Cultivated Reef

MrObscura's Nuvo 10... still reefing.

MrObscura

8 hours ago, MrObscura said:

Well, it appears dinos have returned for some unexplainable reason. This tank might be cursed. 

Looks like it might be time for a no water change stretch again. Then once dinos are gone I'll do a series of water changes and hopefully when all is said and done it'll be something of a reset and I can get the tank back on track. If that does not work it might be time for a full reboot. 

If they are the type that go into the water column at night, I would try a IM UV and drop it in. I had dino irritating my corals even at higher nutrients but not very visible. I could not keep favias until I added a UV. 

Ofc that is more money with no scientific guarantee it will solve problems but there is fairly good sucess with certain types of dino. Useless for others.

• Like 1

Unless budget isn't a big deal, I'd try to find a used $10 microscope (lots out there, check craigslist) or buy the red and white toy microscope that everyone carries (Amscope, Amazon, ebay, etc) for around $10-15 and see if you can ID what your tank is growing before you spend (more) money on a filter as well.

• 4 years later...
  • MrObscura changed the title to MrObscura's Nuvo 10... still reefing.
MrObscura
15 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Looking good! It’s been awhile… how’ve you been? 

I remember you :)

Been good thx. You?

• Like 1
banasophia
On 4/3/2024 at 8:31 PM, MrObscura said:

I remember you 🙂

Been good thx. You?

Yes! 😊  I’m doing well, as are my tanks… just haven’t been posting much… partly because I’ve been busy with family and a new job, and partly because my current iPad doesn’t photograph my tanks very well. 

• Like 1