Pod Your Reef

Bozeman

Ranjib

• 4 weeks later...

Fts 

37445756920_56c7036c3f_b.jpg

aftet water change . 

Liams clove is retracted. There were some bubble algae build up. I mechanically removed most .

shrimps are doing good. Green play has already started growing . It will be interesting to see if it can overtake gsp :-)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Current fts, nothing new, just keeping regular chore (which is very minimal) , most things are now completely automated with reef-pi. I think people can make pico tanks like this within 500$, should write a details build on that :-)

38149635096_719621d471_b.jpg

• Like 2

Peace and tranquility prevails in Bozeman. Tank is doing good, other than some bubble algae growth on the top rock housing the Liam’s clove 

26570710319_331751759b_b.jpg

i plan to mechanically remove them while water change 

The neon green palys showing a new polyp head

38345118221_0361f14ba6_b.jpg

The middle rock , housing green zoas 

26570710899_0cdbb8815e_b.jpg

i am noticing these don’t have the outer tentacles around their polyp head like their mother colony in the other tank. I believe the sexy shrimp eat those 

I can’t recall this chalice name, something on the line of ‘tyree’ .. but I love it. It has grown slowly in this pico tank, but has colored up very nice 

37631270014_395966f1d7_b.jpg

there are very few other corals I can think of , that have such purple blue hue.

38314398952_65c4931101_b.jpg

Shrimps are doing great. This is one of their most usual den, among the gsp

26570711489_c30a0eae20_b.jpg

• Like 3
On 11/11/2017 at 10:33 PM, Ranjib said:

Peace and tranquility prevails in Bozeman. Tank is doing good, other than some bubble algae growth on the top rock housing the Liam’s clove 

26570710319_331751759b_b.jpg

i plan to mechanically remove them while water change 

The neon green palys showing a new polyp head

38345118221_0361f14ba6_b.jpg

The middle rock , housing green zoas 

26570710899_0cdbb8815e_b.jpg

i am noticing these don’t have the outer tentacles around their polyp head like their mother colony in the other tank. I believe the sexy shrimp eat those 

I can’t recall this chalice name, something on the line of ‘tyree’ .. but I love it. It has grown slowly in this pico tank, but has colored up very nice 

37631270014_395966f1d7_b.jpg

there are very few other corals I can think of , that have such purple blue hue.

38314398952_65c4931101_b.jpg

Shrimps are doing great. This is one of their most usual den, among the gsp

26570711489_c30a0eae20_b.jpg

Man your pictures look really good (as well as the tank). What kind of camera are you using? 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TFish77 said:

Man your pictures look really good (as well as the tank). What kind of camera are you using? 

iPhone 7 and Camera+ app, 

I was just mentioning the same thing in my local reef club's forum. That this is a killer combo:

- iPhone

- oloclip  pro macro lense (75$), only for the macro shots

- Camera+ app (3$) [Crop, temperature & sharpen]

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I just purchased the same tank for a bedroom tank! Just set up tonight! Used some live rock from my main tank, also cut a piece out of my marine pure block from main tank to go in filter.

Love how yours looks!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ranjib said:

I love this tank. Much better shape than my fluval spec 3, and lot cheaper . This one is pretty low maintenance. What are you planning to stock?

I'm not certain...lol :) my 40 gallon breeder has a pair of black clowns, a yellow tang, a algae blenny, a orange spotted goby, an assortment of mushrooms,  zoas,  frogspawn and duncans currently...as well as emerald crabs, a banded shrimp and a fire shrimp!

This tank...I'm using a 27 watt LED fixture...which I know is a bit of overkill, but won't be running full power.  

I'm thinking a variety of lps corals, have to have some zoas, maybe some monti...fish...doubt...would love a single Mandarin in there once I get a good amount of pods...but think tank is too small for a Mandarin

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Things are always changing in Bozeman ;-(. Had to remove the clove due to growing concerns over bubble algae and clove growing faster than I want

DSC_1239

sexy shrimps are doing ok

DSC_1176

got a new macro lens 

DSC_1177

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FTS

DSC_0025

Sexy shrimps are doing ok. I think they are nipping my zoas :0/

DSC_0027

I am seeing a lot of feather duster heads popping up from the old shells in LR , I used to think they are dead. On the backside, theres a bigger feather duster, with almost a quarter size head

DSC_0029

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FTS .. almost

DSC_0313

Sexy shrimp in GSP

DSC_0125

Challice continued to grown on the back wall

DSC_0124

Green paly, being encroached by GSP

DSC_0121

Seven legged asterina :-O

DSC_0119

• Like 1

I have the same tank in my office, but it's a freshwater red cherry shrimp tank.  Been thinking of purchasing another for saltwater.  

Just curious - why do you keep the water level so low on this tank?  I keep my FW tank water level about 1/2" from the top. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
40219326841_2dd91c6d09_b.jpg

Current FTS

DSC_0497

Nothing new. I kinda love bozeman, in how  its current form. I might bring in some invasive corals (Grandis for now) and rehome here. time to time. But even that is a rare possibility. I like watching all the critters, I only see bristle stars in this tank. not in my other two. Also this was has whole lot of tiny feather dusters in the cave part (other than one big in the back). Theres also aterina, pods , stomatella etc.. 

Question, does feather dusters prefer dark?

• Like 1

Tank is doing alrite. I fragged grandis paly from my other pico tank and rehomed them here.

Sexy shrimp, close up

DSC_0602

DSC_0601

Tiny feather duster,

DSC_0605

• Like 2

Some bad news, the challice has started to bleach in some places. I suspect the recent ramp up in light intensity. Sexy shrimps were more active / nipping at the wounds, so I would suspect they are making it worse :-( . I have reduced the light intensity , I 'll wait and see how the challice respond to it, if things get worse, i might frag it off. Theres a part of the challice thats stuck in the backwall, i am curious how that part respond in particular, since its perpendicular to the light source,

26596384168_631bb3b65b_b.jpg

Bozeman has a nice cave right in the middle, which houses lots of tiny feather dusters, theres a big one also (crown is big like gradis polyp) , but its not coming out since i have moved the rock to a front facing position.

I took some time to take some close ups. Notice the right - bottom corner, thats the start of the cave, there are probably 20+ feather dusters in that cave. This part has a cluster of 4 

DSC_0580

DSC_0581

DSC_0586

DSC_0593

Grandis polyps that were rehomed from my other pico (healdsburg) has now opened up, they look ok

26596384298_e591a73042_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Pods :-)

DSC_0640

Feather dusters 

DSC_0649

Challice, not sure if it’s healing up, or not. But the tissue recession has stopped

40568131111_a40d2bc8ec_b.jpg

• Like 2