Top Shelf Aquatics

WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.

WV Reefer

On 7/4/2018 at 7:52 AM, A Little Blue said:

To all those scared to keep/try one I would say, get the aquacultured one. 

Very pretty coral. 

DAA58F45-F68D-4681-864F-AEBECC322E2B.jpeg.4b27cbbd706ac26ee19042f4c3ec4971.jpeg

Every time I get one it looks great for 6 months or so than out of knowhere they shit the bed  :blink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

Every time I get one it looks great for 6 months or so than out of knowhere they shit the bed  :blink:

Thats everything in your tank not just the gonis.............your kids are poisoning your tank........

• Haha 3

I think my reputation as a healer has spread throughout the reef and the fish are getting reckless.

Gary the Fairy was doing his best dolphin impersonation at the top of the tank all morning. I left for a bit and when I came back he was pretty dry and stuck on the floor. I picked him up and moved him back and forth while pressing his little sides and he started to breath! Yay! He made his little “cocoon” and chilled for a while and now he’s all good. 

He has a little wound on his side but hopefully no brain damage! 😅

FAB5DA42-06A4-4181-8244-E828C2F09A46.thumb.jpeg.da59ebf095ccf973bedf9b2b1c534886.jpeg

Best pic I could get...... you can see his little wound. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy again:

New guy:

He’s so pretty!  I had to have another angel after Angel died.... I missed the “angel” personality. 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
57 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This guy again:

New guy:

He’s so pretty!  I had to have another angel after Angel died.... I missed the “angel” personality. 

Soon I'll have a big enough tank to get one 👍

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

i always want a flame angel too.  such a nice show piece fish with the bright color and active movement

He definitely stands out!  So far he has fit right in with the others and has eaten everything I’ve offered. 

23 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Soon I'll have a big enough tank to get one 👍

Yay!!

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

He definitely stands out!  So far he has fit right in with the others and has eaten everything I’ve offered. 

Yay!!

Still planning and saving. I have no clue what to get for lights.... Don't wanna go broke so will see...I'm hoping to find a deal on something, also gonna sump it cause I wanna have a minimalist scape so I'm gonna load the sump with rock. Don't think I'm gonna skim though....

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Still planning and saving. I have no clue what to get for lights.... Don't wanna go broke so will see...I'm hoping to find a deal on something, also gonna sump it cause I wanna have a minimalist scape so I'm gonna load the sump with rock. Don't think I'm gonna skim though....

I started out with an existing Aquaticlife t5 quad fixture.... then when the t5 hybrid came out I went for that...... you can’t beat the price even after purchasing your led’s to go in it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

CHESTER!!!!!! Love him!

Me too!

He just so.........flaming! 😄

Tommy and Gary tried to beat him up but he proved he could hang and now they are all best friends. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Me too!

He just so.........flaming! 😄

Tommy and Gary tried to beat him up but he proved he could hang and now they are all best friends. 

Loved mine .. well for about a week then he gave my tank velvet the gift that keeps on giving 😂.. prob shouldn't have had him a small 32 gallon well at least a cube. He made me dizzy watching him go round and round it was like full on nascar in my cube for a week 😫

Cool fish I might try one again in the new tank.. I am kinda afraid of them nipping at corals though

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had been over feeding because I wanted to make sure Chester was getting enough food and gave myself the clap. 🤦🏻‍♀️

DA2EE57A-678E-4315-B73B-423100E340C4.thumb.png.fde5fa94342d37cdf643c8f4c1f4ad87.png

😂

water change time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
mitten_reef
21 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I had been over feeding because I wanted to make sure Chester was getting enough food and gave myself the clap. 🤦🏻‍♀️

DA2EE57A-678E-4315-B73B-423100E340C4.thumb.png.fde5fa94342d37cdf643c8f4c1f4ad87.png

😂

water change time!

How's Chester with SPS, and Acros? Can you even have any acros in your big dirty tank?

My tank is fairly dirty but not as dirty as yours, I only run basic filter pads on the fancy intank rack - floss, carbon, and phosphate. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, micoastreefing said:

How's Chester with SPS, and Acros? Can you even have any acros in your big dirty tank?

My tank is fairly dirty but not as dirty as yours, I only run basic filter pads on the fancy intank rack - floss, carbon, and phosphate. 

Chester seems to be ok with everything.......so far!

i do have a few acros here and there...... mostly cheapies to see how they do. Lots of montipora and birdsnest. 

I had a pretty dark green Acro in the small tank........my monti couldn’t fight it straight up so it grew around and overtop it “passive aggressive” style. 😂. It’s still under there. 

• Like 2

Received an order from Aquarium Depot on Tuesday....... got some pods for both tanks, some tiny hermits, a few snails and decided to get a CBS.

The poor dude molted during the trip and lost both claws and a few legs. I was sure he was a goner but the dude is out and about threatening the fish already. 😄hopefully he makes it so he can get some new parts.  

Horrible pic:

A69EDA1A-ACD9-4730-BA87-1E7BF37E4228.thumb.jpeg.2879e4c99e88f22afa74ed1c40ba5d24.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 3
Snow_Phoenix
8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Received an order from Aquarium Depot on Tuesday....... got some pods for both tanks, some tiny hermits, a few snails and decided to get a CBS.

The poor dude molted during the trip and lost both claws and a few legs. I was sure he was a goner but the dude is out and about threatening the fish already. 😄hopefully he makes it so he can get some new parts.  

Horrible pic:

A69EDA1A-ACD9-4730-BA87-1E7BF37E4228.thumb.jpeg.2879e4c99e88f22afa74ed1c40ba5d24.jpeg

Hope he makes it! I've had a Saron Shrimp (very long time ago) arrive with only three legs and a claw before from the LFS, but he regrew all of them within a couple of molts.

On a sidenote, I've been hunting high and low for a blue-banded CBS at my LFS for nearly 2 years now. That, and the yellow CBS are smaller and more docile. This regular CBS are badasses. Heard they'd go after any small fish, which was why I refrained from keeping one. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Hope he makes it! I've had a Saron Shrimp (very long time ago) arrive with only three legs and a claw before from the LFS, but he regrew all of them within a couple of molts.

On a sidenote, I've been hunting high and low for a blue-banded CBS at my LFS for nearly 2 years now. That, and the yellow CBS are smaller and more docile. This regular CBS are badasses. Heard they'd go after any small fish, which was why I refrained from keeping one. 

Most of my fish are dicks so he should fit right in. He has no weapons and still, all he has to do is posture and they scatter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Nano Nano Boo Boo
On 8/8/2018 at 1:32 PM, WV Reefer said:

😂

water change time!

I laughed way too hard at this, hahaha! Congrats on the Duncan’s. One of my favorite corals as they are always happy!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my end caps put on the light and it looks much better now. 

If anyone reading this has an Aquaticlife T5 hybrid that needs 16” endcaps, I have a pair due to them sending me the wrong size.  

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 75 Gallon Big and Dirty.