inTank Media Baskets

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2 - 4/30 top-down pics

mitten_reef

mitten_reef
7 hours ago, ajmckay said:

One image after the chalice on the tile, on the egg crate. 

I'm about to swap tanks also so taking some time to read up on various tank threads.  Definitely inspirational 🙂

Oh, that’d be the jawbreaker mushrooms. Mine don’t have much of color streaks to them - a little red is coming in here and there, but the bright orange-gold is fine with me. 

5 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Nice top downs! You've got some real beauts in there.  How's the new tank coming along? Is there a thread I need to be aware of? 😅

Still in the garage. A lot of travel lately. I think this wknd I plan to move it into the basement. 

• Like 3
mitten_reef

Tank and stand finally made it to our basement this wknd, plenty of thanks to my wife.  we did this on mother's day of all days, but really, she just wants her garage space back, 😂

that corner of the room is terribly uneven - if you look carefully it takes 3 layers of vinyl plank to raise the back of the stand to make it level.  need a different permanent solution, we're probably gonna screw a strip of 1/2" (or whatever the 3 layers of vinyl plank measured out to be) plywood all across the bottom in the back.  Otherwise, it actually looks pretty good in that corner.  we also tried centering on the back wall but didn't like it as much.  that backwall also presented a diff kind of uneven-floor challenge. #oldhouseproblem

IMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.57adbe06389ef720960a65148784c223.jpeg

• Like 5
Airedale.Reef

It looks like you made significant progress this weekend! The tank looks like it fits in that space very well. I didn't even notice the vinyl plank until you mentioned it. Another permanent solution could be adjustable leveling feet.  I am sure you could find something heavy duty on amazon or your local hardware store that could support the heavy load. 

• Thanks 1
On 9/6/2023 at 11:09 PM, mitten_reef said:

It isn’t all bad news. The rest of the tank has been looking pretty good, 🤞 

The goni’s have pretty good colors on them, just not much extension.  The clowns loving on them probably doesn’t help. 

IMG_0753.thumb.jpeg.478c66a2ada9bf6b5a9de7e72a4cadcb.jpeg

the acros grow out zone

IMG_0751.thumb.jpeg.b3634bb5353d37f32ae4a32cc6d04c28.jpeg

the right side of the tank, mainly trying to show the OG Oregon Tort on the top of the rock branch 

IMG_0752.thumb.jpeg.e53b157eee933092b25c86ad65928881.jpeg

and the closeup of the clams and torch

IMG_0750.thumb.jpeg.3aef951a6c760525c096ead57c592dc6.jpeg

I love those clams. Can't wait to have one in my tank some day.

14 hours ago, Coolbreeze said:

I love those clams. Can't wait to have one in my tank some day.

Clams are neat....thanks for quoting that post, cuz these derasa clams have grown significantly since those pics.  I know they grew, but these pics really gave me some sense of how much growth!

On 5/13/2024 at 3:40 PM, Airedale.Reef said:

It looks like you made significant progress this weekend! The tank looks like it fits in that space very well. I didn't even notice the vinyl plank until you mentioned it. Another permanent solution could be adjustable leveling feet.  I am sure you could find something heavy duty on amazon or your local hardware store that could support the heavy load. 

not gonna lie, those are too much effort for me...I'm just gonna screw on a strip of plywood or hardwood with same thickness to the bottom of the cabinet and called it the day.  

On 5/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, TheKleinReef said:

you could just put a small piece of quarter round to hide that gap between the floor and stand

this is not a bad idea.  wifey wants the stand wrapped in some white beadboard, or something smooth.  yeah, they'll def be completely diff vibes.  But a little base trim will be a nice touch after finish that extra layer of skin.

Acros may get all the love around here, but this guy is just as needy if not needier. 

sun corals require feeding almost daily, daily preferred, with meaty food. This had been fed at least every second day for the past weeks, and its happiness is beginning to show. 

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.35aae36d85e0382b51d655dc4a08dba1.jpeg

• Like 7
10 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Acros may get all the love around here, but this guy is just as needy if not needier. 

sun corals require feeding almost daily, daily preferred, with meaty food. This had been fed at least every second day for the past weeks, and its happiness is beginning to show. 

IMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.35aae36d85e0382b51d655dc4a08dba1.jpeg

They look great!!  I used to have a nice little colony on dendro's way back when..One of my favorites:)

• Like 1