Jump to content
pokerdobe

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Torch galore?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, North Borders said:

How did you go about fragging your zoas off that colony rock? I have a similar rock I want to trim up for more species, but not sure the best way to go about it. 

 

Just kind of picked out the entire rock and used a craft knife and bone cutters to chip away at everything. It was messy and probably not the best way to do it. 

 

I didn't enjoy the experience and to be honest, have considered breaking off the entire section that has the sunny d's on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

 

Just kind of picked out the entire rock and used a craft knife and bone cutters to chip away at everything. It was messy and probably not the best way to do it. 

 

I didn't enjoy the experience and to be honest, have considered breaking off the entire section that has the sunny d's on them. 

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

Things have changed a little since my last update in May 2017. 

 

ly525Tw.jpg?1

 

bvUimq7.jpg?1

Whoa! Where did all that coralline come from? Do you anything to promote its growth?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

wow. looks great!!!!

Thanks!

 

38 minutes ago, Dally said:

Whoa! Where did all that coralline come from? Do you anything to promote its growth?

Honestly, it just started taking off. I don't think I did anything special other than try to keep my parameters as stable as possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Reminder to clean out your powerheads. 

 

I finally cleaned my gyres after 7 months of neglect and WOW, what a difference. I was actually contemplating adding another powerhead before since I felt like I wasn't getting enough flow. Glad I waited and cleaned instead. 

Share this post


Link to post

Really crappy picture - but always surprising to see how things have progressed when I take a step back and go back through older photos. 

 

zvIVvHI.jpg?1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Really crappy picture - but always surprising to see how things have progressed when I take a step back and go back through older photos. 

 

zvIVvHI.jpg?1

 

Excellent! What's the timeline on those pics?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

 

Excellent! What's the timeline on those pics?

From left to right - 10/14, 11/7, 1/14. 

 

1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

Btw your goni colonies are pretty stunning

 

Thanks! The gonis are definitely something I'm liking more and more everyday. I'm hoping the smaller ones to the immediate left of the two colonies will catch up soon. 

Share this post


Link to post

New FTS for the month of Feb. 

 

What's new?

  • Oregon Tort
  • Walt Disney
  • Holy Grail Torch
  • One of the goni frags melted away. 

 

05PnzSo.jpg?1

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post

Picked up another XR30 for a steal - so I guess I'll be adding another light to my fixture. 

 

In other news, one of my torches seems unhappy. Did a water change and will follow up with another today. 

 

Added another 3 bartletts and 1 mccoskers - hopefully all will be ok. Seems like I disrupted the current anthias' hierarchy, so there's some chasing and hiding going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, pokerdobe said:

Really happy with this new pick up.

 

 IPgw0F1.jpg?1

Where did you put this guy? Pacman, I assume?  I just picked up its relative, JF fire dragon.  I'm losing the tip color, think it may want more light from where I have mine.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Where did you put this guy? Pacman, I assume?  I just picked up its relative, JF fire dragon.  I'm losing the tip color, think it may want more light from where I have mine.

It was sold to me as the BC Twilight Dragon - but they all look the same to me. 

 

Mine is mid/lower level in my tank. What intensity are you running your NB? I don't know the PAR in my tank, but I would think I run pretty high. 3x Radion XR30s at 100% intensity plus 4 T5 bulbs. 

 

NfdqDLD.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

It was sold to me as the BC Twilight Dragon - but they all look the same to me. 

 

Mine is mid/lower level in my tank. What intensity are you running your NB? I don't know the PAR in my tank, but I would think I run pretty high. 3x Radion XR30s at 100% intensity plus 4 T5 bulbs. 

 

NfdqDLD.png

That’s a lot of light 😃. I’ll move mine out of the shaded area. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×