Innovative Marine Aquariums

Goby picture thread~!

rock12

TurboBrett,

that's a FREAKIN SWEET pic of your hi fin. I can never get pics like that of mine (mainly cuz I have no photography skills)...

Do you have a pistol shrimp buddy for your hi fin? Post some pics of them together if you do.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Clowns Gobies and Red Banded Hi Fin Gobies :D I set up my new 10 gallon like yesterday, it has 20 lb of BLACK sand and 15-17 lb of live rock in there (the Live Rock is already cured, transfered it from my old Mini Bow7), soon as i get some glass pieces to cover the top of my tank, I will be adding those 2 fish :DB)

well to much for getting anything! My lfs is way over priced! Every coral no matter what kind or how small is $60+ and there gobies are around $50! I don't know where i'm going to get my fish!

clownTR-$30

clown(wild)-$50

Originally posted by otedd

i guys,

i have soem question regarding goby and coral

i just get my small yellow goby for 4 days. since i put he ( i think X)  ) in my tank, he always playing around and stay in one of my coral (picture below).

Then it make my coral not bloom again / flowering again. i think because the coral are sensitif to touch.

is this will stressing my coral ?

attachment.php?postid=315445  

thank you  :P

As long as he doesn't actually bite off the polyps that are on it, you should be fine. I had a similar situation where my yellow clown goby killed my gorgonian tree, by him biting off the polyps that extend out. I think the reason for this is because some gobies, especially yellow clown gobies do not like new corals coming into there territory and or they just like to play a little too rough will the corals, thus killing them :|.

dont get discouraged rocky! your future is brighter than you think! ;)

sometimes you can do a good job by NOT buying. patience, grasshopper. all things come to those who wait.

nalbar

lol! I know! I'm going to try and get corals in first and speraticaly add more inverts, and then go for the fish(was thinking agout buying at the time cuz my mom offfered[only thing she is willing to pay for] but decied against it beacuse i thought i should wait and my mom didn't want to pay that much eaither)! I'm still discouraged though, and i don't know where i'm going to get my fish and even inverts cuz there expensive there too! $26 for a cleaner!i don't know what i'm going to do:*(! I wish i lived in Calie or back in AZ, i know that fish and stuff isn't as pricy there! Uhhhhh gosh darnit stupid store trying to rip people off! I hate that! You know the sad thing is there are people who actualy pay $60 at that store for a small coliny of GSP w/ about 15max polyps! That makes me mad:rant:! I don't know where i'm going to get my fish now when the time comes but i'll have to look around more, its the only thing to do i gusse!lol! Oh well! I know, i hope good stuff does come to me for patience!lol!

How about ordering livestock from the internet? I order most of mine from the online vendors. I figure if you buy enough, the shipping cost will be less significant. and probably cheaper than your LFS anyways.

like check out liveaquaria.com since their shipping is one of the lowest and if you get more than $175 worth of fish, corals, and inverts, the shipping is free....

or if you wanna pay more but get better quality, go to the usuals like coralsandbar.com or thelogicalreef.com, etc etc etc.

Actually I think liveaquaria's livestock facility is in wisconsin...not positive where in wisconsin tho (not sure how big your state is), but maybe you could just go pick them up and not deal w/ the shipping. I do that with marindepot.com here in LA.

yeah its in wisconsin, the only thing about the free shipping is i can' spend $175!lol! I don't even have $40!lol! I wish i could!lol! I go on that site everyday empty my shoping cart and always add what i want in it to see what my dream inverts/corals/fish ect would be!lol! Its realy fun, to bad i couldn'y buy from them though!lol!

Cool pictures of gobys! I love gobys... I even have a freshwater tank full of gobys. Does any one have any pics of a goby and pistol shrimp? I want to get a pair of gobys w/ a shrimp or just one and the shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question?, should i go ahead and get a green clown goby before i introduce corals into the tank, or should i wait till i have corals in so that the fish will fell more comfortable

i have a question?, should i go ahead and get a green clown goby before i introduce corals into the tank, or should i wait till i have corals in so that the fish will fell more comfortable

heres my old buddy... O the pain... :*(

9197rip.jpg

F orever you'll be remembered

I and you's happy memories

R iping pain in my heart

E nding your life so young

F irefish, firefish

I will never forget

S ob fireshrimp

H omicide at last.

THAT WAS HOW HE DIED... :*(

Archived