MortalWombat

Wombat's Softy Nest (CADLights 8G)

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Looks fantastic @MortalWombat! How has the damsel been doing?

Thanks! The damsel has been great, he's a pretty laid back dude.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, Cannedfish said:

Love it!!

Thank you!

I've been busy lately but the tank is still doing fine. That's why I love it, it takes neglect in stride. 

45459667231_b4f4a2fec6_c.jpg

30519425467_91f47656a2_c.jpg

• Like 1

That looks so nice. Macros dont the get enough love. I love macros in the display. All my tanks have had some kind or another or sevral macros in them. You could add some dragons breath or some other red or purple for contrast with the green they are not so calcium dependand as what you have probly wont compete for the calcium. Its nice and simple and has a very natural feel to it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

What a cute little tank!  Nice and simple.  I like it!

13 hours ago, LazyFish said:

That looks so nice. Macros dont the get enough love. I love macros in the display. All my tanks have had some kind or another or sevral macros in them. You could add some dragons breath or some other red or purple for contrast with the green they are not so calcium dependand as what you have probly wont compete for the calcium. Its nice and simple and has a very natural feel to it.

Thanks friends! I am flattered. The Halimeda was actually something of a happy accident. It hitchhiked in on the live rock, which is unusual since I have had those pieces of rock in my other tanks for years -some herbivore must have been keeping it grazed down.

I dose kalkwasser in the ATO, so keeping up with the mineral demands isn't a problem. The coralline algae and the barnacle are the only other competitors for alk/cal. I try trim and back the halimeda every 2 months or so, mostly to keep it from shading out the palythoa. 

I have been eyeballing the ORA lemon damsels lately... I really want one, but I'm not sure that would be wise with the existing fish. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MortalWombat said:

Thanks friends! I am flattered. The Halimeda was actually something of a happy accident. It hitchhiked in on the live rock, which is unusual since I have had those pieces of rock in my other tanks for years -some herbivore must have been keeping it grazed down.

Same, I had an angelfish that was keeping my halimed trimmed. After I got rid of him, the stuff popped up everywhere.

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions