Cultivated Reef

IM Nuvo 10 Build Thread - Updated 2/27/2017 - Updated Pics!

VW_TDI_02

On 7/24/2017 at 6:11 PM, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah a 20g freshwater won't be fun to move either lol.  I'd wait till the moves are over and re-evaluate.

I definitely did not mean that I was going to set up the tank now but rather after moving in to the new place. I've moved freshwater tanks before and they aren't as bad since you don't have to worry about having water already made or making new water but still not fun to do as you said. While I'd love to have a new fish tank when I move in and sign a year long lease, I simply don't know where I will be after that year. I don't want to have to move that tank in a year. It sucks but since I can't afford to buy a place and I can't really afford to live on my own even renting (Northern VA rent is insane) I think I'm just going to step away from the hobby for a while. I know it is possible with pico tanks and other small tanks but it's just another thing I have to move that I may not even have enough space for. One day when I'm able to purchase a home where I know I'm going to be staying for multiple years then I'll probably jump back into the hobby but for now tanks are more of a luxury that I unfortunately don't have the money for. 

• Like 1