Top Shelf Aquatics

Hawaii 2-0 : Red Sea Reefer Nano : Our second slice of paradise

moosubi

9 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Very nice tank!  I really like the scape :) 

Thank you! Yours as well, especially the unicorn cupcakes! :P

5 hours ago, gogeta said:

Tank is looking really good! And the rational to yourself to start the office tank is even better haha 

Thank you as well, I've got a rescued Ruby Red Dragonet in there now as well eating mysis right out of the baster :)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Melfy77 said:

LOVE LOVE your tank!!!! What's the size? Used to have a pair of Clarki and they would lay eggs all the time:D soooo fun to watch!!

It's a Reefer Nano, 28 total gallons, 21 display. Loving it so far!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Flexin said:

I like that cup!!

I do as well :)  Mine came in yesterday and I expected to have to do a bit of grinding, but to my surprise, fits just like the sock it replaced.  Took out the reactor, bagged carbon in the cup, with some floss on top, just rip a chunk of floss out every few days.  I liked the idea of reusing socks, but eventually even those get so gunked up they need to be replaced...

2 hours ago, SavaS said:

Awesome looking tank, everything looks great, I really like the scape. Nice work! 

Thank you!  It's a bit different now with all the new growth, I need to snap a pic, but I need to find my yellow filter...

Some long overdue updates:

PwDXlEn.jpg

New Rose Bubble nem

Bottom left corner is my (I think snail murdering) Elegance (has anyone else had this experience?)

Hammer, another Duncan, Scoots the Red Scooter Blenny, 2 Banggais, a Firefish, and Bob the Builder Pistol Shrimp

We ended up having to give the Starry Blenny away since he was getting too aggressive in both tanks, but he found a cool 200 gallon local home, so we're happy about that!

• Wow 1

Happy New Year!  Dirty glass, quick pics, quick update(s) :)

o11jChf.jpg

Nem split a while back, got to watch it happen and I must say it's a strange process...  Otherwise, everything is running and growing nicely, ATO fuge conversion is running well.  There's a little less coral in the tank than last time cause, of course...

Bu2BGN2.jpg

Nuvo 20 Peninsula, courtesy of black friday, to replace the 10g (hoping to make this a nice rock flower tank).  The two clowns in there are loving it, and the goby/pistol have already made their little burrows.

• Like 1