ReefCleaners.org

Duderubble's Lagoon of Rubble - a lounge rat's contest tank.

duderubble

duderubble

Side view of the scape. The tan is easily viewable from 3 sides so I plan to put corals all the way around the mountain. Maybe I'll slip in the embarrassing stuff like xenia, gsp and sun coral in the back. 

20170520_162300.jpg

• Like 5

Very clean setup.  Really like that side shot.  Your stand looks great, nice work!

Are you finding the pump loud in the Lagoon 25?  I ask because of the pump noise of the IM 14P that the contestants were experiencing.

• Like 2
duderubble

I replaced the stock pump with a lifeguard quiet one. Which is, in fact, quite quiet. I used the stock pump to mix water and it is noticeably louder. 

duderubble

So I've decided that I'm too ignorant to run the nanobox duo. It was used but it shipped to me directly from Dave at nanobox. I've been in contact with him several times but I so far haven't seen any light come out of it. 

The Reefbreeders fixture will be here Friday and hopefully will be simple enough for a simpleton. Also hopefully my mangroves last that long. I have a ghetto led floodlight over them to tide them over. 

On an unrelated note, anyone good with led lights need a nanobox duo used?

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, calvin said:

Don't be ashamed. A lot of older people find modern technology daunting.

Like me. :D

• Haha 1
duderubble

It's an older one with the storm controller. As far as I can tell no wiring diagram exists and there are three separate unlabeled plugs to fit somewhere on a series of about 30 pins. I think I have the three separate transformers correct. I don't know at what point you decide it's not you. I guess I don't get why you wouldn't design it to have one plug and have the rest hard wired. 

duderubble

Yeah it's the storm x. Which really would be perfect for me with no wifi. If there were better documentation available I think it would be ok. I assume it's not broken since the shipping label says it came to me directly from Dave who had done some work on the controller. 

I thought about upgrading the controller but I'm not sure I'm ready for the ordeal. I'd like to sell it assuming the Reefbreeders works for me but who wants to buy it if I've never even been able to confirm that it even lights up. 

reeftankguy
12 hours ago, duderubble said:

You messing with me?

No not at all. I have their Nano LED and its pretty simple. I use my old iPhone 4s to control it. It has the stormy/cloudy and lightning mode like you mentioned above.

duderubble

I think mine is easier still. It goes on and it goes off at preset times. Blue and white can come on and off at different times but there's no fade in and out sunrise and sunset.  It's the perfect light for a cheap old dude who has now spent more than a new nanobox duo on lights. 

duderubble

One of the hermit crabs crawled almost all the way to the top of the mountain several inches out of the water. I didn't know they would do that. I wish I haD taken a picture but I was worried for his health and dropped him back in, lol. 

• Like 2
duderubble

They call them reef hermits so I assumed they were supposed to stay wet, lol. 

Maybe they'll start playing king of the mountain. I plan to plant something up there. Maybe an air plant maybe a succulent of some variety. I hope they don't bother it. 

• Like 1
reeftankguy
38 minutes ago, duderubble said:

They call them reef hermits so I assumed they were supposed to stay wet, lol. 

Maybe they'll start playing king of the mountain. I plan to plant something up there. Maybe an air plant maybe a succulent of some variety. I hope they don't bother it. 

Hmmmm... Maybe there is a difference in Hermit crab types. I'm sure he would have went back in the water when he needed too unless of course he was tired of living. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
duderubble

Reef breeders light arrived. Up, running and programed in about 20 minutes. This is the light for the elderly. 

New FTS is on the first post of the thread. 

I'll post a shot of the zoa frag I got once it's out a little better. 

20170526_161144.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1