Pod Your Reef

Goby picture thread~!

rock12

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow thats a nice pic! I'm deciding on getting a yellow watchman or a wheelers watchman....but that pic does all justice. I just need to see one of the wheeler now!lol! Gobies are soooo cute!

danielmiller82

Here is a Goby that I caught a couple weeks ago, although sad to say...he jumped out of the tank and I was too late when I found him...I couldnt get him to keep breathing. Sad Sad.

But anyways..I dont know what kinda of goby it is...but from the fin placement and body type, I can tell it is some kinda of goby.

danielmiller82

I caught It near on some jetties at about 9:30 at night. I live in pensacola, FL. I also caught 3 nassarius snails, a large snail (looks like a fighting conch) 2 Molly Miller Blennies and a Sergeant Major damsel. There are literally thousands of them! I caught about 8 or 9 damsels...but kept one...cause I liked his size(although I wish I would have kept about 4 tiny about 1/2 inch ones)

hey dan you throwing a cast net for these or what? well it'd have to be a shrimp net. cast net would be to big. but anyway how are you catching these?

brahm~your pictures are killer! How much(if you don't mind me asking) were those second goby's? I was going to get some, but i saw they were like $40 at my lfs! Is that how much they run?

rwillie3~ cute picture!

Not perching:

3600goby2-med.jpg

I have two other pics of him in my gallery of it perching, if your interested. They have great personalities and learn real quick who feeds them and when feeding time is.

danielmiller82
Originally posted by offsprg01

hey dan you throwing a cast net for these or what? well it'd have to be a shrimp net. cast net would be to big. but anyway how are you catching these?

actually I just used a hand net...one of the short handled ones... Kinda like the ones that you use to get brim and small bass out of the water.

Archived