ReefCleaners.org

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

On 11/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, StinkyBunny said:

128643203_1937877729694606_2738150361521

Holyshit

This is actually kind of doable with a 3d printer.  What is the easiest, most aggressive fish you can think of?

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, patback said:

Holyshit

This is actually kind of doable with a 3d printer.  What is the easiest, most aggressive fish you can think of?

My Flame Angel is a mean f*cker

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

My Flame Angel is a mean f*cker

ALL Centropyge angels are assholes. I had a Coral beauty that would put an 8" Maculosis Angel to flight if it got near the CB's territory. The male of the Mac pair finally got tired of its shit and spiked it with its gill spike. Our Emporer pair is hand tame, doesn't mess with anyone ever, same with the Annularis we have.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

ALL Centropyge angels are assholes. I had a Coral beauty that would put an 8" Maculosis Angel to flight if it got near the CB's territory. The male of the Mac pair finally got tired of its shit and spiked it with its gill spike. Our Emporer pair is hand tame, doesn't mess with anyone ever, same with the Annularis we have.

I wish there was a way to find a proven healthy, eating regal. That doesn’t nip corals. My little flame has been a mode citizen but for the green chromis that hates him. They are always going at it. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I wish there was a way to find a proven healthy, eating regal. That doesn’t nip corals. My little flame has been a mode citizen but for the green chromis that hates him. They are always going at it. 

I'd NEVER trust a Regal that didn't come out of The Red Sea, PERIOD! You're playing with fire. An Emporer from Sri Lanka or an Annularis from Sri Lanka I'd consider 80% reef safe. I've never seen either of them bother with SPS, they'll occasionally nip an LPS and go all out to destroy a clam. Their favorite goody in the whole world is clam or mussel on the 1/2 shell, they'll make no bones about mauling a Tridacnid clam of any sort. Her Cock's Comb clam would last a day, maybe 2 in my tank before Betty found it and sucked it out of the shell. It's the nature of the beast. Feeding clams, oysters and mussels is the fastest way to condition them for spawning.

Just now, StinkyBunny said:

I'd NEVER trust a Regal that didn't come out of The Red Sea, PERIOD! You're playing with fire. An Emporer from Sri Lanka or an Annularis from Sri Lanka I'd consider 80% reef safe. I've never seen either of them bother with SPS, they'll occasionally nip an LPS and go all out to destroy a clam. Their favorite goody in the whole world is clam or mussel on the 1/2 shell, they'll make no bones about mauling a Tridacnid clam of any sort. Her Cock's Comb clam would last a day, maybe 2 in my tank before Betty found it and sucked it out of the shell. It's the nature of the beast. Feeding clams, oysters and mussels is the fastest way to condition them for spawning.

So, if I fed them clam on a half shell or mussels they would leave the corals alone? 

Im not sure how to find a regal of such province that also is known healthy and hungry

11 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

So, if I fed them clam on a half shell or mussels they would leave the corals alone? 

Im not sure how to find a regal of such province that also is known healthy and hungry

Nope. Finding a Regal right now shouldn't be too hard out west. Shipments are spotty, but Red Sea critters are shipping. Regals can be hard to get eating and a Red Sea Regal is going to set you back an easy $200 for a small one, the larger they are, the cheaper they are. BA in Indonesia does breed them, but again, they're not cheap, seems $300-$400 is what I recall for retail. I'll have to look tomorrow when I get to the shop.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Nope. Finding a Regal right now shouldn't be too hard out west. Shipments are spotty, but Red Sea critters are shipping. Regals can be hard to get eating and a Red Sea Regal is going to set you back an easy $200 for a small one, the larger they are, the cheaper they are. BA in Indonesia does breed them, but again, they're not cheap, seems $300-$400 is what I recall for retail. I'll have to look tomorrow when I get to the shop.

Well if you happen to know a retailer of Red Sea regals let me know

1 minute ago, A.m.P said:

Mine looked fantastic until I had to rescape, hasn't really opened up since then, easily been a month =( Yours looks beautiful.

Mine is bitchy sometimes and will look crappy.....and then it’s fine again....... It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine is bitchy sometimes and will look crappy.....and then it’s fine again....... It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason. 🤷🏻‍♀️

One of my montis is being like that. I hope it’ll come back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

One of my montis is being like that. I hope it’ll come back. 

When I had my orange cap monti in the 12 gallon it died and came back so many times I lost count. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
37 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

When I had my orange cap monti in the 12 gallon it died and came back so many times I lost count. 

Well the rainbow monti in my Evo has pulled a Lazarus once so far. Hope this one will do the same though it’s in the big tank. Not sure if the light change got it or the bryopsis made it mad or it just decided to be a pissy coral.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Well the rainbow monti in my Evo has pulled a Lazarus once so far. Hope this one will do the same though it’s in the big tank. Not sure if the light change got it or the bryopsis made it mad or it just decided to be a pissy coral.

Honestly, I started dosing a bit of chaetogrow for the potassium and my Halo monti -which was browned out and barely growing for a year- suddenly exploded and turned skittles yellow.

• Wow 1
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

That ledge is JUST wide enough to be perfect. 

As long as he sticks to that ledge I’m ok with that.

someone also discovered the small tank. 

BBC7F8C9-C7D2-4EB6-A2F8-F1E9FC9F4DE2.thumb.jpeg.930a89a62d5af86fb9388934bdd5ec81.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

BBC7F8C9-C7D2-4EB6-A2F8-F1E9FC9F4DE2.thumb.jpeg.930a89a62d5af86fb9388934bdd5ec81.jpeg

You’re gonna have your hands full keeping them out of those tanks. They appear to have much naughty in them.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Hope you have sturdy lids!! 😮

No lids! 😄

....as long as they don’t electrocute  themselves or someone else I’m good 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Oh boy that cat looks mischievous 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Or until one of them does the thug life cat thing and knocks a nano tank down

Isn’t that kinda why we have cats?.... To watch them be dicks. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.