inTank Media Baskets

Stocking a 60 gallon

ItsJustLauren

for a goby i highly reccomend a shrimp goby pair if you are looking for character. Also if you are able to observe a chromis through the first maybe 4-6 weeks then you should be fine

On 9/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, ItsJustLauren said:

@jesseatam that's an interesting thought... every place online says that you should only keep one per tank to avoid territorial aggression, but I know they change sex so one will become a male if I toss them all in at the same time. Do I just toss them in there and hope they just don't beat the crap out of each other?

I haven't done this myself but I've read that you either get a group of small ones or some small and a single large one. If you look up gramma harems online there plenty of people have done it successfully, I would read their experiences and follow the steps they took.

Besides the flasher wrasse non of the fish you have actually serve a function. Nothing is wrong with that . But I would highly suggest you pick functional fishes that have a job then trophy fishes . 

• 1 month later...

This is a cool tank!! Like a double drop-off tank! Not sure if you are into SPS, but you can place them in the bridge, up close to the light! So many different possibilities / potential, really exciting to see this mature! Also, nothing wrong with getting trophy fishes! If they all have jobs, you'd have to pay them. PS: get the flame. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
ItsJustLauren

Thanks guys!

Right now I have:

2 cleaner shrimp

1 fire shrimp

Ruby red dragonet (eating frozen)

Leopard wrasse

Lubbocks wrasse

Royal Gramma

Valentini puffer

Yellow clown goby

I would love to try SPS some day but I doubt I could handle their demands right now haha. Not to mention my clown goby might damage them and once something is in that tank, catching it is pretty much impossible... 

I also have a couple coral frags now though, a few mushrooms growing in the bottom areas and I have some torch and hammer frags on the top bar until I figure out where I want them c:

@Orangutran unfortunately as much as I want the flame I doubt he would be very happy in my tank... I have considered maybe a flameback angel though, since they stay a little smaller, but either way I think an angel of any kind might feel a bit cramped and also might be a bit too much activity and spook my leopard wrasse ):

I'm not sure if you mentioned this but does you tank have a top? If not I would suggest getting one, the Lubbocks wrasse like all wrasses are jumpers. I had one in my tank that ended up jumping.

ItsJustLauren

@FollyFish the whole top of the tank is sealed up besides the area above the sump which the fish can't get to; the columns each have an 8x8" feeding window at the top that can be opened, but if they are closed then it is an entirely closed off system! My wrasses won't be carpet surfing any time soon if I have anything to say about it! ;)

And @Flexin someone stole my phone last Wednesday so I can't take any, but as soon as I get a new phone I will post some updates!

• Like 1
ItsJustLauren

For some reason it won't let me post my videos so I can't show my cute little puffer or my leopard wrasse... I'll try to get pictures of them and my full tank tonight :3

IMG_20171106_210535.jpg

IMG_20171104_130253.jpg

IMG_20171024_181812.jpg

ItsJustLauren

Thanks guys :D and yeah my puffer is definitely my favorite fish I think, valentini are pretty common but he's just so friendly and photogenic <3 he was at my workplace for months and got sucked down a uncovered drainage pipe in his tank, puffed up inside the tube, and miraculously still survived so after that I had to take him home lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1