inTank Media Baskets

20 long! - 365 day challenge

Hansentyspy

Hansentyspy
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I am not saying you have to move that toadstool. Mine looks like that every now and then. Mine looked great on the sand bed it was loose with it's foot in the sand and dropped a couple babies pretty quick. Those are in a little pico and doing great. Later I attached it to a rock and moved it to the middle of the tank. It took awhile for it to look good again. Eventually it looked good and again dropped a couple babies also attached to the rock but have been shadowed by other coral. I turned the rock so the toadstool is touching the sand and once again it pretty quickly dropped a couple babies that are now larger than ping pong balls. But some times the parent looks like yours still. I guess mine pops out more babies when touching sand or planted in it.

Oh really?? Hmmm if he still is acting shy after the time that an average shedding period takes, I'll move him to the Sand bed! Thank you!

Hansentyspy
4 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

glad to see the toad stool doing great, looks SOOOO much better.

yup I agree LPS corals are amazing!  

Seriously me too!!! I was worried about him. He's being a weirdo though and pointing completely to the right. Not up towards the light. He's fully extended though, just to the right.. is that...normal? Or should I try a different spot haha

Just now, debbeach13 said:

Every thing is looking good. Tomorrow sounds like a big day.

Oh it is I'm so so so excited! I'm going to water change because my nitrates looked a tad high, then it'll be ready for them! I'm beyond excited 😁😁😁

• Like 1
Hansentyspy
23 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Those clown look awesome. Your tank is doing great.

Thank you!! They're starting to get more comfortable and getting away from that corner every once in a while. I'm starting to get a big hair algae accumulation. My hermit crabs are being no help lol..

I usually remove as much as possible. Snails and crabs usually only help when the algae is short. Clowns are funny some don’t swim around much but dome do. Over the years I have both. I think tank size and tank mates matter.

• Like 3
Hansentyspy

Forgot to mention I also bought an rodi system that'll be here in a week or so! No more looking like a weirdo, buying out targets supply of water 😂 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...