Top Shelf Aquatics

Urbanek's ADA Trio

urbaneks

8 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Speaking of "legacy" corals from your other tanks, I hope to see the pearlberry making an appearance here soon. Do you still have access to that colony or its lineage?

Ahh, the Pearl Berry!  It's still one of my favorites.  I sent about 20 of my favorite frags to another local reefer's house when I moved but unfortunately most did not survive.  I did sell/give lots of it away before I broke that tank down so there is a lot of it locally.  It will definitely make it's way back into this system. 

7 hours ago, Rehype said:

you forgot to stand in the picture with the same outfit as your avatar lol ;)

That would make the photo!

46 minutes ago, Asureef said:

Another masterpiece in the works! 

I too still have my blastos from my very first nano!! :)

It hasn't grown much, it was getting its butt kicked in my 40g by a Yuma.  

Thanks so much for the view and comment!  The blastos are survivors.  I'd love to get my hands on a few different colors. 

June 4th, 2017 - Photo Update

The journal flipped over to a new page so it needs a few new photos.  Here are a couple that I took today. 

FRS3_zpsiaub9ctt.jpg

We will start out with a FTS/FRS

NeonGoby_zpskb07iozy.jpg

ORA Neon Goby

Acan1_zps2f6mbzpc.jpg

Latest Acan Addition

• Like 10
11 minutes ago, Bowen1022 said:

Forgive me if you posted this already, what does your light schedule look like?

Thanks for the view and question.  My exact lighting schedule is shown below.  As for settings, I'm emulating the SPS program that is on the EcoTech website but with my Hydras.  You set a ratio of 4.16 to 1 where the 4.16 is on the Violet, UV, Blue and Royal Blue and the 1 is on White, Red and Green.  I followed this ratio and increased it until I hit the PAR readings that I wanted in the upper third of the tank.  For me this is 50% V, UV, B, RB and 12% W, G, R. 

LightSchedule_zpsmhkgwjxp.jpg

• Like 3

June 5th, 2017 - Photo Update

Here are a couple more photos that I took this weekend.

GOWLaL_zpsn3vhupu5.jpg

Unknownn Acros - Purchased as a maricultured from LFS.  I really like where this is headed. 

PCRainbow_zpscvsm6j2v.jpg

PC Rainbow - Recently purchased from Battle Corals

NorthStar_zps7hdewlpq.jpg

North Star Clathrata - Recently purchased from Battle Corals  I have high hopes for this one.  The pic is not great and colors are just starting to show

StarBlen_zpsolqpg0oi.jpg

Marvin - The Starry Blenny

• Like 11

June 13th, 2017 - Tailspot Blenny

Here are a couple shots of my latest addition.  Like most Blennys, ton's of personality. 

Lenny_zpsegy24y5b.jpg

TailSpot_zpsz9tvr00k.jpg

• Like 10
12 minutes ago, urbaneks said:

June 13th, 2017 - Tailspot Blenny

Here are a couple shots of my latest addition.  Like most Blennys, ton's of personality. 

Lenny_zpsegy24y5b.jpg

TailSpot_zpsz9tvr00k.jpg

I just love their little faces!!

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin
39 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

me too!  they are such great fish.  mine makes me crack up all the time, the way he'll poke his little head out just to stare back at me when i get close to the tank.

mine's name is Mowgli :D

great pics as always!

• Like 2
On 6/13/2017 at 11:23 AM, WV Reefer said:

They do have a log like quality to them. 

On 6/13/2017 at 11:48 AM, Pjanssen said:

so darn cute.

Agree

On 6/13/2017 at 0:02 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

me too!  they are such great fish.  mine makes me crack up all the time, the way he'll poke his little head out just to stare back at me when i get close to the tank.

mine's name is Mowgli :D

great pics as always!

Thanks so much!

On 6/13/2017 at 2:20 PM, moosubi said:

Blennies are the best :)

I'm having a hard time deciding on the blenny for the 3rd tank.  I have the starry and the tail spot.  They had a really cool blenny on Live Aquaria today, one that I had never seen before.  Barred Blenny - Just not ready to make the final call. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, urbaneks said:

They do have a log like quality to them. 

Agree

Thanks so much!

I'm having a hard time deciding on the blenny for the 3rd tank.  I have the starry and the tail spot.  They had a really cool blenny on Live Aquaria today, one that I had never seen before.  Barred Blenny - Just not ready to make the final call. 

I've always liked the midas blennys. I plan on trying to get a pair for my tank this fall

• Like 2
On 6/5/2017 at 10:38 PM, urbaneks said:

StarBlen_zpsolqpg0oi.jpg

Marvin - The Starry Blenny

My starry is such ball of crazy. Any time my hand is in the tank to do anything, feed, clean, move tipped over frag, anything at all, I get met with bites near immediately. Like a finger-seeking missile that blenny is! Is yours that agitated? lol 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dirtrider225 said:

I've always liked the midas blennys. I plan on trying to get a pair for my tank this fall

They are definitely on my short list.  Never had one so perhaps it's time.

1 hour ago, TJ_Burton said:

My starry is such ball of crazy. Any time my hand is in the tank to do anything, feed, clean, move tipped over frag, anything at all, I get met with bites near immediately. Like a finger-seeking missile that blenny is! Is yours that agitated? lol 

My Starry is not aggressive at all, just the opposite.  He's quick to hide but then watch you closely.  He's never shy when it comes to eating. 

• Like 2

The barred is interesting looking, but I understand not being sure about it. I've seen some nice Midas as well. Our blenny plays third wheel to the clown pairs antics...

• Like 1
14 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

Sounds like your starry needs some blenny-xanax! :lol:

• Like 2

June 16th, 2017 - Large Coral Addition (Thanks #Zibba)

I received a text this week that hit me with very mixed emotions.  One of our best local reefers is moving out of state for a job opportunity.  While this may seem like great news, it was followed with a getting out of the hobby message.  While I hated to hear this news, I'm happy for my friend and was happy when he extended an invitation to get some of his outstanding corals into my tank.  While I'm mostly an SPS person, he had some very beautiful LPS and Softies.  Here is a small sample of a few of the corals that I picked up from him.  I will get more photos soon.  Thanks again #zibba!

SpaceInvaders_zps40zdexvt.jpg

Space Invaders Pectina - The detail in the skin is amazing. 

RF2_zpsnl4mnrer.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone - How have I never had one of these before.  I believe I'm going to start collecting these

Bounce_zpswtolwbvw.jpg

My first Bounce Mushroom - Orange Bounce Mushroom

Hammer1_zpsartcf0dp.jpg

Hammer2_zpsnfctrtyr.jpg

Hammer3_zpswag5cg8d.jpg

He had 3 of the best looking Hammer Corals I've ever seen.  I was able to get all 3 and keep them together.  Here are some macro images of the 3 of them. 

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, urbaneks said:

June 16th, 2017 - Large Coral Addition (Thanks #Zibba)

I received a text this week that hit me with very mixed emotions.  One of our best local reefers is moving out of state for a job opportunity.  While this may seem like great news, it was followed with a getting out of the hobby message.  While I hated to hear this news, I'm happy for my friend and was happy when he extended an invitation to get some of his outstanding corals into my tank.  While I'm mostly an SPS person, he had some very beautiful LPS and Softies.  Here is a small sample of a few of the corals that I picked up from him.  I will get more photos soon.  Thanks again #zibba!

SpaceInvaders_zps40zdexvt.jpg

Space Invaders Pectina - The detail in the skin is amazing. 

RF2_zpsnl4mnrer.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone - How have I never had one of these before.  I believe I'm going to start collecting these

Bounce_zpswtolwbvw.jpg

My first Bounce Mushroom - Orange Bounce Mushroom

Hammer1_zpsartcf0dp.jpg

Hammer2_zpsnfctrtyr.jpg

Hammer3_zpswag5cg8d.jpg

He had 3 of the best looking Hammer Corals I've ever seen.  I was able to get all 3 and keep them together.  Here are some macro images of the 3 of them. 

I need some pectinia!  Wow! :o

• Like 2
On 6/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, moosubi said:

The barred is interesting looking, but I understand not being sure about it. I've seen some nice Midas as well. Our blenny plays third wheel to the clown pairs antics...

Lots of people loving the Midas Blennies.  I may have to go that route. 

On 6/16/2017 at 0:59 AM, jstuver said:

My Midas blenny is my favorite fish they have so much personality! Tanks are looking awesome by the way.

Thanks for the kind words.  Leaning Midas for sure. 

15 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I need some pectinia!  Wow! :o

This is my first time having one as well.  The color is rather amazing. 

15 hours ago, GregEmmitte said:

Those are incredible photos

Thanks so much.

• Like 1

June 17th, 2017 - A few additional photos of my new additions
Here are a few more photos of the new corals I brought home from my friends house.  Once again - Thanks #Zibba

RF1_zps47i0r1k1.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone Macro

Outrage_zpsfhczzszp.jpg

Jason Fox Outrage Monti

PinkFloyd_zpsgygvle9r.jpg

Reef Raft Pink Floyd

Dendro_zpsnrtahw22.jpg

Dendro Macro

• Like 12
6 hours ago, xEL Chupacabrax said:

Can't wait to see a fts with the new additions ?

I think you mean FTS's.  3 tanks.  :)  I will get some FTS's up in the next week or so. 

• Like 5