Cultivated Reef

Nola & Bosco's Red Sea E260 - New FTS

Nola Bear

My yellow tang and starry blenny take care of hair algae, so it is hard to say, but I am seeeing bubble algae return in places my emeralds can’t get to, like on my gyre grills, etc. 

i also have maintained my nopox regimen throughout the whole ordeal, so that is yet another variable. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, aside from some bubble algae on my gyre and in my rear chambers, all seems status quo. Seeing stable growth and good color. I’m working on ramping up my 3 AI Primes to the AB+ settings featured on BRS. Some of my acros seem a little sensitive to the gradual changes, but still have good color and pe.

Went to the Florida Frag Swap ( a big show in Tampa area every year). I was only able to make it for the last hour, but I did buy two things: a nice 2” strawberry shortcake ($30) and a ~1” Frag of Pinky the Bear + a large green acro freebie from Mike (BigR) for $35. 

Overall, I’m happy!

• Like 1

Terrible pics:mellow:  but am about to feed and love the top down of pc rainbow and my blueberry diesel

2nd pic is the BigR freebie

3rd pic is the strawberry shortcake. Again awful pic. Can’t get a great angle on it.  

Can’t get a good pic of Pinky the Bear :(

• Like 1

Strange days. Two days ago i noticed that my yellow tang was pinned against an acro. Never a good sign. I helped her way from the rock and turned off my power heads For the next day. I noticed that one of her pectoral fins was damaged. She ate that night and the next morning, but that following evening she was pointing downward and not eating. Needless to say, she didn’t make it to the next morning.   :tears:

• Sad 1
  • 4 months later...