tanacharison

Spec 3 Pico Reef

tanacharison
On 12/9/2020 at 5:12 PM, kingofphinland said:

Beautiful tank! How did you get the rock attached to the back to create the floating effect? 

It was not too hard. I placed the tank overflow down while emptied and moved the rock where I wanted it. Added some frag glue first to hold it in a few different spots then used epoxy between the rock and backwall until it was solid against it.  

• Thanks 1

tanacharison
PXL_20210105_203928632

debbeach13

No text again. Geez. Are you running any media in the filter? Are you still using the PAR 38 bulb? Did all the mangrove make it? What's the little bowl looking thing in the lower right hand corner? is it full of coral? Close up please. Happy New Year.

• Haha 2

ajmckay

Nice Spec 3!!   I miss mine but I don't think I'll be setting it up again anytime soon though because I'm in the process (for like a year) setting up a FW planted tank.  I have pretty much everything but the livestock.  The trouble is it's too cold now to order stuff IMO and not much good FW stuff by me for the style I'm going for. 

• Like 1

tanacharison
13 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

No text again. Geez. Are you running any media in the filter? Are you still using the PAR 38 bulb? Did all the mangrove make it? What's the little bowl looking thing in the lower right hand corner? is it full of coral? Close up please. Happy New Year.

That is the par 38 bulb reflection. Sorry I do not really post much on the tank. I have kept this tank on the backburner trying to consistently troubleshoot by other one. I don't think I ever posted enough to still participate in the contest but I'm happy to keep this going on into next year. Everything grows at a slower pace and this thing is impossible to photograph with the light. I do run filter media now, some carbon and floss above it to prevent it from clogging up fast. Tank turns a weird yellow after 3 weeks without. I tried to change out the powerhead a few times, but I ever liked anything, so I kept the flow to just the return pump but that’s not enough to pull waste into the overflow. I removed sand about 3 weeks ago after noticing a waste cloud coming from it when disturbed. Caught a nasty bacterial/algae growth and added a few emerald crabs that cleaned it up quick. Mangroves look great. 

• Like 1