Pod Your Reef

Lula Mae's Sooper Sekret, just for fun, experimental GSP garden

Lula_Mae

3 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

So sorry about your blenny. Mine hasn't responded to any of the food I've put in her tank (despite being from Diver's Den where they were supposedly feeding her) but it may be because I have insane numbers of pods. I've seen her eating those.

Be sure to send the original hollow belly photos to LA. The fish shouldn't have been shipped in that condition!

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry your blenny did not make it. At least you know you tried every thing. LA should give you a full refund but it is still heart breaking to have to watch the fish decline. 

27 minutes ago, gena said:

:tears:

I hope you try another again.  Such a sweet fish.  Sorry :(.

Thanks guys.  I hope to try again but it's disheartening to have lost every fish I've tried to get this summer.  I probably will send LA the pics just so they know what they sent out.  Ugh.

• Sad 3
GunslingerGirl

I am so sorry to hear about the blenny. Don't give up hope. Sometimes we all go through hard spells. Heck look at what my life was all summer. It makes us a better person.

Make sure you get your money back. Show them this thread for proof and time stamps.

• Like 1

Dang, you've had the worst luck this summer! And none of it your fault :(

I'm sure LA will honor the warranty if he doesn't make it, they do have a good reputation in that regard.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, GunslingerGirl said:

I am so sorry to hear about the blenny. Don't give up hope. Sometimes we all go through hard spells. Heck look at what my life was all summer. It makes us a better person.

Make sure you get your money back. Show them this thread for proof and time stamps.

Yep, this. :(:grouphug:

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I do expect my money back, just disappointed.  I'll move past it and try again sometime but I think I may wait a few weeks before trying again lol.  Maybe I'll just pick up a baby clown locally (from a different LFS :rolleyes: than Tally came from).

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Thanks guys.  I do expect my money back, just disappointed.  I'll move past it and try again sometime but I think I may wait a few weeks before trying again lol.  Maybe I'll just pick up a baby clown locally (from a different LFS :rolleyes: than Tally came from).

Sounds like a good plan!!!!  I hope we both have a two-spot blenny at the same time, one day :).  Next year is my goal :D.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I do hate that you lost him, he was so cute.

Shopping locally seems like a good idea. 

I need to do that myself in a week or two.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, gena said:

Sounds like a good plan!!!!  I hope we both have a two-spot blenny at the same time, one day :).  Next year is my goal :D.

That would be so great!  I'm sure I'll try again but maybe from Diver's Den this time. 

22 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I do hate that you lost him, he was so cute.

Shopping locally seems like a good idea. 

I need to do that myself in a week or two.

Yeah, just wish they had better nano livestock round here. Though there was a nice selection of frags at the second store I went to last week!

14 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Awe I'm so sorry to hear about your blenny, he was too cute! I hope LA makes it right for you, they have seemed very disappointing. 

Thanks, he sure was! I've had good overall experiences with them but they kinda really dropped the ball filling this order. I fully expect they'll give my money back at least lol. 

• Like 2

I am sorry about your blenny :( My experience with LA hasn't changed before or after Petco. LA has always had its ehhh why did you ship this fish moments and I even got an emaciated fish from DD once. This was all before Petco bought them. I really don't think anything has changed. That being said, they are still the best option if a person wants something unique with DD being preferred.  These guys show up on Divers Den a lot so waiting for one on there is the best bet imo. You can sign up for alerts of what is coming up that day, I basically stalk it. lol

Tailspots are sort of difficult to get eating/started, I would guess this little guy might be the same way.

• Like 3
On 9/7/2017 at 8:28 AM, Thunder Goose said:

So sorry about your blenny. Mine hasn't responded to any of the food I've put in her tank (despite being from Diver's Den where they were supposedly feeding her) but it may be because I have insane numbers of pods. I've seen her eating those.

Be sure to send the original hollow belly photos to LA. The fish shouldn't have been shipped in that condition!

That fish would have never left my facility. Bottom line is that most animals are treated like traded goods and it's get them in and get them back out, it's all about the bottom line.

• Like 4
On 9/8/2017 at 0:10 PM, Tamberav said:

I am sorry about your blenny :( My experience with LA hasn't changed before or after Petco. LA has always had its ehhh why did you ship this fish moments and I even got an emaciated fish from DD once. This was all before Petco bought them. I really don't think anything has changed. That being said, they are still the best option if a person wants something unique with DD being preferred.  These guys show up on Divers Den a lot so waiting for one on there is the best bet imo. You can sign up for alerts of what is coming up that day, I basically stalk it. lol

Tailspots are sort of difficult to get eating/started, I would guess this little guy might be the same way.

I agree, they do offer unusual stuff for people like me who have limited local access to neat livestock.  I do get the DD emails lol. 

51 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

That fish would have never left my facility. Bottom line is that most animals are treated like traded goods and it's get them in and get them back out, it's all about the bottom line.

So sadly true. :(

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I agree, they do offer unusual stuff for people like me who have limited local access to neat livestock.  I do get the DD emails lol. 

So sadly true. :(

Blue Zoo Aquatics has a "Collectors Choice" section.  I would check there for fish updates.  I have had excellent luck with their orders in general. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Blue Zoo has top notch stock as does NY Aquatic. Our first order with LA/DD was good, the next one was horrific.

Never heard of NY Aquatics....... going to check them out now. :)  

4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Blue Zoo Aquatics has a "Collectors Choice" section.  I would check there for fish updates.  I have had excellent luck with their orders in general. 

I have seen that before but have never ordered from them before. I'll start checking them out again.

42 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Blue Zoo has top notch stock as does NY Aquatic. Our first order with LA/DD was good, the next one was horrific.

Never heard of NY Aquatic either, I'll have to check them out too!

• Like 1
BustytheSnowMaam
On 9/8/2017 at 11:10 AM, Tamberav said:

I've found that the stuff I receive from LA's Wisconsin warehouse is in much better shape than the stuff I've received from their CA warehouse.  Maybe because I live here and it doesn't have to go as far if it comes from WI.  Did you ever visit Foster and Smith (LA) up in Rhinelander?  Their facility is incredible.  About 5 years ago they had frag swaps every year with lots of giveaways and stuff for the little kids to do, they were so much fun.  I don't know why they stopped doing them.  

• Like 1

Do you have a petco near you? I stopped in for cat litter and spoke with the new aquatics guy, and he said they can pretty much order whatever now that they own LA. He said they even have some latitude to have it shipped to your door directly, and use a coupon for free shipping or something. 

I asked him to try ordering different clowns so I could see if something I like comes in, but I have no obligation to buy anything. I used to feel bad supporting them, but it seems like buying from LA will be supporting them anyway. 

• Like 3
20 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

Do you have a petco near you? I stopped in for cat litter and spoke with the new aquatics guy, and he said they can pretty much order whatever now that they own LA. He said they even have some latitude to have it shipped to your door directly, and use a coupon for free shipping or something. 

I asked him to try ordering different clowns so I could see if something I like comes in, but I have no obligation to buy anything. I used to feel bad supporting them, but it seems like buying from LA will be supporting them anyway. 

:o Really??  I'm about an hour from Petco, maybe a little less, but if they have the ability to order just about anything...  That would be awesome! :D

Ya'll, I just got off the phone with Live Aquaria.  Not only did she refund me for the blenny, she was perfectly happy to extend the warranty on and refund me for the sponge and the gorgs since they have not done well! :o  Thanks LA! :D

• Like 7