Coral Vue Hydros

Spectras "Beer Inspired" 100 days contest tank........

spectra

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Well no more peppermint shrimp in the tank :lol: not sure what it is but he picked the perfect spot where they like to hang out..............bad for them............I saw one dancing around the rock and well could see a little eyeball eying the shrimp........came back a while later and added a little brine shrimp for the snails and shrimp and well no shrimp to be seen :lol: 

Nom nom nom!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Coral_chef said:

Sounds expensive to keep.

Well if I get feeder shrimp they are cheaper. Hell this hobby isn't cheap :lol: 

Look at it this way a 18 pack of beer is 16 for the cheap stuff or 18 for a good 12 pack..........I don't mind spending a few bucks once a week for a shrimp ;) the little guy is cheaper than mu kids :lol: 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

It would be nice to see it catch a live fish

Well the thing is its small..........so I need a little fish..........I have some chromis but they are way to big for him........he was actually living with them and they were almost the same size as he was :lol: 

I have seen videos of them eating certain fish.......... I saw one where a tang disappeared...........

• Like 2
Nixperience
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well the thing is its small..........so I need a little fish..........I have some chromis but they are way to big for him........he was actually living with them and they were almost the same size as he was :lol: 

I have seen videos of them eating certain fish.......... I saw one where a tang disappeared...........

Wow! That's expensive lunch. 

17 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Ain't nothing compared to a mandarin..... ?

:lol:

Last week at an LFS I saw the TINIEST baby mandarin, only an inch or so long and about as big around as a pencil!  He was SOOOOO CUUUUUTE!!!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol:

Last week at an LFS I saw the TINIEST baby mandarin, only an inch or so long and about as big around as a pencil!  He was SOOOOO CUUUUUTE!!!

They really are cute 

• Like 1

Well the little guy is pissing me off................ :rant: he found a nice hole in the pukani and well moved in..........only way to see him now is from a top down view with the pump off.........lame.........hoping that he comes out as I invited a couple small green chromis over for dinner :haha: 

I even tore the tank apart and turned the rock upside down.........nope he wouldn't budge out of there. Tank looks like shit now and crap everywhere.........did take a quick shot before though.

IMG_3728.JPG

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Oh snap! That's frustrating for sure. 

Well the tank looks good in the photo! 

It is....... I want to see the little guy when I walk by the tank.......not have to go commando and pull out a light and stalk him :lol: 

Thanks! it looked ok until I turned the rock upside down hoping he would fall out.........tank is a mess now.

• Like 2

Oh I get that. A couple of my anemones have now moved to the back side of the rocks - can't even see them. 

I got another one that's sitting on top of another. And one that's folded itself into the crevice of a rock. 

It's like only half of them are behaving. This week's FTS may be kinda lame!

• Like 5

Well decided today to evict the little turd out of the rock.................yeah I am an asshole :lol: I was worried he was kind of stuck in there and well no way toget some food so..................pulled the rock out and went to town :o rock looks nothing the same now........no hidey holes now........

And just for reference this guy is small maybe an inch long if that. I snapped a few pics and well the nassarius snail is almost bigger :lol: and its small................oh and yes he is in a pee cup..................

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Can we rename him something easier.....RTF? 

Just call him Q for short ;) 

Hell RTF is to busy now.................he has better things to do :rolleyes:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, spectra said:

Just call him Q for short ;) 

Hell RTF is to busy now.................he has better things to do :rolleyes:

Q!!!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Q!!!

Works for me................only James Bond isn't running around the tank :lol:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, spectra said:

Works for me................only James Bond isn't running around the tank :lol:

Haha too bad!!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Haha too bad!!!

Not really those british people are just assholes :lol: and the beer may be good but the food :blink: I know a british guy and well the food he likes would make a goat puke................

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I still like my nickname of Qbie, but I suppose Q will do. :P  Is Q mad at you for taking away his hidey spot?

Who knows but I am sure he is :lol: Hell now wedged under the clove polyps and the rock they are next to..................but at least I can see him now omgomgomg

• Like 4
coralcousins
On 6/2/2017 at 5:53 PM, spectra said:

And just for reference this guy is small maybe an inch long if that

wow so tiny !

• Like 2