Top Shelf Aquatics

Tautoo's 10g Nuvo Fusion

Tautoo

For those interested this little light grows cheato something crazy.  Had to pull a ball out for the second time tonight and that’s through the back of a tinted aq30. Super pleased.

• Like 1
Just now, Tautoo said:

Bought a mag rock Jr.  How do you think it looks?  Other then being bright white Haha.  

F398C926-5616-4B1D-986E-183D8D818EF8.jpeg

6064E474-E099-45CD-BC69-0F0D443DCCEA.jpeg

Its looks great. Im glad you posted because I was just about to make a post about this. DO you have to cycle those rock mag jrs? 

Just now, REEFreefLJS85 said:

Its looks great. Im glad you posted because I was just about to make a post about this. DO you have to cycle those rock mag jrs? 

Honestly I’m not sure.  It came dry so I assume it was safe to add to my tank.  It is somewhat porous and is supposed to take on the same qualities as live rock.  So we shall see haha.

Just now, Tautoo said:

Honestly I’m not sure.  It came dry so I assume it was safe to add to my tank.  It is somewhat porous and is supposed to take on the same qualities as live rock.  So we shall see haha.

Its looks great. I was thinking about getting a nice size one for my tank. They look so much better than the frag holder/egg crate

Just now, REEFreefLJS85 said:

Its looks great. I was thinking about getting a nice size one for my tank. They look so much better than the frag holder/egg crate

Came super quick and shipped perfect.  Magnet seems to hold very well on the back wall of the im10.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:26 PM, Tautoo said:

Bought a mag rock Jr.  How do you think it looks?  Other then being bright white Haha.  

F398C926-5616-4B1D-986E-183D8D818EF8.jpeg

6064E474-E099-45CD-BC69-0F0D443DCCEA.jpeg

@Tautoo I have a question for you. What do you use your HOB filter for on this tank. I notice it on the tank? Also do you keep your top on the tank? I am thinking about taking mines off due to light penetration and for some reason it looks so much better lol 

9 hours ago, REEFreefLJS85 said:

@Tautoo I have a question for you. What do you use your HOB filter for on this tank. I notice it on the tank? Also do you keep your top on the tank? I am thinking about taking mines off due to light penetration and for some reason it looks so much better lol 

The hob just has a small ball of cheato in it, it works well with the small amazon light I bought to grow it.

i leave the top on as no way I’m having a clown jump haha.  I did replace the screen with some brs clear mesh so light penetration is much better.  I don’t mind the way it looks.  On day I may invest in a artfully acrilic top.

Picked up a small frag of this awesome pink blue and yellow chalice.  Fed the tank some reef roofs this morning, tomorrow is water change day.  Wish I could get a good picture of it.  Added a bag of phosguard as well hoping to help with my brown uglies from the tank being over fed when I was gone for a week.  

Think ive decided I’m gonna get a frag of star polyps to glue on the mag rock and let it take over.  I know they grow like weeds but I really think they are my favorite coral.

B3FCEA45-D370-4408-9A73-55BCA4E22B37.jpeg

7D857AEA-2845-4738-99ED-41BFB8E98452.jpeg

Tank moving along well.  No longer getting daily brown algae in the glass.  Tank seems to be maturing slowly but surely.  Newest fts.  Can’t get over how much I love this light.  Thanks again @DaveFason.  Best purchase I’ve made for this tank, period.

D86B9BA5-2C69-48FC-B41F-A6E45DD3B23B.jpeg

• Like 2

Little top down love this evening.  Clowns have officially decided who the female is and who the male is. 

Everythng seems to be pretty happy.  Algae under Check other then the morning after feeding reef roids.

Happy reefing.

390E4B81-5A50-49C2-BD35-A86441CA2553.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple new pics.  Battling some nitrates.  Have switched to pe mysis and it seems to dirty the water a bit more.  Good growth and happy corals.

Finally a good pic of mr clown goby.  He was bought by my Wife haha.  So probably pushing the bio load of this tank a bit.  He’s translucent, I figured he would color up by now.  He’s a pig and is very social now so don’t think it’s stress. 

Current stock list

Clown Pair

Clown Goby

Cleaner shrimp

Emerald crab (haven’t seen him in a bit)

Pom Pom Crab

2 scarlet hermits

4 trochus snails.

seems like a lot but don’t see much till night when I comes to the inverts.

FCEB6971-967F-472C-A66F-B1480B0263A5.jpeg

D1247373-07EB-4AA0-9A1A-EA15A31B781C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since a post.  

Made a pretty big addition with a gorgeous rbta.  Tank is moving along well.  Stable params, figure I would give it a shot.  It’s been in the same spot for a week or so.  Don’t mind the corals going to sleep for the night, lights going off soon.

Hopfeully st some point the clowns find it, either way it’s an awesome piece.  Hope I didn’t add it too soon (may have). TAnks only 5 months or so old.

8932EE08-EAF6-433E-88D6-1466AB8817EE.jpeg

FD1175BC-887C-4A66-8191-BC75AC3D148B.jpeg

• Like 1

I just have it on there to run phosguard, or any supplemental stuff.

Its kind of a waste, but have the room, and moves the water in the back well.

I had a different one i was running a small fuge in, but was more of a pain then it was worth.

• Like 1

Did a big water change this morning.  Long overdue.  Don’t mind the mad corner of the Ben.  Bumped it with my suction for my water change.  No physical damage but it’s not pleased with me.  Everything seems to be doing well.

Recently got a iPhone 8+. And the camera is awesome.

75A737E7-B21E-4A1F-8C42-E7F3DEB2701F.jpeg

• Like 1

Do you have any plans in the event that your RBTA moves on you?  I'd love one, but I think it's version of a perfect spot won't coincide with my version of a perfect spot. 

24 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Do you have any plans in the event that your RBTA moves on you?  I'd love one, but I think it's version of a perfect spot won't coincide with my version of a perfect spot. 

Gonna ride it out haha.

It actually moved to that spot.  I flipped the rock around.  Hoping it sticks, but if it doesnt thats ok.  Lots of cheap zoas and such in there.  Heres to hoping.  

• Like 1