Coral Vue Hydros

Spec 3 Pico Reef

tanacharison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
tanacharison

Tank is doing really well.. Seeing a few new zoa heads a week and some growth on the favia, monti and chalice. I've only done 2-3 water changes so far and I'm thinking once a month will be fine. I have some coralline algae growing on mangroves inside the display as well. The best part so far is my natural refugium in the back. I added a custom egg crate basket to let the mangroves grow on with a small powerhead under it to prevent anything from settling. I can pull out the basket and remove any algae growth as needed. 

I've dosed .01ml of redsea AB+ everyday and brightwells phyto red, green and coral snow once a week target feeding. Tested nitrates today after 3 weeks no water changes and it's almost unmeasurable. 

49948481601_6b4d763ae2_k.jpg

49948483196_2f6ae2fd0f_k.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tanacharison
20 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I hope you can find what your looking for. Are you thinking LFS or online?

Not sure. I did find one new favia for the tank last time I was at the LFS for food. Seems lilke they didnt have much. 

tanacharison
On 8/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, debbeach13 said:

I think livestock shipments are very iffy right now. I am lucky there is a LFS and an on line vender near me that aquaculture corals. But I still suffer from sticker shock on some pieces.

Yeah I'm mad because this is turning into one of my favorite tanks I kept but I'm too cheap to spend a ton a frags. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Legendary Corals
On 8/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, tanacharison said:

I'll update my Aug photo tonight but I finally got some🔥for this tank during this weekends @Legendary Corals update. 

Screenshot_20200831-161258.png

Thanks for the support Al! Let me know how they all come in tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...