Pod Your Reef

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

Great news on the duncan!

I’ll work on getting some sponge growing on a frag plug or piece of rubble for you.  That should resolve unapproved migration!  

Tom

• Like 1

My in-camera preview sucks, these turned out a bit better than I anticipated. 😅

Topdown 

P9210979.thumb.JPG.537eea4fca5de0eaea03b07f4d670e4d.JPG

This one is making a GREAT comeback.

P9210980.thumb.JPG.da3afd00337fa6a44f63a9e5f0cc14c0.JPG

This tenuis is sooo blue

P9210973.thumb.JPG.cdaf1370d25c3bd399cb11dea374f651.JPG

PC rainbow and Pink Lemonade (top).  Upscale microcaldos is looking lumpy, and an unknown blue/green tenuis shooting out branches all around.

P9210972.thumb.JPG.06ea2156bfd9555a24def0bc62b5a9ec.JPG

Fire dragon

P9210969.thumb.JPG.7d37d061fada590c2d5bfd7a59bb93bb.JPG

The little OP nub is turning white from the base 😱😰.  Hopefully, it won't keep going too far.  

P9210967.thumb.JPG.386d4273a04bf1bfb65aa5ff2dbf9fc0.JPG

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

I did a thing.

Not really sure what the plan for this is at the moment 😅 

PSA - DO NOT put a frag rack on your front glass. just discovered a decent-size scratch smack dab center of my tank where the rack pressed on the glass.  Something probably got wedged in between rack and glass, and me moving it around caused the scratch. 🤦🏼‍♂️.    

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I did a thing.

Not really sure what the plan for this is at the moment 😅 

PSA - DO NOT put a frag rack on your front glass. just discovered a decent-size scratch smack dab center of my tank where the rack pressed on the glass.  Something probably got wedged in between rack and glass, and me moving it around caused the scratch. 🤦🏼‍♂️.    

T5 is great. 

I've considered switching to the ATI 8bulb again. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

Awesome!! Glad I am not the only one jumping into the T5 game. Let me know what bulb combos you end up choosing 😁

it'll come with some bulbs from the seller, so I'd probably play around with those first

5 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

T5 is great. 

I've considered switching to the ATI 8bulb again. 

If the included bulbs are to my liking, I may keep it over the tank for a little while to test.  But ultimately, I want to build an ATI/nanobox hybrid.  

4 hours ago, spectra said:

Love my T5s and LEDs mixed...……...If I could have found a T5/MH I would have went that rout...…….

MH, for real?  I think giesemann still sell them, if you're feeling nostalgic.  kidding aside, one of the LFS still runs two big domes over their main display, the light color, the shimmer, the coral growth - it's insane.  

1 hour ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Frag tank?

That, my friend, is NOT wife-approved, and likely never will, hahaha. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

it'll come with some bulbs from the seller, so I'd probably play around with those first

If the included bulbs are to my liking, I may keep it over the tank for a little while to test.  But ultimately, I want to build an ATI/nanobox hybrid.  

MH, for real?  I think giesemann still sell them, if you're feeling nostalgic.  kidding aside, one of the LFS still runs two big domes over their main display, the light color, the shimmer, the coral growth - it's insane.  

Yep love the shimmer of MH....................wanted a giesemann spectra in 6 foot versionb but couldnt find one....................ended up with the giesemann stellar and 4 red sea 90s over the new tank...........like the look and the 90s add shimmer.

WindyCityReefer.
14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I am giving the ATI blue+ and coral+ a try. Looking forward to hearing your experiences with the fixture.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yep love the shimmer of MH....................wanted a giesemann spectra in 6 foot versionb but couldnt find one....................ended up with the giesemann stellar and 4 red sea 90s over the new tank...........like the look and the 90s add shimmer.

That sounds like one serious light set up....

12 minutes ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

I am giving the ATI blue+ and coral+ a try. Looking forward to hearing your experiences with the fixture.

I think that's the combo I often hear being used.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

That sounds like one serious light set up....

I think that's the combo I often hear being used.  

I like it but its hard as SPS need the light but my zoas like the lower settings.............

I tried a purple plus and didnt like it at all............tried a coral but in the end if any LEDS are added just ran blue plus for the T5s.........my current Stellar has 4 blue pluses in it .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

Something about easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. 

I'd rather save that in the "forgiveness bank" for when a 750XXL shows up on our driveway 🤣 

<JK, it's a long time til that happens for me>

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

I'd rather save that in the "forgiveness bank" for when a 750XXL shows up on our driveway 🤣 

<JK, it's a long time til that happens for me>

well just remember the XXL means its going to cost XXL more...…………..:lol:

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Did water change tonight. 

Turned out, I forgot to plug in my heater since last weekend’s water change. 🤭my bad. 

All seems ok. 

you use the terlet to :unsure:

must not be that cold up there yet...............

• Haha 1

4 new T5HO bulbs on the way:

• 3 ATI BluePlus
  • 1 ATI CoralPlus

came with the fixture are mostly white bulbs, so I can blend in warmer colors if I need to:

• 2 Giesemann 6000K (probably not gonna use, too white)
  • 1 KZ Coral Light (10000K)
  • 1 ATI Aquablue Special (12000K)
  • Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, mitten_reef said:

Fragged the easy SPS this past weekend: Bird of Paradise, purple stylo, and bubblegum digi. 

6580E167-4312-4ED2-8C66-7C3AD471D3ED.thumb.jpeg.794ea4028f2dfab74aabda49b65228b6.jpeg9BE333DE-7612-4604-9846-87B2DD175824.thumb.jpeg.f235cc7e1b72be14957b644090011c16.jpeg

I want a bubble gum digi so bad. I passed on that frag last year.. he was selling it for 10 bucks, but sps scared me so I didn't buy it. Now I kick myself for not trying it. Those are looking really good.

How long are you going to do the t5 fixture for?

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, mitten_reef said:

Did water change tonight. 

Turned out, I forgot to plug in my heater since last weekend’s water change. 🤭my bad. 

All seems ok. 

I noticed they don't really care if the temp gets cold. When my inkbird shit the bed my tank got down to like 65 degrees :whoa:. Nothing even noticed. It was like that for at least 3 days till the new one got to my house. My heater also shit the bed at the same time lol. Corals are amazing animals though.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, mitten_reef said:

I might really need to get one of those stupid filter.

I kinda feel the same way about them.....like my tank is for me....don't really care of it looks weird through the lens of a camera since that's not how I look at my tank!!  

Want a better view?  Come over or get your own tank!  😄

(I'll prolly break down and get one someday. 🙄)

• Like 2