SaltCritters.com

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

46 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

How are you liking Florida Christy?  Looks like your tanks are settling in just fine. And I forgot you have the coolest cats.

Thanks. 😊

We are quite happy here. We lived in such a small area for so long that it’s nice to be somewhere with so many choices for everything. 

I still need to figure out what I want to do for work though. The thought of going back to what I did before or anything remotely corporate in nature makes me want to gag. 😅

• Like 7
8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I still need to figure out what I want to do for work though. The thought of going back to what I did before or anything remotely corporate in nature makes me want to gag. 😅

I hated the corporate world. It had its perks, like heath insurance and paid time off, but you pretty much have to sell your soul for that. I like my job now, except that I'm working 60+ hours a week because we can't find people to work. Want to move a little farther south and I'll give you a job? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

I hated the corporate world. It had its perks, like heath insurance and paid time off, but you pretty much have to sell your soul for that. I like my job now, except that I'm working 60+ hours a week because we can't find people to work. Want to move a little farther south and I'll give you a job? 

Soooo tempting. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

As expected, the reason the flame scallop suddenly appeared was because it was time to die. 🙁 

573CEAC5-181D-44FE-819F-C28AA023AEA5.thumb.jpeg.ef80ae0d48f1a64f17eb416f7849566a.jpeg

6490BDBF-A002-4DA8-B614-61703BF45F89.thumb.jpeg.dca2c61040d3c2043aa690fb55ccf0fd.jpeg

I was told those things don’t last long because when they’re harvested theyre already mature and have short lifespans. That electric one I had was seriously cool and lasted like two weeks? Bummer.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I was told those things don’t last long because when they’re harvested theyre already mature and have short lifespans. That electric one I had was seriously cool and lasted like two weeks? Bummer.

Yeah I knew they only live a few years and I’ve had this one for 2 1/2 I think. 

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yeah I knew they only live a few years and I’ve had this one for 2 1/2 I think. 

Now that is a goodly amount of time. I felt kind of cheated over mine. 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Now that is a goodly amount of time. I felt kind of cheated over mine. 

And... I'm out for the night🙃😆😆

darla_finding_nemo_by_digitalwideresource-d5ce49k.jpeg

• Haha 7
StinkyBunny

Those Flame scallops are a novelty, nothing more, nothing less. It's a shame they don't live longer. If you can find them, tropical abalones are REALLY cool and really long lived. Mouse just passed away after 6 years. 😞

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Those Flame scallops are a novelty, nothing more, nothing less. It's a shame they don't live longer. If you can find them, tropical abalones are REALLY cool and really long lived. Mouse just passed away after 6 years. 😞

Unique corals supposedly has captive bred and hybrids. Catch is the price tag, Reefcleaners also has them listed but I don't know when/if they may be getting some in.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Hi 👋 been a while. Loos like FL life is treating you well. Dm me just to shoot the shit, rant, and talk tanks. You know where to find me

You hiding ? Just put the shit out here……

hell you need therapy or something…..:unsure:

:tongueout:

• Haha 4
mitten_reef
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

You hiding ? Just put the shit out here……

hell you need therapy or something…..:unsure:

:tongueout:

Lol, maybe I do.  Been getting into a lot of the whole bourbon bs. Drink some, but don’t drink a lot of it. Def buy too much, kinda like coral issue. Here are some of my booze 😅

I guess, yeah, I have some addictive personality.  Have to always buy something. Corals just haven’t been “IT” for the past year, so I’ve been buying a lot of booze 

815E79DD-82E7-498A-ADC8-22DA622FDEF6.thumb.jpeg.014778c4ab99d2329c99055df84e23ab.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
ECLS Reefer
9 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Lol, maybe I do.  Been getting into a lot of the whole bourbon bs. Drink some, but don’t drink a lot of it. Def buy too much, kinda like coral issue. Here are some of my booze 😅

I guess, yeah, I have some addictive personality.  Have to always buy something. Corals just haven’t been “IT” for the past year, so I’ve been buying a lot of booze 

815E79DD-82E7-498A-ADC8-22DA622FDEF6.thumb.jpeg.014778c4ab99d2329c99055df84e23ab.jpeg

At least you’re up front about it. I’m still in denial of my coral/tank spending problems

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Hell I have a 20 gallon tank……no water change in 2 months and haven’t fed the tank in over a month…..not even sure I can see in the tank right now……

yeah I just enjoy some beer and that’s about it…….this tank stuff just doesn’t do it for me anymore…..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hell I have a 20 gallon tank……no water change in 2 months and haven’t fed the tank in over a month…..not even sure I can see in the tank right now……

yeah I just enjoy some beer and that’s about it…….this tank stuff just doesn’t do it for me anymore…..

I know how that feels. Yeah the past year-ish, I’ve been leaving the tank doing its things. It’s about to be ready for more attention. We’ll see

34 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

At least you’re up front about it. I’m still in denial of my coral/tank spending problems

At least you didn’t say the scotch problem, 🤣

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
41 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I know how that feels. Yeah the past year-ish, I’ve been leaving the tank doing its things. It’s about to be ready for more attention. We’ll see

At least you didn’t say the scotch problem, 🤣

I’d probably save a lot more money if it were just a scotch problem

• Haha 3
On 2/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, WV Reefer said:

Thanks. 😊

We are quite happy here. We lived in such a small area for so long that it’s nice to be somewhere with so many choices for everything. 

You have a 'puter cam? 

• Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.