Pod Your Reef

First Time Reefer - Mini Complete Tank

Arquisto

8 hours ago, Jon-Paul said:

Lol I saw this at fragbox and commented how I saw this on forums to them. So jokes

Ha, I was wondering if any of their customers would see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this tank has been a pleasure, the life teeming within the sand bed and live rock is just crazy. It seems I definitely have a couple of Gammarus amphipods running around caught them when the lights were out. In addition I caught what I believe is a peanut worm lurking around eating detritus. Luckily I have a red tiny led light and since most marine creatures don't see red light I've been using it to spy on the tank at night without alarming any of them. It's also been great seeing the smaller critters dig tunnels everywhere, almost like a marine ant farm.

Sadly the Palythoas are melting away but I'll take that as all the zoas are doing well. The bubble gum zoa's at the top of the rock has started growing another head and the scrambled eggs in the corner are maintaining a healthy look. I was afraid that the ricordea wasn't doing too well because I caught it throwing up some brown gunk and in order to do that it had shrunk to expel it. But a day afterwards it looked better and has gotten even bigger, photos included.

Another good news story the discosoma mushroom that originally came on the live rock has moved to the front of the tank. Originally i was conflicted because the hardscape looked great how i set it up but the discosoma mushroom was facing the back of the tank. I even contemplated cutting it and moving it but hoped maybe it would move forward on its own. I think placing the tank near a sunlit window during the last 2 weeks really encouraged it.

Here's the tank today, that big dark black blob in below the arch is the mushroom moving from the bank to the front.

IMG_0131.thumb.JPG.5fe9e32807b611dd2c71d2da22662a7f.JPG

Ricordea expelling brown gunk and all contracted - post contraction

IMG_0122.thumb.JPG.fa20ea8f28c6a6399fe2f165d0ac64a8.JPGIMG_0142.thumb.JPG.fa37649531f76afa95b02d840a7703c4.JPG

Bubble gum Zoa & Random Zoa that's doing well and came on the same rock as the Palys.

IMG_0148.thumb.JPG.4db2651555c6eec502865af6f38b4dc8.JPGIMG_0152.thumb.JPG.8d58e3a41d4c425ab6414848ec325737.JPG

Will post more once i figure out how to get some of my 100mb+ videos into GIFs.

• Like 7
37 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Did you change out your light?

Nope still using the stock. That puck light you see is the led that can change colors so I use it for photos and for the night spying. Bought it online as a selfie light, but using it for Pico tank photos.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, NuisanceAlgaeCultivator said:

That last Zoa picture looks like a solar system, amazing.

Thanks Nuisance I thought so as well! Glad it's doing really well too.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
LarrySpice

Hey, this forum is super old and comment above beat me too it, but I need a replacement heater for mine as well. Not sure what to go with so was wondering if any of you got recommendations. Thanks a ton