Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tautoo's 10g Nuvo Fusion

Tautoo

Hey all just recently moved my cadlights 8g into a nuvo!  I really wish I woulda gone straight to this tank!  Love it.

current equipment list:

Mp10 for flow

upgraded the return pump to a mj600

nanobox tide for light

current inhabitants: 2 clowns, couple scarlet hermits, pom pom crab and 3 trochus snails.

here are a couple terrible iPhone picks.  Probably won't add much for a bit.  Gonna let everything settle from the move.

thanks for the looks.

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, JR! said:

you like the mj600 for the return?

I do, im glad i didnt go bigger.  Really the MJ600 is almost too much tbh.  I may get a spin stream to slow the flow a bit since i have the mp10.

It seems to do well so far though.

View from my seat after my workout.  These clowns pig out on brine.  Won't touch mysis though.  Not sure why.  Ammonia still at 0, nitrates between 5-10.  Media rackcoming thursday so I can ditch the aq30 or make it a fuge. 

IMG_2269.JPG

Clowns are finally eating pellets!    Had one of my captain americas come loose off the frag plug and was on the return when I got home.  Have him back on and he seems ok.  

Got my intank media rack today! So I'll be converting my aq30 to a little dude for cheato.  Any one have a small light idea?  Prefer a led.  

Am running chemipure blue nano on the two media racks. A change from my Roc carbon/purigen but I would imagine it won't be much different.

my Pom Pom came out during feedin time for the first time today!  Makes me happy to see it for the first time in this tank.

some crappy pics!

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, gena said:

Looks great!  I really like your rockwork! 

Thank you much!  Resisting every urge to mess with it haha.  Have made a strict hands outta the tank except on water days.  Too much messing with stuff early on.

Stopped in a new shop and picked up this zoa frag.  Really happy with it.  Some nuclear green palys coming this week.

did a 2g water change today.  Ammonia steady at 0, nitrates hovering around 8-10.  Corals seem happy.  My pink zippers finally sprouted baby's!!  2 heads after about 2.5 months.  IMG_2281.thumb.JPG.a8a56ede2cfbd4b6158ccfdbd6444ef4.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

• Like 1

Tank still going strong.  Pod population finally starting to come back after the tank move.  Have converted my little aq to hold some cheato and added a $10 led grow light from Amazon.  Got a frag of nuclear greens.  Other then that nothing too new to report.

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

15 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

Tank still going strong.  Pod population finally starting to come back after the tank move.  Have converted my little aq to hold some cheato and added a $10 led grow light from Amazon.  Got a frag of nuclear greens.  Other then that nothing too new to report.

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

Which light did you go with for your chaeto?  Tank looks very nice! :happy:

6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Which light did you go with for your chaeto?  Tank looks very nice! :happy:

Went with this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7ENP3C/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The LED ring covers the back of the AQ about perfectly.  Dont need it to grow too crazy, just hoping it will maintain its size / not die off.  

Time will tell :)

Appreciate the feedback, trying SO hard to keep my hands out of the tank for a few weeks.  Im historically terrible about messing with it too much and not just letting things do their thing.  

40 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

Went with this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7ENP3C/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The LED ring covers the back of the AQ about perfectly.  Dont need it to grow too crazy, just hoping it will maintain its size / not die off.  

Time will tell :)

Appreciate the feedback, trying SO hard to keep my hands out of the tank for a few weeks.  Im historically terrible about messing with it too much and not just letting things do their thing.  

That's pretty interesting!  I have a little white submersible bar from Mingdak in my AC fuge.  It is hard not to fiddle with the tank sometimes, isn't it? :lol:

No major update.  2gallon water change due to some diatoms from overfeeding a what i thought what was sick clownfish.  Noob mistake.  In other news I'm pretty sure this hermit is murdering his buddy who's been in the tank since it first cycled.  To think I keep em fed too.  Monsters!!!

IMG_2320.JPG

• Like 1

So these two are still at the front of the tank, both alive.  came home to a clicking noise, and the ones shell was tapping the glass as he was trying to force himself into the others shell.

They were doign so well together, WTF?!

Anyway im trying to think of ideas to fill the top left of my tank with some coral, it worth it to get a magrock to put up there below the intake?

Think itwould be cool for a monti cap or something of the sort up there.  No coral below it to shade so shouldnt be an issue.  Anyone have success with this?

On 9/5/2017 at 8:10 PM, Tautoo said:

No major update.  2gallon water change due to some diatoms from overfeeding a what i thought what was sick clownfish.  Noob mistake.  In other news I'm pretty sure this hermit is murdering his buddy who's been in the tank since it first cycled.  To think I keep em fed too.  Monsters!!!

IMG_2320.JPG

I'm pretty sure the hermit LiveAquaria accidentally sent me murdered my porcelain crab. :tears:

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

I'm pretty sure the hermit LiveAquaria accidentally sent me murdered my porcelain crab. :tears:

oh no!!

These two were the first things in my tank when I first got my 8g, and never really showed any aggression towards eachother.  

Maybe I need more shells in the tank?  

Seems like my Pom Pom, and cleaner shrimp seem to be ok, and all snails are there.

They are even scarlet which i read were the most "peaceful"  I guess they are still hermits lol.  

He starts picking on other stuff / munching zoas and he will be going into the dark back chamber of my tank lol.

Water change day.  Did a 2 gallon water change, nitrates were a bit high.  Took out the center rock and scrubbed it really well to rid it of the hair algae.  Got most of it.  Clowns got some brine for a treat today as well as the shrimp and Pom Pom.  One hermit finally succeded in killing the other :(.  

A bad quality fts.

IMG_2341.JPG

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Tautoo said:

Water change day.  Did a 2 gallon water change, nitrates were a bit high.  Took out the center rock and scrubbed it really well to rid it of the hair algae.  Got most of it.  Clowns got some brine for a treat today as well as the shrimp and Pom Pom.  One hermit finally succeded in killing the other :(.  

A bad quality fts.

IMG_2341.JPG

Sorry about the hermit. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Away from the tank for 5 days, came back and everything is happy!  Wife fed and topped off while I was away.  Still some brown uglies but I assume she over fed a bit, and that's ok.  Did a 3 gallon water change and params seem well.  Update on hermits they aren't In That spot anymore and have both been spotted!  Who knows what they were doing for a week.

getting nice growth on the captain America palys, 3 baby's between the two frags!  Also a couple more heads on the pink zippers up to 7 or so now.  Happy with everything at this point.

couple shots from after the water change.  

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

• Like 1

Pretty happy with the tank this morning.

Everything out and eating.  Thought I lost my pom pom crab but it was just a molt, phew.

Both hermits out munching on algae on the middle rock this morning, bout time they get to work.

• Like 1

Got a couple new mushrooms and a small frag of watermelon zoas.  Tank seems happy.  Params good.  Little bit of diatoms hanging around bc I’m guilty of overfeeding still.

7297BB26-B69B-4625-A346-DFA807DC977F.jpeg

• Like 2