Innovative Marine Aquariums

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you :)

She is a Candy Stripe Pistol.  

How have you been?

She is beautiful. I've had a pistol long before with red and white stripes - called a Candycane pistol. I miss having a shrimp. They're quite entertaining to watch.

Doing not too good health-wise (as usual), but otherwise alright. Mostly keeping myself occupied by writing or crafting stories, with hopes of publication someday. How have you been otherwise? I haven't caught up with everyone else's tanks yet. But I think I'll drop by Kat's thread later. I miss talking to Flowermama though - wonder how she is. She has gorgeous RFA/mantis tanks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

She is beautiful. I've had a pistol long before with red and white stripes - called a Candycane pistol. I miss having a shrimp. They're quite entertaining to watch.

Doing not too good health-wise (as usual), but otherwise alright. Mostly keeping myself occupied by writing or crafting stories, with hopes of publication someday. How have you been otherwise? I haven't caught up with everyone else's tanks yet. But I think I'll drop by Kat's thread later. I miss talking to Flowermama though - wonder how she is. She has gorgeous RFA/mantis tanks.

I have been great.  Im glad it’s winter and things have slowed down some so I can relax. 

I havent seen Flowermama on here in a while. She needs to check in. :)  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

I like that cowrie I have a couple in my 100.

Funny how they look sometimes.

Snails are mostly boring....... at least the Cowrie looks cool when he’s out and about. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Snails are mostly boring....... at least the Cowrie looks cool when he’s out and about. 

Yep and it looks even better when its shell is covered. I see mine all the time sometimes a nice shiny shell other times they are covered.

• Like 1

I love the watchman/pistol pair lol - have they tried rescaping your sandbed yet?

And that starry blenny is beautiful. 

EDIT: Just realized the watchman/pistol pair was a video - not a pic. And yep, they're rescaping. :lol:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I love the watchman/pistol pair lol - have they tried rescaping your sandbed yet?

And that starry blenny is beautiful. 

EDIT: Just realized the watchman/pistol pair was a video - not a pic. And yep, they're rescaping. :lol:

They keep stealing things!  Luckily I have been catching them in the act but they made some shrooms disappear a while back. 

• Haha 3

They keep stealing things!  Luckily I have been catching them in the act but they made some shrooms disappear a while back. 

Yep I hate those things that steal................ I had a jawfish that wanted a jawbreaker for a door.............stupid fish..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

It's probably all stashed up neatly in their burrow. Well, *someone has to have some form of treasure to sacrifice to the Saltwater Gods. :happy:

• Like 1
On 11/16/2017 at 10:38 AM, WV Reefer said:

Mine fell over and broke so I might have a piece for you soon. 

................Right now I got the algae bloom so I can’t even see it! :lol:

Somehow I just saw this about the branching GSP, if you do end up having  a piece, let me know, when it gets warmer I'd be interested!

I tried to get some purple star polyps from Diver's Den the other week.  They sent me a chalice or something instead. :rolleyes:  Worst part is how long it took me to realize it! :lol:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Yep I hate those things that steal................ I had a jawfish that wanted a jawbreaker for a door.............stupid fish..........

Mine took a Kryptonite shroom.... I was super pissed about that one......and a hairy shroom. 

The hairy shroom crawled its way up from the depths:

5FD612A1-653E-47C9-B2D1-29642BBB011E.thumb.jpeg.368d8e921cf7b1052754b0216cef3adf.jpeg

Bad pic but it’s a survivor!

• Like 3
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Somehow I just saw this about the branching GSP, if you do end up having  a piece, let me know, when it gets warmer I'd be interested!

I tried to get some purple star polyps from Diver's Den the other week.  They sent me a chalice or something instead. :rolleyes:  Worst part is how long it took me to realize it! :lol:

Yeah mine fell off the plug and is just barely attached...... I’ll let it grow some more and then snip it and send you the plug.  

• Like 1

Yeah mine fell off the plug and is just barely attached...... I’ll let it grow some more and then snip it and send you the plug.  

That would be awesome!  I need spring to hurry up so it can get warmer outside and no worries about shipping things. :lol:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

If anyone needs some branching GSP I have some. I pulled out a chunk 6 inches long or so and tossed it in my macro tank. I grows like a weed for me.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Starfish just got chopped. :(

MP40 - 3

Reef Critters - 0

What starfish was this, if I might ask? Sorry to hear he got sliced and diced. I nearly lost a YCG once to a wavemaker few years back. Was nightmarish - especially after I heard the grinding sound the wavemaker made as my fish was rolled around in it. 

4 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

What starfish was this, if I might ask? Sorry to hear he got sliced and diced. I nearly lost a YCG once to a wavemaker few years back. Was nightmarish - especially after I heard the grinding sound the wavemaker made as my fish was rolled around in it. 

I had a small Red Fromia..... technically he is still alive but I don’t think he’ll make it.  I think he just got sucked in the crack because he was up there all the time. 

so far the MP40 has chopped up a RFA, Sassy the Sixline and the Starfish. :(  

8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I had a small Red Fromia..... technically he is still alive but I don’t think he’ll make it.  I think he just got sucked in the crack because he was up there all the time. 

so far the MP40 has chopped up a RFA, Sassy the Sixline and the Starfish. :(  

Ouch. Is there any way to cover the powerhead? I remember seeing a special foam-like pad that can be wrapped around the side grates of a wavemaker. Not sure if those things are still out there on the market, but I suppose it can be useful. My blenny (and all the blennies before him) likes to sit on the wavemaker when it's turned off for feedings. I have to always triple-check to make sure he's not perched on or in it before I turn the wavemaker on. I'd hate losing a fish to a wavemaker. 

Hope your fromia somehow makes it. 

• WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.