Innovative Marine Aquariums

12x12 cube

patback

3 hours ago, patback said:

I got vetoed on Jack. Completely forgot if we have a son his name is gonna be Jack.  :duh:

He's pretty much a model citizen.  Hops around once in a blue moon, usually hanging out right next to the toadstool.   Really really likes his mysis

The pipefish disappeared however.  Not sure if it died or jumped and we just haven't found him.  Dead body tends to cover the smell of a small pipefish. :lol:

Oh, right......the kid.  Good call.  Save "Jack" for the boy!

I like that yellar gorg.......doing well?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Oh, right......the kid.  Good call.  Save "Jack" for the boy!

I like that yellar gorg.......doing well?

It's doing real well.  I wish I knew exactly what kind it is but it eats like a pig and sways well in the flow. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

More cat pictures plz

IMG_20170703_234354_170_1.jpg

20170703_231336.jpg

20170703_231356.jpg

The more colorful ones tail is about an inch or two longer than you'd expect. When she's real content and relaxed she likes to hold her entire tail up against her back, base and all.  From the little googling we did because it looked odd, there is apparently something called an American ring tailed cat. Pretty cool if that's what she is.  

I'll try to get a pic of her tail on her back tonight. It's wierd. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, patback said:

IMG_20170703_234354_170_1.jpg

20170703_231336.jpg

20170703_231356.jpg

The more colorful ones tail is about an inch or two longer than you'd expect. When she's real content and relaxed she likes to hold her entire tail up against her back, base and all.  From the little googling we did because it looked odd, there is apparently something called an American ring tailed cat. Pretty cool if that's what she is.  

I'll try to get a pic of her tail on her back tonight. It's wierd. 

I love two faced cats!!  I almost adopted one recently but my 18 year old cat wouldn't have appreciated it much. :)  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kimberbee said:

They are super cute!! Where did you get them? (breeder, shelter?) 

I always wanted a calico. When the guy upstairs died we were going to adopt his older tuxedo cat but my other neighbor that Erin works with took it in.  So Erin just happened to be on Craigslist and found these two sisters.  Some lady a few towns away works with an organization that catches strays and spays and nueters and releases the cats back. This particular mother she said she has been trying to catch for 4 years and finally got her, so she took them in until the kittens were old enough.  Two of the kittens went to a shelter and these two were already signed over by the time we emailed because she said she turned away so many potential owners.  She ended up liking us and did some juggling and got the shelter to release them back to her to give to us. So they are residues, but not really... if that makes sense..

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, patback said:

I always wanted a calico. When the guy upstairs died we were going to adopt his older tuxedo cat but my other neighbor that Erin works with took it in.  So Erin just happened to be on Craigslist and found these two sisters.  Some lady a few towns away works with an organization that catches strays and spays and nueters and releases the cats back. This particular mother she said she has been trying to catch for 4 years and finally got her, so she took them in until the kittens were old enough.  Two of the kittens went to a shelter and these two were already signed over by the time we emailed because she said she turned away so many potential owners.  She ended up liking us and did some juggling and got the shelter to release them back to her to give to us. So they are residues, but not really... if that makes sense..

Residues are the best!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Actually did a water change and scraped a half pound of algae off the glass.  Coral still look good though.  

Got married since my last post so the tank took a back seat.  

The only death was the feather star and that was today.  It was so small and breaking apart and barely moving a feather so I just pulled it out during maintenance.  I got a tube of aiptasia x ready to go once I make up some more water. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, patback said:

Actually did a water change and scraped a half pound of algae off the glass.  Coral still look good though.  

Got married since my last post so the tank took a back seat.  

The only death was the feather star and that was today.  It was so small and breaking apart and barely moving a feather so I just pulled it out during maintenance.  I got a tube of aiptasia x ready to go once I make up some more water. 

I guess this counts as an update....you a daddy yet?

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Congratulations on getting married!  Tank looks nice. :)

Thank you. :)  

I'm gonna try to get a new one soon but nothing has changed except aiptasia growth. 

• Haha 1