inTank Media Baskets

Matteo's College Living Room Piece* Update

Matteo

Went with an algae scrubber eh?? Mine has worked out great! and bro thats a sick bike.. All of my friends have Honda CBR's and I want one lol

Yours is the blue one in the back right? lol

haha funny. CBR's are cool but I am a yamaha whore. I love my R6. Done a lot of personal work on it too so I would hate seeing someone else ride her

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tdannhauser30

haha funny. CBR's are cool but I am a yamaha whore. I love my R6. Done a lot of personal work on it too so I would hate seeing someone else ride her

Yeah I dont know much of anything about them. I just look at them and say looks cool I want one lol. All it needs to impress me is nice paint and clean looking lol.

Have_A_Beer

Jumping on this thread a little late but the tank looks amazing man! Great work with everything. I'm curious to see how this algae scrubber works out.

Jumping on this thread a little late but the tank looks amazing man! Great work with everything. I'm curious to see how this algae scrubber works out.

thanks man!

blizzardscout2

My buddy tried to push me to a CBR, I was torn between the R6 and what I ultimately ended up with the Triumph 675. However I sold it a few years later after half a dozen close calls. Plus I see the result of people hitting bikers so I couldn't justify the risk any longer. Ride safe and watch out for those who only care about checking their FB posts instead of watching out for the Harley in their blind spot.

My buddy tried to push me to a CBR, I was torn between the R6 and what I ultimately ended up with the Triumph 675. However I sold it a few years later after half a dozen close calls. Plus I see the result of people hitting bikers so I couldn't justify the risk any longer. Ride safe and watch out for those who only care about checking their FB posts instead of watching out for the Harley in their blind spot.

I'm a very cautious rider and always gear up. Triumph 675 is a sexy bike!

Thinking of switching my coral + out for a blue +. Reason being is the whites on my V3's are only at 10%. Coral + and Purple + definitely are good looking but I feel like they wash out the Royal Blues a bit on the LEDs and I lose some pop.

So I was thinking Purple + and Blue + or maybe the Aqua Special

thoughts?

Bi-weekly maintenance today. 12ish gallon water change, ATO refill, scrub glass and back wall, scrape coraline algae off, clean skimmer cup, clean MP10 wetside and rw4, possibly build up flow algae scrubber. Discontinue down flow scrubber. Turkey baster LR.

• 1 month later...
lilmatty5dimes

I am at work at the moment but I can later! If you look at my sump pic in the first page its actually sitting on the baffles on the right side

thanks! It has brown algae with a hint of green. I am going to let it run till turf shows up. If turf doesn't show after another couple weeks I will break it down and try again. The down flow is moderate for what it is. This was more of an experimental thing. I honestly would much rather build a smaller up flow scrubber and use red LEDs. My sump is crowded. Upflow also only require air pump. The pump for the algae scrubber I would rather use for a carbon reactor

DREAM SETUP!

16b395f5-793b-4f90-9534-659742a6741a_zps

all I gotta do is sell this.....

12804834_10204137103586600_1737083968615

jk never

I mean I'll buy your dream tank for the bike. Lol glad you were able to keep yours up and running. It's looking great

• 3 months later...

YO! so long story short, got super busy with work, school, army, etc. STILL BUSY DON"T GET ME WRONG...BUT time for a re-vamp!

So I had a small crash and lost some of the SPS and sold both my purple torches and I lost my Blenny to my MP10 :( I also have a cyano outbreak in my fuge.

SOOOO

I plan on cleaning the whole sump out and doing a 10 min fresh water bath on the live rock with a good scrubbing and then adding a power head and going dark for about a week.

So my girlfriends macro nano is doing really well and I have decided to take my reef and make it a macro/softie/and easy LPS mix reef. I have been looking at tanks and I like the bright look they have as I will also mess with light settings adding more power to the white and less to the blue.

This will take time and I promise to load pics once it's done!

cheers!

Archived