ReefCleaners.org

Chris's IM30 - Cheap camera experiment

--chris--

19 hours ago, --chris-- said:

Tank update:  The blue tort and one of the dark green acros has burnt tips and now has small patches of algae growing on  a few tips.  Weird.....since nothing else (even other acros) have this issue. 

The meteor shower cyphastrea is growing like crazy!  The purple haze monti is growing well and I think my new plating monti's are getting ready to grow (I see a white rime now).  

Hope things turn around for the Cali tort, I still got a few frags left on my rack. 

If it continues, clip off the burnt tip to prevent it from becoming full blown TN.  Check your alk and/or nutrient level. 

do you plan on going to Lansing swap? Maybe we can meet up there? I can bring u another one if you need it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cali tort is Cali toast.  Everything else is encrusting and growing but the Cali didn’t like something.

i won’t be among it to Lansing, we have a hockey tourney that weekend...maybe next year.

AAE3EFD3-8D1E-4232-9209-FB8A683EBE0C.jpeg

6C85F2F7-9C04-4D25-8B4F-6E09C991492D.jpeg

48A2B770-F43C-4792-AAA2-26A6CB8E742A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 1/26/2019 at 12:48 PM, --chris-- said:

Cali tort is Cali toast.  Everything else is encrusting and growing but the Cali didn’t like something.

checked your alk lately?  with the recent SPS additions, there may be enough drop in alk to cause issue?  You mentioned algae took over the tips, was that where it began?

Yes, it looked like what people described as burnt tips then it faded over a few weeks and RTN'd in a day.  Alk has been within a 0.5 window (around 8.5 dkh) as well.  I think it might have been the light?  I had the UV channel cranked up, a few other corals looked unhappy so I backed it off ~30% and since everything has been much happier looking.  

Thats my guess anyway.  Light shock (?) then it never recovered.  

2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

checked your alk lately?  with the recent SPS additions, there may be enough drop in alk to cause issue?  You mentioned algae took over the tips, was that where it began?

Did I get this monti from you?

It has doubled in size in two months. (left side, puple and white polyps):

48A2B770-F43C-4792-AAA2-26A6CB8E742A.jpe

58 minutes ago, --chris-- said:

Did I get this monti from you?

It has doubled in size in two months. (left side, puple and white polyps):

48A2B770-F43C-4792-AAA2-26A6CB8E742A.jpe

Yup, that mystic sunset is from me, so is that green one in the middle. They’re both very easy going monti’s, just grow and grow. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

the zoas are looking great! 

Thanks again!  Yes, they are very happy.  Nearly doubled in quantity since I got them from you!  The cornbread rainbows are also very happy, I had 4 polyps initially, now I have nearly double that.  The rasta's too are growing quickly.  

The SPS are doing ok, the monti's are very happy and growing quickly.  The Acro's, well they are "ok".  The neon green acro is always happy and is encrusting quite a bit.  The dark green acros (above) is also happy and encrusting but the blue tort didn't work out and now one of the other acros is STN'ing.  

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 7:49 PM, --chris-- said:

Side project:

i found a Miracles 36x24x18 rimless with low iron glass, beveled, built in overflow, 3 holes....for $180.

whats the catch?  The current owner tried to buff out several scratches and hazed up the glass real good.

the tank comes with one of those pro polishing kits.  

If you zoom in you can see the damage. 

What say ye forum members?  Is it beyond repair?  

when It’s filled with water the scratches kind of disappear....but not enough.

F58659E8-5EEA-4041-ACA5-EE6C12854119.png

hey, in my pm yesterday or the day before, I was wondering if this thing is still sitting around in your garage...I know it's been over a year, but this hobby has the tendency to make a hourder out of anyone 😄 .