Pod Your Reef

DNR88 31 gallon OptiWhite, first (attempt on) macro-shots..!

DNR88

On 10/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

In the end I decided that with this tank, I should end up with a two-island reefscape. I got some really good inspiration from my new favorite search on Google, 'bonsai penjing':

Chinese-Penjing-Its-Influences-to-Japane

71560579-bonsai-and-penjing-with-miniatu

10-super-mini-bonsai.jpg

So I changed it (again) and for now I hope this will last for the next weeks/months/years..? 😅

IMGP7262.JPG

I love the first two inspirations with the curve overhangs. 

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

I love the first two inspirations with the curve overhangs. 

Yes, those overhangs are very nice. With some glue/kit/clay you should be able to do that with rocks in a reef tank as well. 🙂

• Like 1

First of all good news, the scape is still intact and the fish seems to like it as much as I do! 🙂

Now I want to know your opinion whether to keep it bare bottom or to put some sand in there..?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

First of all good news, the scape is still intact and the fish seems to like it as much as I do! 🙂

Now I want to know your opinion whether to keep it bare bottom or to put some sand in there..?

My pico is my first bare bottom tank and I love it!  IT is so much easier to clean.  You just need to look at a lot of tanks and see what appeals to you.  Sometimes livestock will need sand to be healthy.  My vote would be to run it bare bottom for a few months and see if you like it, if not you can always add sand later.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, kimdawg said:

My pico is my first bare bottom tank and I love it!  IT is so much easier to clean.  You just need to look at a lot of tanks and see what appeals to you.  Sometimes livestock will need sand to be healthy.  My vote would be to run it bare bottom for a few months and see if you like it, if not you can always add sand later.

Thanks, I don´t have livestock who need a sandbed and I fully agree, bare bottom is much easier to clean and maintain.

I probably keep it this way for the next weeks/months and will see what comes in mind furthermore. 🙂

• Like 3

So, as promised, my first attempt on macro photography and it's not easy! After about 90 shots, only a handfull are usable. So I need a lot of practice, but that's oké.

First examples:

IMGP7332.JPG

IMGP7355.JPG

IMGP7385.JPG

• Like 4