Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Barton's 20g *retired*

mbarton2010

On 2/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, mbarton2010 said:

Skimmer pump took a dump last night ? have a new one enroute. Might post a quick video in a bit

How long had you been using the K2-50 before the pump took a dump? My K2-50 pump is dying every 5-6 months....

• Like 2
mbarton2010
45 minutes ago, xiaoxiy said:

How long had you been using the K2-50 before the pump took a dump? My K2-50 pump is dying every 5-6 months....

Since september

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mbarton2010 said:

Since september

The customer service at Ice-Cap told me that my pump failing that often was odd. Literally I got a replacement in September, and it died 2 weeks ago. Sorry to hear about your skimmer woes. Glad to be validated about my skimmer pump issues though.

• Like 2
mbarton2010
20 minutes ago, Rene said:

Nice tank!  You're in the Houston area?  Where do you like to shop?

That Aquarium place 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
mbarton2010
9 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Very nice! I like the sunset monti on the back. Are you planning for it to encrust on the back wall?

Yeah that's the plan. It was taking up too much real estate in the middle of the tank and was encroaching on another sps colony. 

• Like 1
mbarton2010
3 minutes ago, Asureef said:

Wow, that red mille is fire!

Thanks! picked it up from a frag fest in Houston. Forgot the name but I think they (forgot what vendor) called it something like heaven and hell or angel and demons lol

HarryPotter

Looking insaneeeeeeee! Im confused how the the photos are purple in some- what spectrum/filters are you using? I cant get squat under LEDs with my phone 

• Thanks 1
mbarton2010
7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Looking insaneeeeeeee! Im confused how the the photos are purple in some- what spectrum/filters are you using? I cant get squat under LEDs with my phone 

I use the Camera Plus app and depending on the color of the coral, I have to tweak the temp, contrast, saturation differently to get the most life like colors. That’s why the corals look good but a lot of the white plugs and rock look wonky 

mbarton2010

And I usually mess with the Prime spectrum to test out different colors to see which photograph best. I recently(yesterday) changed to a new lighting schedule that uses more white and and has moon light all night. Gonna see how this works out for awhile

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, mbarton2010 said:

I use the Camera Plus app and depending on the color of the coral, I have to tweak the temp, contrast, saturation differently to get the most life like colors. That’s why the corals look good but a lot of the white plugs and rock look wonky 

Oh cool- I remember the struggle of LED iphone-photography.  Ive been spoiled with T5s, which dont bother the camera.  Thats partially why I post so many photos; I take the photo within imgur and can post it here super easily.  xD

• Like 1
mbarton2010
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Oh cool- I remember the struggle of LED iphone-photography.  Ive been spoiled with T5s, which dont bother the camera.  Thats partially why I post so many photos; I take the photo within imgur and can post it here super easily.  xD

Yeah I have to try to color correct the best i can. I’ve been thinking about DIYing a Hybrid setup or just selling my Prime and getting a T5

mbarton2010

Not too much to update. Just got a few pics of everything doing good. Did lose one piece of SPS a small deep water. Nothing else was showed signs of distress. My digita is becoming a nice mini colony. Gonna need to frag eventually 

C7CFD6E8-347D-43C0-815D-5A001EDE1278.jpeg

C7BBB13D-822D-47CD-9857-BECCC1020071.jpeg

3BB14ED5-CE3D-4E07-86B0-8B611FE1CBB4.jpeg

307CA24D-6CCF-472D-A5A9-EFD0C53E0F78.jpeg

5221F8D2-A545-4DCA-926A-8AD46BA3B27E.jpeg

93B7DB97-A1FD-4450-9C0B-C66B5A9CD113.jpeg

00EF5FEF-A0AD-449D-B9AD-04AAD4E2BC29.jpeg

• Like 2