Top Shelf Aquatics

Goby picture thread~!

rock12

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some of those guys at the LFS, I almost bought one too, but it is a good thing i didn't Liveaquauria recomends at least a 50 gallon aquarium for em

paintedcoralgoby.jpg

i think it's called a painted coral goby (that's what the LFS called it)

i have 2 of these guys - only fish in my 2 foot tank at present. they hang out at opposite ends of the tank usually. they like watching me, but dont like me watching them.

also, not feeding well at all... any hints on how to get them to eat?

Grace

Question: Im very interested in getting a yellow goby watchman for my JBJ nano. Is the rule that if you get a pair, that they should be mated? Otherwise if not will they fight?

I plan on getting a Pistol shrimp as well. The idea of them being an odd couple relationship in the tank is appealing. The yellow goby would be a beautiful contrast to purple corraline!

• 1 month later...

I got a randali goby, but he is always in the back of the tank, and I can not get a good picture of him.

I can see him sometimes by looking at the side of the tank, maybe I can get a photo one day.

ifynanceu, I just got some of those super-yellow-glow-under actinics-polyps today, they are awesome.

Here's my yellow goby. I've had him for 3 days now. When I first got him he looked nice and plump like the other yellow gobies on this thread, but for some reason as soon as I put him in my tank he looks shriveled up. He eats twice a day so I don't think he's starving. Behavior seems normal too. Anyone else experience this?

coral017.jpg

• 2 years later...
mithossparky

thats what i want in my 20h tank the yasha and shrimp combo, would love to get a pair though, how long should i wait after the cycle for these guys?

Thanks PieNinja!

I actually started to look for them on a local reef forum along with the multiple LFS and my search was answered by a local with a pair....for a really good price too!

mithossparky, I waited about three months afterwards after everything settled down cause all the prices I found were sky high to lose them to unstable water conditions.

Thanks PieNinja!

I actually started to look for them on a local reef forum along with the multiple LFS and my search was answered by a local with a pair....for a really good price too!

mithossparky, I waited about three months afterwards after everything settled down cause all the prices I found were sky high to lose them to unstable water conditions.

becareful as they are jumpers

Archived