ReefCleaners.org

Goby picture thread~!

rock12

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i haven't even been able to find one pistol in NC yet and now Live aquaria is even out of em, if i cannot find one by this weekend i would pay a lot of money to have someone go to thier lfs and pick me one up and ship it to me pm me if anyone can help, I have had one on order now for ummm I cannot remember, i know it was the first invert i wanted to add to my tank and still have not found one, are they that rare?

I like my women bbq'd, undertheradar u should try that instead of battered or plain it's got that good smokey taste u know

whats the difference between a blenny and a goby,,,,, and what is their purpose?

Both bottom dwellers...two entirely different groups. Distinction can be based on dorsal fin morphology: most (but not all) blennies have one distinct top fin; while most gobies have 2 distinct top fins.

Each have a ridiculous number of species and diversity within their respective groups.

Gobies have some of the best sand-sifters, IMO.

Blennies have some of the best algae-grazers, IMO.

But so many different species, that it's hard to give a specific purpose or generalization that will adequately cover each group.

that is a good idea i think i might try that myself, cept for my pistol and goby are both a lil bit larger, and i think they know when i have the cam out because the pistol will almost never come out when i am waiting with the camera in hand

This guy was getting cleaned by my skunk shrimp this morning, and he was moving his jaw back and forth like he was going to release his man eggs.

Oct25-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

aint he awsome. found this pic of him on rc and have been trying to get one for meself but they are really really hard to find so i'll just have to keep trying. I'll get you da link in a minute just gotta find it

Archived