ReefCleaners.org

Backstory:

So I started my first reef tank in July 2017 with an EVO12. On January 31, 2019 I switched over to an Innovative Marine Fusion 20 gallon. I found the deal on CL (came with a stand, skimmer, reactor, ATO and a bunch of miscellaneous reef stuff). This thing cost me what I would ONLY pay for the tank itself. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Since then, I've added a few new zoanthids, leathers, and a piece of SPS.

I'm also pretty sure I'm going to order a dosing unit so I can cut down on water changes and just dose to maintain Alk/Mag/Ca and give the corals more stability. Through testing I notice that my Alk decreases to a really low number over the span of just 1.5 weeks. I want to also get into more LPS so dosing will be necessary to maintain stability. I'm debating between BRS and B-Ionic.

Breakdown:

Tank: IM Fusion 20 gallon

ATO: XP Aqua Duetto

Light: AI Prime HD

Skimmer: Reef Glass Nano

Wavemaker: Aqamai KPS

Doser: TBD

Live stock:

CORALS:

montipora setosa

green digitata

pocillopora

green star polyps

duncan

hammer

toadstool leather

green nepthea

red goniopora

ricordea

red mushrooms

Candy Cane

Zoas and palys: Utter Chaos, Banana Munchers, Laser Lemons, Purple Hearts, Rainbow Incinerator

FISH:

frostbite clown

misbar clown

six line wrasse

INVERTS:

Nassarius Snail

margarita snail

astrea snail

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

scarlet hermit crab

2019-01-30 22.58.38.jpg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

Backstory:

So I started my first reef tank in July 2017 with an EVO12. On January 31, 2019 I switched over to an Innovative Marine Fusion 20 gallon. I found the deal on CL (came with a stand, skimmer, reactor, ATO and a bunch of miscellaneous reef stuff). This thing cost me what I would ONLY pay for the tank itself. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Since then, I've added a few new zoanthids, leathers, and a piece of SPS.

I'm also pretty sure I'm going to order a dosing unit so I can cut down on water changes and just dose to maintain Alk/Mag/Ca and give the corals more stability. Through testing I notice that my Alk decreases to a really low number over the span of just 1.5 weeks. I want to also get into more LPS so dosing will be necessary to maintain stability. I'm debating between BRS and B-Ionic.

Breakdown:

Tank: IM Fusion 20 gallon

ATO: XP Aqua Duetto

Light: AI Prime HD

Skimmer: Reef Glass Nano

Wavemaker: Aqamai KPS

Doser: TBD

Live stock:

CORALS:

montipora setosa

green digitata

pocillopora

green star polyps

duncan

hammer

toadstool leather

green nepthea

red goniopora

ricordea

red mushrooms

Candy Cane

Zoas and palys: Utter Chaos, Banana Munchers, Laser Lemons, Purple Hearts, Rainbow Incinerator

FISH:

frostbite clown

misbar clown

six line wrasse

INVERTS:

Nassarius Snail

margarita snail

astrea snail

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

scarlet hermit crab

2019-01-30 22.58.38.jpg

I like the gsp mountain. 😊

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I like the gsp mountain. 😊

Thanks. It's a pain in the A**. I was warned about letting GSP get out of control. That piece of rock is my entire rockscape from the previous tank and GSP took it over in about 1 year I believe.

• Like 1

When dosing, do I shoot to match the Alk/Ca of my tank water or salt mix?

I have a 20 gallon. Salt mix Alk was 13 but my tank water was 8.3-8.5 somewhere in that range. Before water change my Alk was around 7 (possibly 6.7).

On 2/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, St3 said:

How much are these frags and are they aggressive towards other corals, are you from th uk 

I'm in the U.S. I keep coral species within enough space from each other that I don't see them damaging each other. I had a torch in the past that would sting mushrooms once in a while.