Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What Fish For a Nuvo 10

1967type1

Parameters are perfect

nitrates 0

phosphates 0

it looks like his fins are dissolving and he has developed white blotches just under his dorsal fin. But all the fins are falling apart he can nearly swim in the current of the tank. He hasn't eaten either. Tried pellets and frozen. He is also breathing really fast. I started a reef safe Meds that have for for ich in the past so if it is ich it should help but I doubt it is.

For a single fish tank I would be seriously tempted to look at something like a leopard toby or Valentino puffer, they look like amazing characters ? I think the Valentino might be a bit big though. 

Ps sorry about your wrasse :(

10 hours ago, NanoReefMinimalist said:

Keep a cleaner shrimp and nothing else.

Well that's a little rude. Pretty sure you can keep a fish a still be minimalist. True a pseudochromis wouldn't be my first choice, but a small blenny or green banded goby could totally live and thrive in that tank!

409.gif

But in all seriousness, I think a Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair would be nice in a 10g. Watch them rebuild their den all day and the goby wiggle his tail fin on the pistol shrimp's antennae when he senses danger.

Sorry about your loss.

Yasha Goby/Pistol combo would be good for your tank. 2 clownfish maybe. 

Also sometimes fish just die. It sucks and is often time the hardest thing to diagnose/explain. Doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. 

• Thanks 1

I dont want to see another argument unfold like earlier to each their own and I love seeing what people think. So far this little tank has gone through a few inhabitants. It started with a cherub angel (moved to big tank), purple stripe pseudocromis (died), peppermint shrimp (eaten), super small baby chainlink eel like the smallest I have ever seen he was 4" but he was an escaper even with a lid (in the big tank as well). My plan was to keep the eel there till I found someone to buy my zebra moray eel but the two of them seem to be getting along quite well. So now the tank sits empty again but I did get a nice kenya tree coral so I will post pics some time soon.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 1967type1 said:

I dont want to see another argument unfold like earlier to each their own and I love seeing what people think. So far this little tank has gone through a few inhabitants. It started with a cherub angel (moved to big tank), purple stripe pseudocromis (died), peppermint shrimp (eaten), super small baby chainlink eel like the smallest I have ever seen he was 4" but he was an escaper even with a lid (in the big tank as well). My plan was to keep the eel there till I found someone to buy my zebra moray eel but the two of them seem to be getting along quite well. So now the tank sits empty again but I did get a nice kenya tree coral so I will post pics some time soon.

Ah. Must have missed the popcorn worthy argument :rolleyes: .

We all have our opinions and most of the time genuinely just want to help the other hobbyist. Some people can take it a little too far I guess. Take everything with a grain of salt and move forward. Looking forward to see what the next fish is. 

7 hours ago, eslatts11 said:

409.gif

But in all seriousness, I think a Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair would be nice in a 10g. Watch them rebuild their den all day and the goby wiggle his tail fin on the pistol shrimp's antennae when he senses danger.

Hahaha. Sorry didn't wanna start another argument! I'll get the popcorn!!! I have a wheeler goby and a tiger shrimp in my other tank and they are soooooo cool and fun to watch!!! 

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that we all  agree possum wrasses are: 1) awesome; 2) get all the lady's (or men or leprechauns?); 3) will sit and listen to you complain about your coworker Debbie and not interrupt you to tell a dumb story about how special their kids are (there isn't nor ever was/will be an award for tying your shoe); 4) a great fit for a nano tank. 

Furthermore, we also agree that, 1) some over aggressive thread respondents don't know the husbandry requirements of Great Danes (but are great at bad analogies); 2) Hansen's is the best New Orleans' snowball stand; 3) a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer is not the best choice for a daily driver. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
gone_PHiSHin
9 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

If this thread has taught me anything, it's that we all  agree possum wrasses are: 1) awesome; 2) get all the lady's (or men or leprechauns?); 3) will sit and listen to you complain about your coworker Debbie and not interrupt you to tell a dumb story about how special their kids are (there isn't nor ever was/will be an award for tying your shoe); 4) a great fit for a nano tank. 

Furthermore, we also agree that, 1) some over aggressive thread respondents don't know the husbandry requirements of Great Danes (but are great at bad analogies); 2) Hansen's is the best New Orleans' snowball stand; 3) a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer is not the best choice for a daily driver. 

man, you learned way more than i did from this thread :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1