Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano-Reef.com 18th Birthday! T-Shirt & Sticker Giveaway 🎉

Christopher Marks

Happy Birthday Nano-Reef!❤️

I am just over a year into the hobby, but used to spend hours upon hours scouring the forums in 2004. It helped me to escape from an abusive relationship and kept me sane.

Thank you for inspiring me @Tigahboy. Your 30 gallon with gravity fed sump was my favorite thread!

• Like 10

Congratulations on 18 years. I've been here a decade this month :happydance:  Look forward to what the future brings here on Nano Reef!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Polarcollision
1 hour ago, Lawnman said:

Congratulations on 18 years. I've been here a decade this month :happydance:  Look forward to what the future brings here on Nano Reef!!!

I think you might have the highest post count—or—thread with the most replies. 

• Like 1

Here is the photo of my first nano-reef that was set up in 2004 and traveled with me for multiple years.  It lead to the first 12long upgrade.

hY7LS.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Congrats Christopher on such a great accomplishment!! This is always the forum I come back to :flower: 

Here is a pic of my favorite of all the tanks I set up...My 40g long Welcome to The Jungle Macroalgaes tank :happy:

To many more years and new friends on nano-reef!

macro.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, got2envy said:

Congrats Christopher on such a great accomplishment!! This is always the forum I come back to :flower: 

Here is a pic of my favorite of all the tanks I set up...My 40g long Welcome to The Jungle Macroalgaes tank :happy:

To many more years and new friends on nano-reef!

macro.jpg

Got2 envy,  That is a beautiful macro tank.  If I could grow macro like that I would love it in my display tank.  I have algae and a little macro in my fuge I need to read your thread and learn.

• Like 3

Wow...18 years already!  It seems like only a few years ago I found this place and realized I wasn't the only crazy person trying to keep a mini-reef in a 5.5 gallon tank! 🙂

Congrats Christopher and everyone else for keeping this thing going! 🙂

I've moved several times since I joined way back when, trying to keep a nano here and there when I could, but I always enjoyed being able to come on here when I get the urge to see what people are up to, how far the hobby has progressed, and live vicariously through the journals here.  Thanks everyone for keeping their tanks going even when I couldn't! 🙂

• Like 5

Here is Orion the mantis shrimp he came with my first coral, yellow polyps. He was exciting to find as a hitch hiker. 

This is site has been invaluable, I remember when I was in HS any chance I could I get on a computer I spent all of my time on nano reef. 

I have lots of plans for my current tanks. Here are a few pics of what’s to come. Once every thing is out of qt I’ll post pics and details of my tanks. 

96CB52C0-548D-4562-B30C-1F2E7D1DD1FF.jpeg

5CFCC03E-DCAF-4D2D-9ACE-47C854B68280.jpeg

CEC97849-3932-4F07-BB36-DC5548036FAD.png

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
anniebanana267

congrats on 18 years!

my favorite memory here is the first time i posted, i received so many replies and help, i felt the first true feeling of a community i’d ever felt before. i’m so appreciative of everyone here 🙂 i also love seeing all the amazing aquascapes and borrowing ideas 😉 

• Like 5
nanowavenic

Happy birthday!! 

This website led to the purchase of my Cadlights 22g that has been with me through 5 moves now, and is slowly building back up for hopefully it’s final move! I always come on here for inspiration! 

• Like 4

This forum is mortivatung so many aquarist to come to saltwater hobby.

i was too started reading threads of this forum and started my hobby exactly year ago.

i am also making a new nano setup and will share the journey here for sure.

• Like 5

Happy bday nanoreef, I’ve been a member now for 10 years, but rarely posted mostly just lurked and read stuff and learned. I’ve always loved this forum for the friendly people, unlike some other reef forums, and pushing the boundaries of what we can do with tiny reef tanks, but still taking into consideration the animals we keep in them. I’ve actually kept a fowlr pico before I ever knew what a pico or this forum were. It was a eclipse 2.5 gallon from Walmart with no light, then a 6 gallon eclipse. I kept a single clown in there for a year or 2 and he rode in the front seat of my Jeep when I moved from Michigan To New Jersey and then back, then I bought a used 24 gallon aquapod and joined this website. After my fish died of old age I sold my tank and moved out here to Arizona 

heres the first aquapod and Biggs the clown. 

362984502.jpg

heres the eclipse 6

355599534.jpg

heres bonnie and Clyde in my 29 biocube softie tank now

414206291.jpg

• Like 4
sam_the_reefer

spacer.png

Day 1, setting up my first and only saltwater tank after binge-reading all the TOTMs on this site. 🙂

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

So many awesome memories! Thank you all for being a part of this crazy place! ❤️ 

On 5/6/2019 at 8:47 PM, ef4life said:

heres the eclipse 6

355599534.jpg

My first aquarium was a 20 gallon freshwater tank with an Eclipse hood on top, I signed my life over to extra chores for it when I was 10! A couple years later when this 6 gallon Eclipse tank came out I had to have it! I kept freshwater and brackish fish in it over a few years, it was a big inspiration for my first nano reef, after people told me it couldn't be done 😄.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:01 AM, xellos88 said:

spacer.png

Day 1, setting up my first and only saltwater tank after binge-reading all the TOTMs on this site. 🙂

Amazing how far it has come! ❤️ 

• Like 7
TatorTaco

Congrats to 18 years!  This website has been my one and only resource for all reef related information, and gave me the courage to introduce myself into this awesome hobby and community.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Congrats to 18 years!  This website has been my one and only resource for all reef related information, and gave me the courage to introduce myself into this awesome hobby and community.  

Mmm...potato tacos.... 😋

• Haha 1

Happy 18! 

I have had many size tanks in my 15 years of reefing but always drawn back to the nano size tanks. I have learned so much from this forum. Here is to 18 and many more great years of nano-reef! 

C8341CFD-ECC1-4F9F-9DF8-A63ED54A4416.jpeg

• Like 5
pappadumplingz

Been a while since I've posted on here, life's gotten real busy, but its great to see the community thriving much better than when I left it. Probably will get stuck back into it and start a new thread, since I've got a tank cooking, so it'll be great to catch up with all the stuff going on. Happy 18th NR!

• Like 3

Happy 18th Birthday

I wasn't really going to post, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt.

My favourite memory was spending hours upon hours pouring through this website at university, mainly looking at pictures of beautiful coral, but also planning my 35 litre tank that I was going to build on the tiniest of budgets. That never happened though, and the tank sat outside for close to five years until I gifted it to a friend for her Siamese Fighter.

I just remember getting odd looks from people in my class, mainly because the topic matter was so far removed from what we were studying at the time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic