This represents 3 months growth since I received it. I thought it was pretty impressive:

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/4NkWr8Vk/20221018-220029.jpg[/img][/url]

You know you can add pics direct from your phone now, no hosting service needed. Just tap that “add files”

On 10/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, Zuma said:

So nice, excellent reef!

Curious if that's a Fiji overflow?

Thank you Zuma! Yes, that is a fiji overflow. For aesthetic reasons I just painted the outside of it so I would never be able to see all the muck that it collects and grows looking at it from the outside. 

Shot a quick video after doing a re-scape today. I really needed to cut back on a few corals that are out pacing some of the slower growers to give them a chance to establish themselves. Chopped the monti digi almost completely and just left a little piece for myself. Also, cut up a lot of the Copps pocci and took some off the Crayola plana.

• Like 4
On 10/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, joshthebox said:

Absolutely insane! The plana and the scolys are beautiful, and the shimmer from the lighting is gorgeous. Love the closed loop design👍 Bravo 

Thanks Josh, So far the closed loop has been working out well. If I was to to do it over, I would probably have moved the outlets closer to the outside edges of the tank, just to make it easier for scaping.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Took this photo from "tip to toe". Check out the sump. It really is it's own little eco-system at this point. There are so many sponges, brittle stars, tube worms, asterina starfish, copepods, and amphipods growing down there it's like I have two tanks in one. I was going to clean it out and then decided to just leave it. I actually think it helps stabilize everything. Anyone else have a "dirty" sump?

image.thumb.jpeg.071f106e8d45428ac578e75af33a2b15.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 3:54 PM, The Rainy Day Aquarium said:

Really a sharp looking setup.

I like how you added lighting in the stand, makes it easier for maintenance and to see all of those neat critters in the sump.

Thanks Rainy Day,

yeah, I'm surprised at what I find down there and that it can all live in the dark.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Left work early today to take care of some tank stuff. Specifically, took out four lps pieces (favia and pectinia). Grossly underestimated the sweeper tentacles on these babies as they started to grow out. Just ridiculous and about impossible to keep away from other corals from sustaining collateral damage in such a small space. Here's an example of my poor Cyphastrea who was just minding its own business (hope it heals). Anyway not a happy update, but update nonetheless.

20230222_151153.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1