Jump to content
lizzyann

Lizzyann's IM 20 Peninsula - Two Years Old!

Recommended Posts

debbeach13

Have a great vacation. It is nice to have someone take care of the house while gone. Less worries.

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

I'm back! Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly while I was gone. There was some super excessive algae growth but mostly just on my frag racks and the glass so whatever? 

 

DSC00342.thumb.jpg.3684d144570745f0818b115514625118.jpg

 

The sun corals and other NPS don't seem to have missed a thing so my brother must have done a good job feeding them. 

 

The acros that were struggling look great for the most part! Good PE again and getting those colors back.

 

The slimer healed up where I cut it and it is coloring back up well

DSC00361.thumb.jpg.c889bc5ede991e4af815bf117e09b865.jpg

DSC00368.thumb.jpg.4bdc0d3e573e037b967727768b445dfc.jpg

 

Flaming Unicorn is back to a nice, bright green and hopefully will get more of the reds and pinks it was just starting to have before too long

DSC00366.thumb.jpg.d49ac3febdc60aed9408f5f8ffa8ad93.jpg

 

The spathulata and millie never got as bad as the others, but have much better PE like before whatever happened happened.

DSC00364.thumb.jpg.b2619a5d4e2a83de01390696cb336a87.jpg

DSC00365.thumb.jpg.25d57e2aa66791b8e2a442bc8d77d6cb.jpg

 

The oregon tort frags aren't doing great but I thought FOR SURE they were all just gonna die by the time I got back so I'm fairly pleased. Still STN on some of the frags but the polyps are out and color is coming back so maybe some of them will make it. They had a lot of algae on them so I tried cleaning that off to help them out. 

DSC00363.thumb.jpg.01a2dfbf26c42650121cc37a685dc7c3.jpg

 

I noticed there's some minor tissue recession on the underside of the digitata with algae growth, so I'm wondering if maybe the algae or hydroids are kinda irritating some of the acros. Kinda at a loss as far as the algae goes, I tested before changing the water and as usual I was still at 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates. Before dosing those I think I'm just going to start feeding more now that I'm back and will have more time to pay attention to things. I haven't done much reef roids or powdered coral food lately so I'm going to do more of that to start. Cross your fingers that I don't start an algae war!

 

The only other thing that didn't look good or even better than when I left is this one zoa colony on the back of the rock:

DSC00371.thumb.jpg.aaa46f22cb895cff880a82e0b5fe67df.jpg

 

All the other zoas look great so not sure what could be causing this. That colony is on the edge of the zoa garden and on the front lines against all the hydroids and whatever else on the back of the rock, so maybe that has to do with it. I'll be keeping an eye on them!

 

Next goals are to sell my digitata and leptastrea frags, clean things up a little more, and get a video of the full tank! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
ninjamyst

The algae look like bryopsis which is bad news bear... 

Share this post


Link to post
Wonderboy

It almost does look like bryopsis, but also not entirely. I think it is just hair algae - best to take care of soon anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

I was afraid of that! I hadn't looked into it yet but it definitely has that thick center stem that I thought I remembered reading about. Just add it to the long list of pests I've had to deal with. Might as well fight off one of everything! Surprised some pure evil worm or crab hasn't crawled out of the shadows to attack everything yet. Probably just down there waiting... Growing stronger and bigger... Until the moment I think I've finally got everything under control.

 

Going to treat those frags and rack with peroxide today! Kinda want to treat the oregon tort frags too but don't want to risk peroxide hurting them. But maybe that's not any worse than the algae that's trying to grow up their skeletons?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
teenyreef

Peroxide will kill sps almost every time, I found out the hard way once 😞

If it's really bryopsis, floconazole treatment will take care of it, but it will take time. 

I've found peroxide will knock back bryopsis on zoas, but not permanently. 

Everything else looks great, though! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

Soooo I may not have done a water change for three weeks 😬. Partially because I've been so busy, but I also didn't fret too much as I've been hoping to raise nutrients a little. I did test a time or two and alk seemed like it wasn't dipping too much and nutrients still seemed nearly nonexistent. Finally got around to it over the weekend though and most things seem unphased. 

 

Current issues are as follows:

 

1. Bowerbanki continues to loose flesh. Not sure if I've mentioned it before because it started so small and has continued so slowly. I have so much trouble deciding when and how to address things. I might move it around to see if flow or light changes affect it, or maybe give it a dip to clean it of any possible pests. There's just more and more skeleton showing in this one spot, and now another tiny little spot, which quickly gets covered with cyano, which I'm sure doesn't help anything. The color isn't terrific and it doesn't seem as excited about eat as it used to. It's decline started long before any of the acro issues.

2. Algae continues to grow on my frag plugs and some rock. This definitely might be related to the lack of water changes? Regardless of nutrient test results?

3. Aiptasia keeps coming back after treating with aiptasia x. They seem to die but after a couple weeks they pop up again. The two? peppermint shrimp I've tried died within a week so I feel a little guilty trying again, but we'll see. I'll try to keep treating them when I see them, but they have popped up in other areas of the tank at this point.

 

Everything else is super!

 

I guess the blue acro frags aren't necessarily super, still no idea how they are going to turn out, but they don't seem to be very actively dying? I sure hope a couple survive because they've now got the prettiest teal polyps! I'm sure they might change again, but still!! I'm thinking about going ahead and putting one back on the main rock, burying it in putty up to the healthy tissue... maybe it will be happier there?

MVIMG_20191216_191400.thumb.jpg.c1b90fdbc7739d3a144474cb28d0cf0e.jpgMVIMG_20191216_191345.thumb.jpg.687eb1d1fe3f5e981cc12955d53a312d.jpg

 

After all the long-awaited maintenance this weekend (ok ok fine I still need to clean off my return and powerhead and the back wall and the back chambers 🙈) everything was looking so pretty I decided to finally get some video of my tank!

 

 

 

😊

 

I decided to turn the pumps off (Lily always comes out and acts silly when the water is still) and feed a little to try to get more fishy action. The yasha comes out to eat regularly but for some reason wasn't in the mood. I'll try again another time. The possum wrasse is certainly on display though, I know you wanted to see more of her DutchNanoReefer88!

 

 

I'll work on some better quality stuff with the real camera but it's hard!

 

Anyway, all's well and hopefully I can keep up maintenance as the holidays get even busier for me.

 

Oh and I need fun coral recommendation help! I'm thinking about putting some kind of chalice back here:

 

IMG_20191217_193506_2.thumb.jpg.43b05307043b3cf0a80cad77aa683d49.jpg

 

What would be super duper colorful and do well in a med-low light area that's kinda shaded by the birdsnest?

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

I love the Possum Wrasse, swimming around like they been on the Beer all day

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann
8 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I love the Possum Wrasse, swimming around like they been on the Beer all day

😂  Exactly! Then the few times I've turned the lights back on at night she "wakes up" and starts swimming around like she's been on the whiskey for a week!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
DNR88

That's great thanks! Although they are pretty small, they have so much character, cruisin along alle day! 😍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

Guess who's baaaaack?! It's my ol pals the dinoflagellates. 😭

 

I'm assuming they made a comeback while getting off routine and being busy over the holidays, having extra dirty water from waiting too long to do water changes a couple times in a row suddenly get cleaner with too big of a water change, changing out the chemipure, etc. I've gotten back to regularly scheduled maintenance for the past few weeks so I'm hoping maybe they will ease back out on their own. Not sure what to start with if not. I guess UV and blackout?

 

Several corals were starting to look a little rough before the dinos popped back up but unlike the dino outbreak, the corals all look good again after water changes and chemipure. I was really worried about the red goni especially but it's doing well and I'm considering trying to move it to the tip top of the front rock, but I don't know if it will do well surrounded by zoas. I want to get more movement in the tank, and I was hoping the increased flow at the top of the rock might make it stretch out a little more. 

 

DSC00699.thumb.jpg.aa32930dc54b97e19427442e2b221a3a.jpg

 

The algae issues from my vacation seem to be under control at the moment, I just needed to move the frag racks down occasionally to make sure critters can get to them and eat the algae. There's bubble algae that pops up around the tank but as long as I try to remove it when I can it's not getting too bad. Two hermit crabs that I got from reefcleaners are a species I haven't seen before and they were growing too big too quickly, and constantly fighting over shells. I took them to the LFS and traded in for another blue leg (i think they might have killed the old one) and a teeny tiny scarlet. I also got a peppermint shrimp while I was there. It hasn't touched the aiptasia yet, but here's hoping because they are multiplying. I also want to get another pistol shrimp. The yasha is coming out more often now that her shrimp friend is gone, but I just miss seeing them together!

 

In a totally random development, it took 10 months, but Lily the possum wrasse has finally started eating flakes and some other prepared foods. So she's doing just as cute as ever.

 

DSC00721.thumb.jpg.883e3e6571d5a2ee9756f3f3b57c51af.jpg

 

All the acros are doing really well again.

 

DSC00652.thumb.jpg.1eaabf2af7c56078ec91d4d0782eb1c8.jpg

 

DSC00663.thumb.jpg.42cf2efd706a1de9dbf1abe04c9f1ad1.jpg

 

I glued down the biggest of the tort frags, and selling the rest.

 

DSC00662.thumb.jpg.1750fa60dcf5d534dc2372c9adc8997b.jpg

 

Really ready to get rid of the random frags. I've done a lot of pruning (digi and gorgonian mainly) because things were starting to get too big, but not much has sold yet and the tank is totally crowded and overrun. Sadly I also decided to try to sell the cynarina. It just doesn't have the color, shine, and transparency it used to have so I'm hoping it can get back to its most beautiful self in someone else's tank annnnnd I might put a lobo or scoly or trachy there instead. I'm loving the tank growing in so much, but miss a little bit of the minimalism of a more open sand bed. I figured I would get rid of the mermaid fan too but it just started sprouting these cute little baby appendages out the top so I might have to wait and see what happens with those.

 

DSC00680.thumb.jpg.1f7d2f2137acfdfbb03c589284e4d5bd.jpg

 

I've been using IO Reef Crystals since the beginning of my tank and it seems to be doing well enough, but going against my normal if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it approach I'm gonna try switching over to Tropic Marin Pro Reef, with a little alk bump from soda ash or baking soda. I have gotten tired of the residue in my water mixing jugs and after watching the BRS salt tests figured this might be the best option to fix that while also maybe giving my tank a little next level boost. 

 

So for the most part, things are chugging right along, but obviously the new dino appearance is troubling. I'll try to update more often now that I'm finally back to a normal routine! 

 

DSC00691.thumb.jpg.04cece147230a252413f2bebe045419c.jpg

 

DSC00685.thumb.jpg.69c0808cf956ea570cfb99046300277f.jpg

 

Figured I might as well throw in some FTSs since I haven't updated much lately, but the yellow leather was grumpy and the gorgonian all closed up from me blowing dinos off them. You get the idea!

 

DSC00695.thumb.jpg.435f60932530ef98e32e0b8129fcbf15.jpg

 

DSC00666.thumb.jpg.51714de9774d624a43fa69a63d188d31.jpg

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
billygoat

Dinos or no, this tank is gorgeous. Look at that Grube's gorgonian go! Six months ago you had a frag and now you have a whole forest! 😁

 

By the way, seeing that huge mushroom in the pic above leaves me with no doubt that it is indeed Discosoma neglecta. It's the spitting image of the Maw. Those thick stubby radial tentacles are a dead giveaway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
5 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Guess who's baaaaack?! It's my ol pals the dinoflagellates. 😭

 

I'm assuming they made a comeback while getting off routine and being busy over the holidays, having extra dirty water from waiting too long to do water changes a couple times in a row suddenly get cleaner with too big of a water change, changing out the chemipure, etc. I've gotten back to regularly scheduled maintenance for the past few weeks so I'm hoping maybe they will ease back out on their own. Not sure what to start with if not. I guess UV and blackout?

 

Several corals were starting to look a little rough before the dinos popped back up but unlike the dino outbreak, the corals all look good again after water changes and chemipure. I was really worried about the red goni especially but it's doing well and I'm considering trying to move it to the tip top of the front rock, but I don't know if it will do well surrounded by zoas. I want to get more movement in the tank, and I was hoping the increased flow at the top of the rock might make it stretch out a little more. 

 

DSC00699.thumb.jpg.aa32930dc54b97e19427442e2b221a3a.jpg

 

The algae issues from my vacation seem to be under control at the moment, I just needed to move the frag racks down occasionally to make sure critters can get to them and eat the algae. There's bubble algae that pops up around the tank but as long as I try to remove it when I can it's not getting too bad. Two hermit crabs that I got from reefcleaners are a species I haven't seen before and they were growing too big too quickly, and constantly fighting over shells. I took them to the LFS and traded in for another blue leg (i think they might have killed the old one) and a teeny tiny scarlet. I also got a peppermint shrimp while I was there. It hasn't touched the aiptasia yet, but here's hoping because they are multiplying. I also want to get another pistol shrimp. The yasha is coming out more often now that her shrimp friend is gone, but I just miss seeing them together!

 

In a totally random development, it took 10 months, but Lily the possum wrasse has finally started eating flakes and some other prepared foods. So she's doing just as cute as ever.

 

DSC00721.thumb.jpg.883e3e6571d5a2ee9756f3f3b57c51af.jpg

 

All the acros are doing really well again.

 

DSC00652.thumb.jpg.1eaabf2af7c56078ec91d4d0782eb1c8.jpg

 

DSC00663.thumb.jpg.42cf2efd706a1de9dbf1abe04c9f1ad1.jpg

 

I glued down the biggest of the tort frags, and selling the rest.

 

DSC00662.thumb.jpg.1750fa60dcf5d534dc2372c9adc8997b.jpg

 

Really ready to get rid of the random frags. I've done a lot of pruning (digi and gorgonian mainly) because things were starting to get too big, but not much has sold yet and the tank is totally crowded and overrun. Sadly I also decided to try to sell the cynarina. It just doesn't have the color, shine, and transparency it used to have so I'm hoping it can get back to its most beautiful self in someone else's tank annnnnd I might put a lobo or scoly or trachy there instead. I'm loving the tank growing in so much, but miss a little bit of the minimalism of a more open sand bed. I figured I would get rid of the mermaid fan too but it just started sprouting these cute little baby appendages out the top so I might have to wait and see what happens with those.

 

DSC00680.thumb.jpg.1f7d2f2137acfdfbb03c589284e4d5bd.jpg

 

I've been using IO Reef Crystals since the beginning of my tank and it seems to be doing well enough, but going against my normal if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it approach I'm gonna try switching over to Tropic Marin Pro Reef, with a little alk bump from soda ash or baking soda. I have gotten tired of the residue in my water mixing jugs and after watching the BRS salt tests figured this might be the best option to fix that while also maybe giving my tank a little next level boost. 

 

So for the most part, things are chugging right along, but obviously the new dino appearance is troubling. I'll try to update more often now that I'm finally back to a normal routine! 

 

DSC00691.thumb.jpg.04cece147230a252413f2bebe045419c.jpg

 

DSC00685.thumb.jpg.69c0808cf956ea570cfb99046300277f.jpg

 

Figured I might as well throw in some FTSs since I haven't updated much lately, but the yellow leather was grumpy and the gorgonian all closed up from me blowing dinos off them. You get the idea!

 

DSC00695.thumb.jpg.435f60932530ef98e32e0b8129fcbf15.jpg

 

DSC00666.thumb.jpg.51714de9774d624a43fa69a63d188d31.jpg

 

What a great update! The tank looks really beautiful!! 💛💛💛
 

Sounds like we’ve had similar issues recently with water changes a little delayed over the holidays, dirty tank, then overcompensating... I’m trying to get my biocube 16 back on track as well. AND I also just switched to Tropic Marin Reef Pro after watching that BRS review and being tempted by the thought of water that mixes up clean. So nice without all that residue on the mixing bucket, pump, heater and storage jugs! It will be interesting to see if the extra cost is worth it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann
11 hours ago, billygoat said:

By the way, seeing that huge mushroom in the pic above leaves me with no doubt that it is indeed Discosoma neglecta. It's the spitting image of the Maw. Those thick stubby radial tentacles are a dead giveaway.

Hah yes I've figured as much the more it grows! At its most stretched it's probably too big for this tank really, but it isn't bothering the mushrooms around it and hasn't reproduced so it's definitely cool enough to keep for now! I've tried to get a picture to show its full size but the angle through the glass just doesn't do it justice.

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

What a great update! The tank looks really beautiful!! 💛💛💛
 

Sounds like we’ve had similar issues recently with water changes a little delayed over the holidays, dirty tank, then overcompensating... I’m trying to get my biocube 16 back on track as well. AND I also just switched to Tropic Marin Reef Pro after watching that BRS review and being tempted by the thought of water that mixes up clean. So nice without all that residue on the mixing bucket, pump, heater and storage jugs! It will be interesting to see if the extra cost is worth it. 

Wow we definitely have a lot of similarities going on. A lot of the same pests too! What are your nitrates and phosphates like? That's the one thing I'm still trying to figure out, why mine show up as nonexistent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
2 hours ago, lizzyann said:

Wow we definitely have a lot of similarities going on. A lot of the same pests too! What are your nitrates and phosphates like? That's the one thing I'm still trying to figure out, why mine show up as nonexistent.

Yeah I need to retest my 16, and I was just looking at my parameters to be able to answer and think I need to find a better system for recording my results or be much more careful when using my Aquarimate app because I’m questioning whether my results got mixed up between my two tanks... maybe I’ll use a different app for each tank. What do you use? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann
3 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yeah I need to retest my 16, and I was just looking at my parameters to be able to answer and think I need to find a better system for recording my results or be much more careful when using my Aquarimate app because I’m questioning whether my results got mixed up between my two tanks... maybe I’ll use a different app for each tank. What do you use? 

I used to use Aquarimate but only had one tank so it was pretty straightforward. I recently got an apex and have been trying to record everything on there, but haven't been super consistent. Mainly just been in make-sure-nothing-crazy-bad-is-happening mode for the past 2.5 months. Any time I did test my nutrients were still super low, even when waiting too long to do water changes. They are obviously there though with all the pests and algae, just getting used up immediately I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christopher Marks

Amazing update @lizzyann, thanks for sharing all the great photos! Happy New Year! It sounds like a lot of positive progress, despite the resurgence of the dinoflagellates. This is such a beautiful reef tank, the growth and progression is remarkable, keep up the good work!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

Finally sold all my frags so I had to share some new FTSs! I did a whole photo shoot so I'll share more later. 🥰

 

DSC00750.thumb.jpg.a76cd9d41d50e809730010908ab10217.jpg

 

DSC00751.thumb.jpg.804ce755a3c1a2beccbd2c8e7fc4026d.jpg

 

DSC00763.thumb.jpg.d655501bc9cc66a98437ef14e5ecbc57.jpg

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
DNR88

That's looking great! How is the character of the Assessor? Shy or outgoing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
banasophia
1 hour ago, lizzyann said:

Finally sold all my frags so I had to share some new FTSs! I did a whole photo shoot so I'll share more later. 🥰

 

DSC00750.thumb.jpg.a76cd9d41d50e809730010908ab10217.jpg

 

DSC00751.thumb.jpg.804ce755a3c1a2beccbd2c8e7fc4026d.jpg

 

DSC00763.thumb.jpg.d655501bc9cc66a98437ef14e5ecbc57.jpg

 

 

Gorgeous 💛💛💛 And I love the lighting in these shots!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann
5 hours ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

That's looking great! How is the character of the Assessor? Shy or outgoing?

Thank you! The Randall's Assessor Basslet is pretty shy. It hides in the front rock cave most of the time. It swims around in front of the rock occasionally, but usually darts back in when someone approaches, until it realizes I'm feeding it, and is happy to swim around catching flakes. Like the possum wrasse, when I turn off the pumps it usually gets curious and swims all over the tank. The yasha is living in that same cave at the moment and they seem to enjoy each other. He definitely doesn't seem to bother anything!

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

So I got a couple corals from AquaSD after selling my frags. I had my eye on this maxi mini anemone for a while, and decided to jump on it. I wanted to put it near the RFA and though I definitely tried to do some research didn't find anything conclusive on whether or not that would work. I also was under the impression that they would be about the same size as RFA, maybe just a inch bigger. Well this thing is HUGE, honestly not as pretty as it was in the picture, and as soon as I put it down, it moved behind my pipe organ so that it is impossible to view. In this frustration I read more and more about them and now am also scared it might eat one of the smaller fish or inverts. Here's a pic that I moved the pipe organ out of the way to get:

 

DSC00734.thumb.jpg.ee2ef9a333aba9c0e3ec2fa7d8043c79.jpg

 

Not quite sure if I want to keep it or not, but we'll see. I also got some simple green and blue zoas from them to fill in the front rock where the red/orange colored zoas are starting to take over, but they are taking their time opening up.

 

I think that teeny tiny scarlet was a goner. I saw it in a back corner with no shell for a day or two, even though I tried to make sure a couple appropriate shells were nearby, then it disappeared. So I got a scarlet in the AquaSD order too. I really like its shell!

 

DSC00731.thumb.jpg.9e053669479ace3a56346be97d6267e6.jpg

 

The juggernaut bounce mushroom in the back is splitting! You can see to the left a chalice I picked up at the LFS, but I'm afraid it isn't going to be quite as colorful as I really want. I'm wondering if it might have stung the mushroom when I first put it in (it got knocked a little closer as some point) and caused the split in the shroom. Pretty interesting to watch the shroom though, as none of mine have really split like this before, from the mouth just opening up into a bigger and bigger hole.

 

DSC00767.thumb.jpg.04d9f11ca789e70548d3652701cfc107.jpg

 

I talked about the yasha coming out more often but I spoke too soon. The past week she's gone back to mostly hiding and popping out super quickly to eat, so this is the best pic I've gotten of her lately.

 

DSC00818.thumb.jpg.84313be9f370dfdd08d72ae71b33ac98.jpg

 

Lots of good shots of the assessor (thinking about just calling him Randall 🤷‍♀️) though!

DSC00775.thumb.jpg.8bfdb33fb550598060a3ebb08b2fac67.jpg

 

DSC00764.thumb.jpg.9f43c41f8ba7de31e25668366156be7e.jpg

 

The dinos have stayed at a pretty steady level, which is to say not too terrible, so I'm gonna keep up routine and hope they loose a foothold pretty soon. I feel like this was my strategy once before and I regretted it though... might need to go back through my journal. 

 

Oh I think I might have a possible reason all the peppermint shrimp have died... Maraschino! The pom pom crab seems so tiny and docile but seems to have a quite aggressive side! that little peppermint shrimp I just got died a few days later (and didn't ever touch the aiptasia), and I said I wouldn't try any others, and move on to berghia's or something. Then the owner at the LFS convinced me nudibranches wouldn't work that well and to try peppermint one more time, making sure I acclimated them slowly, kept an eye on them, looked out for any giant bristleworms that might be attacking, etc. It was one of those yea, yea, yea not sure I believe you situations that happen so often in LFSs buuuut I ended up buying two. I put them in the tank, trying to get them close to the aiptasia and they went to hide under the rock, where Maraschino lives. HE WAS NOT HAPPY. He slowly stalked them and then would run up on the waving his anemones fiercely. There were never any all out brawls, as the shrimp were scared away, but I wonder if maybe the pom pom has killed them all over time? I read a couple stories of this happening, although there were also stories of the two getting along swimmingly. It does make sense that they might be enemies, since the peppermints might like to snack on the pom pom's anemones. I also of course am a little worried about the peppermints snacking on my RFAs. Anyway, that was last night, and everything seems ok so far, but I'll be keeping a close eye. I don't want Maraschino to be stressed and he does still get worked up every time they wander into the cave. I also worry that these two might be too much for him and he might get hurt in a fight at some point! The one thing holding me back from bagging them up immediately and returning them... the aiptasia are gone and/or terrified, not a tentacle in sight!

 

That's all for now, just a couple top downs to round things out.

 

DSC00798.thumb.jpg.619edecb840a7c0f553182614d3da2b1.jpg

 

DSC00804.thumb.jpg.e0c10dc95d503aed2f0f717d4072ce7f.jpg

 

 

 

  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
billygoat

Great updates as always! I really can't get enough of this tank. Beautiful photography and a truly stunning aquarium.

 

If you hadn't mentioned dinos I would never have guessed that you have a problem with them just by looking at the pictures! Everything looks perfectly happy and healthy to me. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyann

Up late and thought I'd share a pic of my pink sun corals since yall probably haven't seen them opened up lately. They don't really start opening up until 10pm or later since I don't usually feed them until then, then the lights go off at 11 and they aren't usually fully extended until after that. I need to start going to bed earlier so I'll have to ease them into waking up earlier!

 

DSC00839.thumb.jpg.8f415f6c60323d6d00ccdeaeddc268fd.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...