ReefCleaners.org

Mr. Aqua 22 gallon (closed loop for flow)

tmc1313

47 minutes ago, tmc1313 said:

Not really anything new. Just wanted to show a better photo of my floating shelf / light rack. You couldn't make it out that well with the room lights out.

20210221_154608.jpg

20210221_155124.jpg

How do you have the lighting wiring hidden and where is that track from? Super nice setup btw.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoops718 said:

How do you have the lighting wiring hidden and where is that track from? Super nice setup btw.

Hi, thanks. There is a coat closet on the other side of the wall. I drilled a small (1") hole in the wall and ran the wires through, then just connected them to their power supplies that are located on a shelf in the closet. The light track was from home depot.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, awakedॢ said:

I just covet the stand! 😍

Thank you! Yes, the stand fits with the tank nicely. I was lucky to find it, it worked out well.

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

Latest update.....everything is starting to fill in pretty quickly. I've moved some things around, but other than that just regular maintenance and watching things grow.

20210601_192241.jpg

Fox Flame FINALLY starting to color up after being a dull turd for months.

20210601_192303.jpg

20210601_192314.jpg

20210601_192323.jpg

20210601_192346.jpg

20210601_192352.jpg

20210601_192433.jpg

20210601_192447.jpg

20210601_192508.jpg

20210601_192521.jpg

20210601_192537.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow 2

This tank is gorgeous! Some of those colors are absolutely vivid! What’s the spectrum like on your Primes? More blue or more white? 

Just now, Zer0 said:

This tank is gorgeous! Some of those colors are absolutely vivid! What’s the spectrum like on your Primes? More blue or more white? 

Thank you Zero!

Definitely more blues, but not overly blue. Here is my schedule:

Screenshot_20210328-211721_myAI.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I run about 50% across the board except for red and green at 20%. Though my light is much closer to the water surface so I have to keep things lowered. 

• 7 months later...

Hi all, I haven't posted in quite a while, but wanted to give an update. Over the past few months things have been going pretty well for the most part. At one point I had 30+ frags crammed into this little tank, which at first didn't seem too bad until the growth started. Since that time I've culled and sold off a few pieces myself and I lost about 5 pieces due to a nutrient crash. As of now I've gotten myself down to 19 pieces (still a lot), so we'll see how it goes. For some reason my camera isn't picking up the colors of the large table colony of Crayola Plana that's sitting left of center, but it really is beautiful with shades of turquoise and nice purple tips. At some point I'll get a top down shot of it. Maybe it will show better that way. Here are a few FTS I took tonight. Thanks for looking
20220105_181356.jpg

20220105_181423.jpg

20220105_181458.jpg

20220105_181551.jpg

20220105_181608.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow 1
On 1/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, MaddyP said:

Beautiful setup!  I did something similar with the same goal of minimizing visible plumbing.  🙂

Thanks MaddyP,  I've seen your build thread and it came out great. Really nice job. I saw you finally got some life put into that tank. It's been a long time coming. I'll be following along to see how it progresses.

• Like 1

Update:
A few weeks ago I came home from work to find my OM flow diverter was no longer diverting flow. I took the unit apart and found the drum that spins and switches the flow back and forth had sheared off into two pieces. I quickly ordered a new drum and meanwhile made a quick "bush fix" and put it back together with super glue thinking it might hold until I received the new part. Well, it worked until I got home from work last night and had flow on only one side. The glue couldn't hold any longer. I knew this was only a temporary fix anyway, but I still haven't gotten the new drum (close to a month now). So going forward my plan is to completely remove the OM diverter and in it's place install an Ecotech Vectra S2 DC pump. I think this will work even better for this tank and free up space and less equipment under the stand. It's already been ordered and should be here in a couple days. I'll only have to tweak the plumbing slightly to get it plumbed in. I'll show some new photos once it's all in.
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2Fnz5gH4RK%2Foceans-motions-LI.jpg&hash=552c5ddb97f49fbac80efb82b24575dc

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, tmc1313 said:

Update:
A few weeks ago I came home from work to find my OM flow diverter was no longer diverting flow. I took the unit apart and found the drum that spins and switches the flow back and forth had sheared off into two pieces. I quickly ordered a new drum and meanwhile made a quick "bush fix" and put it back together with super glue thinking it might hold until I received the new part. Well, it worked until I got home from work last night and had flow on only one side. The glue couldn't hold any longer. I knew this was only a temporary fix anyway, but I still haven't gotten the new drum (close to a month now). So going forward my plan is to completely remove the OM diverter and in it's place install an Ecotech Vectra S2 DC pump. I think this will work even better for this tank and free up space and less equipment under the stand. It's already been ordered and should be here in a couple days. I'll only have to tweak the plumbing slightly to get it plumbed in. I'll show some new photos once it's all in.
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2Fnz5gH4RK%2Foceans-motions-LI.jpg&hash=552c5ddb97f49fbac80efb82b24575dc

you should check out this closed loop on Vivid (VCA) show tank, it kinda reminds me of your setup  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tmc1313 said:

Update:

Super glue + baking soda, it'll add mass and look a bit ugly, but it'll be strong enough to hold until the drum arrives.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Super glue + baking soda, it'll add mass and look a bit ugly, but it'll be strong enough to hold until the drum arrives.

Thanks, never heard about the baking soda part before. I already glued it again and put it back together. Hoping it will last for a couple more days. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I plumbed this in a few weeks ago, but never posted a photo of the new configuration with the Vectra S2. I think it's working great as a closed loop pump and have no complaints. I'm using it in reef crest mode at 100% ramping up and down from both outlets simultaneously. The only difference between the Vectra and the OM diverter is that the Vectra is not switching back and forth. I think I like it better this way. 

plumbing photo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • 3 months later...

Latest update: some changes, but nothing major. Got rid of some of my fast growing SPS, lost a few pieces here and there for unknown reasons. My best guess would be some type of bacterial infection, but who knows. Been on an LPS kick lately with after lights out late night feedings of anything with feeder tentacles out. Other than that, enjoying my favorite season SUMMER. Hope everyone is enjoying it to. IMO, Doesn't last long enough here in Connecticut, I'm sure some would disagree, but i love it. Anyway, a few new pics.

20220804_201439.jpg

20220804_201652.jpg

20220804_201642.jpg

20220804_201519.jpg

20220804_201457.jpg

• Like 4