Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SNG's 40b...new pics 2-6-18

slowngreen

Kent is around 540 at 1.026. My all is 8.5, or at least is when it's matched to my fresh water change. It drops about .5 in a day and calcium drops about 20.

So I just tested again and I'm right at my 540 and 8.5 mark. Thats with dosing 90cal and 20alk once a day. I'm excited to have the dosing figured out now. I have a doser on its way that should be here Monday. Now that I have my amounts dialed in, shouldn't be no headaches getting it going. 

Should I have the doser spread out the 90ml through several doses daily rather than one or two? 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Should I have the doser spread out the 90ml through several doses daily rather than one or two? 

I think you are fine just as long as you don't change calcium more than 50 ppm per day.  Same with alkalinity, you don't want to raise alkalinity more than 1.4 dKH per day.

• Like 1

Thinking today is the day I try to do something about my bubble algae that plagues the back side of my rock. I've syphoned them out every water change but I've had an explosion of them recently. Figured I'd pull my rocks out and remove them then h2o2 where they were as fast as I can before putting my rock back in. Crappy thing is I've glued so much of my rock together.

Manually removed as much bubble algae as I could find today, then spot treated everywhere it was with H2o2. Would it be a good idea to get some Vibrant and start dosing it now?

Off to a great start with the t5's...had a George Costanza arm twitch and knocked the fixture into my tank. Broke a few pieces of sps but I got them glued to new spots so hopefully they will be ok. Light is ok too so its not as bad as it could have been.

24 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

... knocked the fixture into my tank.

I did that once.  Everything was fine for several years, then it started tripping my GFCI.  The ballast went bad (must have gotten a little saltwater into it).  Make sure you clean and dry everything off well to help prevent rust/corrosion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the subject would have to be almost touching the lens in order to focus on it.  I don't feel this would work well for taking pictures of coral.  To me anyway, it looks like you are already getting some decent macro shots.

• Like 1