Pod Your Reef

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

1 hour ago, Sancho said:

I should come out of the lounge every now and than 😀 how did I miss this? 

😄 well, at least you’re here now. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Catching up on threads again.  Love the Starlord photobomb, it's the best! :lol:

On 1/31/2018 at 10:19 PM, WV Reefer said:

Yeah mine fell off the plug and is just barely attached...... I’ll let it grow some more and then snip it and send you the plug.  

On 2/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, spectra said:

If anyone needs some branching GSP I have some. I pulled out a chunk 6 inches long or so and tossed it in my macro tank. I grows like a weed for me.

Just saw spectra's post lol but whenever I figure out what the heck I'm doing with my tanks I will probably be totally up for the branching gsp if ya'll still have it. :smilie:

• Like 1
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Catching up on threads again.  Love the Starlord photobomb, it's the best! :lol:

Just saw spectra's post lol but whenever I figure out what the heck I'm doing with my tanks I will probably be totally up for the branching gsp if ya'll still have it. :smilie:

***50 notifications later*** 😄

I thought the GSP was crapping out on me but it’s regrouping and resurging. I’ll keep you posted. 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Where are you at? I am taking some to the LFS thus weekend as I am trying to clean up a tank.......It should make it priority I think as it is GSP........if you want some let me know.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

***50 notifications later*** 😄

I thought the GSP was crapping out on me but it’s regrouping and resurging. I’ll keep you posted. 

I know, I know.... :blush:  Sounds good, thanks!

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Where are you at? I am taking some to the LFS thus weekend as I am trying to clean up a tank.......It should make it priority I think as it is GSP........if you want some let me know.

I'm in NC, yeah I would expect priority is fine which is part of why I've refused to pay forty bucks or whatever from ebay. :lol: Sure, I'll take some, I can stick it somewhere for now, let me know what you want for shipping, etc. :happy:

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I know, I know.... :blush:  Sounds good, thanks!

I'm in NC, yeah I would expect priority is fine which is part of why I've refused to pay forty bucks or whatever from ebay. :lol: Sure, I'll take some, I can stick it somewhere for now, let me know what you want for shipping, etc. :happy:

Let me see what the box options are and will let you know. Hell 10 bucks would cover a small box I am sure but need to see what they have.

I could load the box with other goodies also........you like gorgonians?

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Let me see what the box options are and will let you know. Hell 10 bucks would cover a small box I am sure but need to see what they have.

I could load the box with other goodies also........you like gorgonians?

Yes!!!  Yes, I do! :biggrin:

• Like 3

I’m sitting here catching up on work and I hear splashing.....

Sometimes the MP40’s kick up quite a wave so it’s not unusual to hear the smacking sound of water.....

But when I continue to hear the sound, I turn around and see Angel bobbing up and down at the surface.  😞  My first thought was that she was chopped by the Vortech, but she had no wounds.  I scooped her up and it looked like she had something stuck inside her mouth!

I used my finger nail to work her mouth and then squeezed her a bit and whatever it was popped right out.  She’s fine now. 😅

First time using the Heimlich maneuver on a fish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 4
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Sometimes the MP40’s kick up quite a wave so it’s not unusual to hear the smacking sound of water.....

But when I continue to hear the sound, I turn around and see Angel bobbing up and down at the surface.  😞  My first thought was that she was chopped by the Vortech, but she had no wounds.  I scooped her up and it looked like she had something stuck inside her mouth!

I used my finger nail to work her mouth and then squeezed her a bit and whatever it was popped right out.  She’s fine now. 😅

WTF was in there...................

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, spectra said:

WTF was in there...................

Who the hell knows...... she’s an angelfish—

she’ll eat anything! 😂

looked like a piece of sand or rock..... she couldn’t swallow it and she couldn’t spit it out. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, teenyreef said:

How's the angelfish doing after your life-saving procedure? I'm hella impressed! 

She has been great! 😄 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

From now on, I pronounce you fish-Jesus!  😂

📜From this day forward I shall travel the earth with, Angel the Resurrected, and lay hands on others to ease and cure their afflictions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

📜From this day forward I shall travel the earth with, Angel the Resurrected, and lay hands on others to ease and cure their afflictions. 

Well than get your ass over here and touch my ####ed off euphylia 

• Haha 4
23 hours ago, Sancho said:

Well than get your ass over here and touch my ####ed off euphylia 

For a small donation, that could be arranged. 🙏🏻

😄

• Haha 1
On 5/26/2018 at 8:07 PM, WV Reefer said:

Good job.  A swear a large pellet killed my female Anthias.  Fine one day, gone the next, and I don't lose fish very often.  I'm sticking to very small food for everyone.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, markalot said:

Good job.  A swear a large pellet killed my female Anthias.  Fine one day, gone the next, and I don't lose fish very often.  I'm sticking to very small food for everyone.  

If I hadn’t been there I never would have believed it.....craziest reefing experience yet. 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I saved the damn Angel again last night!  What is the deal with this fish? ??‍♀️ I saw her swimming weird and went over to the tank and she had something blocking her mouth again!

I grabbed her by the tail to get ahold of her and gave her a squeeze and it popped right out. Looked like a chunk of substrate or something. 

Weird sh*t. 

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I saved the damn Angel again last night!  What is the deal with this fish? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I saw her swimming weird and went over to the tank and she had something blocking her mouth again!

I grabbed her by the tail to get ahold of her and gave her a squeeze and it popped right out. Looked like a chunk of substrate or something. 

Weird sh*t. 

You just stopped her from depositing another sacrifice to appease the invisible fishy Gods. The Watchman will tell you. He guards the entrance to the sacred salty underworld. 😐

• Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.