Pod Your Reef

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

4 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

I've got a good gardener I could refer if you need someone to trim the hedges.

Ha!! Yeah I may need to cut some of the macros ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stellablue said:

Back from a short trip to Vegas for work. The 14 is doing great! Tons of diatoms I had to blow off and some of the macros came loose, but it survived the week 

IMG_3145.JPG

Hoooraaaaay, looks wonderful!!!

Also, welcome back!!

• Like 1

Say hi to Bubba! Not sure that will be his name but he looks like a Bubba. I've got a few feeder shrimp in the tank so I hope he finds them. $130 down in the livestock value ?

IMG_3288.JPG

And today's FTS 

IMG_3258.JPG

• Like 10
36 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Say hi to Bubba! Not sure that will be his name but he looks like a Bubba. I've got a few feeder shrimp in the tank so I hope he finds them. $130 down in the livestock value ?

IMG_3288.JPG

And today's FTS 

IMG_3258.JPG

:wub::wub::wub:

It appears that some hedge-trimming may have occurred. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

I read  that as say hi to  Bubba-Not! Which is a pretty cute nane.  you should consider it. lol

:lol:  I like it!

3 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

:wub::wub::wub:

It appears that some hedge-trimming may have occurred. 

yeah stuff was a bit out of control!  I cut back some of the gracilaria and the caulerpa that went nuts when I was gone.

51 minutes ago, stellablue said:

IMG_3288.JPG

And today's FTS 

IMG_3258.JPG

:wub:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, stellablue said:

$130. That's a big chunk of the livestock budget. Oy. 

.....but worth every penny!

I need a Bubba. 

26 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I'm pretty sure Bubba doesn't think I can see him. I saw him lunge after a feeder shrimp but he missed! 

IMG_3309.JPG

Did he wiggle his little thingy around? 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

.....but worth every penny!

I need a Bubba. 

Did he wiggle his little thingy around? 

Not yet!!! I'm waiting to see that!! They are cool fish for sure but I think a Bubba would eat ladypop :blink: 

• Like 1
Just now, stellablue said:

Not yet!!! I'm waiting to see that!! They are cool fish for sure but I think a Bubba would eat ladypop :blink: 

She's gotten to be a big girl.....but I think he would totally eat my little hawk and Jack Squat. 

I've always wanted one though!

You need to get a video of him beebopping his fishing lure around!

.....in your spare time.

;)

• Like 3
Just now, jack1978 said:

She's gotten to be a big girl.....but I think he would totally eat my little hawk and Jack Squat. 

I've always wanted one though!

You need to get a video of him beebopping his fishing lure around!

.....in your spare time.

;)

Oh jack squat and the hawk for sure! I bought a Pom Pom crab but put it in the macro tank because I realized Bubba would eat it for sure!! 

I will definitely try to get a video! I am getting more feeder shrimp hopefully in the next couple days. I only had two left ?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Oh jack squat and the hawk for sure! I bought a Pom Pom crab but put it in the macro tank because I realized Bubba would eat it for sure!! 

I will definitely try to get a video! I am getting more feeder shrimp hopefully in the next couple days. I only had two left ?

Do those count as livestock?  I mean they are "live" when they go in there. lol  J/K  I'm sure they count as food as long as you don't get any decorative shrimp. lol  I do want cherry shrimp for my betta tank...  They'd prolly make good snacks though lol

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

Do those count as livestock?  I mean they are "live" when they go in there. lol  J/K  I'm sure they count as food as long as you don't get any decorative shrimp. lol  I do want cherry shrimp for my betta tank...  They'd prolly make good snacks though lol

Ha good point! I'll have to figure out how much they are per shrimp - I ordered 250 for $90 - I'll be putting in a few af a time and the rest will go in my various other tanks until Bubba needs a snack 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Ha good point! I'll have to figure out how much they are per shrimp - I ordered 250 for $90 - I'll be putting in a few af a time and the rest will go in my various other tanks until Bubba needs a snack 

How often does Bubba eat / get fed? 

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

He's cool! Also, I got really confused when I saw LPS in there. Then I realized this wasn't a weedy tank! :lol:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

How often does Bubba eat / get fed? 

I think no more than every other day. They run the risk of eating themselves to death. The good part is if I'm going away, I think putting a few shrimp in will hold him over until I'm back. So in that respect, feeding live is easier 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I'll have to figure out how much they are per shrimp - I ordered 250 for $90 - I'll be putting in a few af a time and the rest will go in my various other tanks until Bubba needs a snack

lol, I'm serious.  I'm sure it just counts food.  I was joking.  Because Kat said that copepods count as food not livestock.  So I would put feeder shrimp in the same category.  Now, if you put cleaner shrimp worth $40 in there and Bubba-Not eats it...  You can't go saying "Oh! it was food!" :P

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I think no more than every other day. They run the risk of eating themselves to death. The good part is if I'm going away, I think putting a few shrimp in will hold him over until I'm back. So in that respect, feeding live is easier 

No wonder I'm drawn to Bubba....we suffer from the same eating habits. 

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank