SaltCritters.com

Kimber's Contest Pico - The End of Bad Crab

kimberbee

2 minutes ago, asting said:

That nem and a mantis are a perfect match. Maybe add some aiptasia?

If only I could find majano. I'd be all up on that. 

• Like 1

My itty bitty tank finally arrived!!

AND, PLUS, ALSO... Liam took a 2 hour nap this afternoon which gave me time to unbox, set up, take some photos, and get it leak testing! I also did all this while filming, so I was able to put together a kickoff video!! 

As you can see, @Marine Depot sends their tanks boxed and padded really well. I've ordered a few tanks from them over the years and have never had a problem, despite UPS' enjoyment of throwing boxes around. 

Below are my official "empty tank snack shots" for the kickoff. 

1370233984_20190401_1246191.thumb.jpg.e2708ff128fbac1d7557ebf6628ecbab.jpg

358565754_20190401_1246421.thumb.jpg.a31ec95c87a8a8f5bab4258c125bb7a9.jpg

Did I mention Liam napped for TWO HOURS?!? What does a stay-at-home-mom do when her kid is napping and she's excited about the pico contest? 

PICO TANK PHOTO SHOOT!! 

IMG_7845.thumb.JPG.209b53141257afebfa4a0a8ce2b2d0ea.JPG

IMG_7847.thumb.JPG.003a4c35577695ce87deacfa67595ac3.JPG

IMG_7849.thumb.JPG.33f62c7c56fc4f1b349d6a516f0b8394.JPG

That's all Folks!

• Like 9
  • Haha 6
11 minutes ago, Wingy said:

What does a single mom do while a little naps for 2 hours?  Lay down for a nap too.  😀

Well Kimber isnt single though..............but am sure she could use a nap................

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Wingy said:

What does a single mom do while a little naps for 2 hours?  Lay down for a nap too.  😀

I'm a single parent, this is TRUTH!

• Wow 1
On 3/31/2019 at 7:12 AM, GraniteReefer said:

A Curlique anemone rode in on my KP Aquatics liverock as a hitchhiker.  It grows to fill 1/4 of my IM10 when I feed it.  I’ve had it in the free section on my local forum for months with no takers.  If you go this route I would seriously pay to ship this thing to you.  At this point I just feel bad for it and keep it alive as it’s my responsibility until I pawn it off.  I’m not sure you want one of these!  It will fill that tank and kill every coral it pleases to.  It is absurdly hardy and easy to keep though, this picture is from it’s  biggest when I fed it heavily for fun.  5A75EB13-4D9D-4B5D-8E9F-B44090397163.jpeg.a9652ff775e0945b7a6e72e06c49f1f8.jpeg

That's so pretty.

Nice rimless. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Wingy said:

I'm lucky that my baby started sleeping through the night around 4 months old. He sleeps about 9 hours overnight now! :happydance:

• Like 3

I am not a single mom. Nor a mom, but i got equally excited when our little one slept through the night. Now she is 4, and is cranky like her mommy in the am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
16 hours ago, kimberbee said:

My itty bitty tank finally arrived!!

AND, PLUS, ALSO... Liam took a 2 hour nap this afternoon which gave me time to unbox, set up, take some photos, and get it leak testing! I also did all this while filming, so I was able to put together a kickoff video!! 

As you can see, @Marine Depot sends their tanks boxed and padded really well. I've ordered a few tanks from them over the years and have never had a problem, despite UPS' enjoyment of throwing boxes around. 

Below are my official "empty tank snack shots" for the kickoff. 

1370233984_20190401_1246191.thumb.jpg.e2708ff128fbac1d7557ebf6628ecbab.jpg

358565754_20190401_1246421.thumb.jpg.a31ec95c87a8a8f5bab4258c125bb7a9.jpg

Did I mention Liam napped for TWO HOURS?!? What does a stay-at-home-mom do when her kid is napping and she's excited about the pico contest? 

PICO TANK PHOTO SHOOT!! 

IMG_7845.thumb.JPG.209b53141257afebfa4a0a8ce2b2d0ea.JPG

IMG_7847.thumb.JPG.003a4c35577695ce87deacfa67595ac3.JPG

IMG_7849.thumb.JPG.33f62c7c56fc4f1b349d6a516f0b8394.JPG

That's all Folks!

Great pics!! Love the way the light hits the pop tarts:happydance:. Also one of the best pop tarts Strawberry yum, now I'm hungry

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Beautiful tank kimber.  I like where you are placing it too.  It will be nice to enjoy while doing kitchen work.

Ah, but that's actually one of my dilemmas:

Because the tank is so close to the kitchen sink, it will get splash marks from doing dishes and such. I already experienced this when I almost set up a Janky Tank© earlier this year. Its gets streaky very fast - between bottles and dishes that aren't dishwasher safe, I do about 2-3 sink-fulls of washing a day. 

While it would be nice to look at while *in* the kitchen, I am considering putting some frosted film on the back of the tank. This will hide pesky drips for the most part. 

Our kitchen table is just below the tank in the pictures, so I would be able to gaze upon it while enjoying breakfast. Lunch happens on the couch and dinner in the dining room... 

• Like 4
On 4/2/2019 at 1:39 PM, kimberbee said:

I am considering putting some frosted film on the back of the tank.

Being located in the kitchen, I sure that you can find some frosting for it. :wink::lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
StinkyBunny

I would get something to cover it too so you don't get a soap splash in there. I think I have a fix for the intake. You're going to have to cut out what you want on the lower section and use a piece of flexible hose to reattach it. You're right, you can only cut out 1" at the top, the rest will have to come out of the bottom. I just took Bob's intake off to see what could be done and that's the only way I can see it being shortened up enough to work.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

I would get something to cover it too so you don't get a soap splash in there. I think I have a fix for the intake. You're going to have to cut out what you want on the lower section and use a piece of flexible hose to reattach it. You're right, you can only cut out 1" at the top, the rest will have to come out of the bottom. I just took Bob's intake off to see what could be done and that's the only way I can see it being shortened up enough to work.

image.png.c2f61d5055e34d68b760c1bf537ef104.png

I think you have an AC, right? see this photo. I just sleeved my filter internally. if i cut straighter with my dremel it would have looked much cleaner.

• Like 3